2019 Entry Draft Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I’ve been feeling this way before the summer began. I think he needs to show more offence to be a true top-5 pick, though still think he is easily going top-10. He has a lot of elite tools, but not sure if he’s going to be the stud #1D teams all want/need.

I see I'm not the only not sold on Byrams offensive abilities.

I did like him at the Hlinka, but Smith, Dobson and Boqvist to me were clearly making plays after plays driving the offense even at these short tourneys.

Reactions: sandviper and Mrb1p

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I see I'm not the only not sold on Byrams offensive abilities.

I did like him at the Hlinka, but Smith, Dobson and Boqvist to me were clearly making plays after plays driving the offense even at these short tourneys.

Count me in as another one. Everyone gushing about him, but he's stagnated offensively for me... I was far more impressed with him a year ago than I have been since.

Reactions: sandviper

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Lavoie with an extra first maybe (but then I'd target a D). There's so many better players in this class that simply do more. It's still crazy how good Lavoie has gotten.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
The only thing that sticks out, aside from a few names, is his take on Kakko, that he doesn't wow you with physicality.

If anything that's been the most impressive aspect of his start in Liiga. He puts grown men on their asses and they have to hook and hold to take it away from him.

I've only seen a few highlights but he looks like a gd truck out there. That little mini review under sold him imo.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
The teams certainly playing like they want the Dach.

Bah, even if they played better, I still can't see them making the playoffs this year anyway.

But the top 15 in 2019 is something else, so we're bound to get a very good prospect again... but yeah, the best ones are still in the top5-6, that's hopefully where we'll pick.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
If we don't get Kakko or Hughes Im going to be so disappointed... That would be Matthews, Crosby, Svechnikov, Laine and Dahlin. That's just too much.

I sure want another 1st rounder this time, at the very least, we already have the 2nd round covered, and that CLB team is a bubble one, may surprise like the Hawks last season (in a good way for us)

Kotkaniemi looks very good, but yeah, getting a Hughes to complement Kotkaniemi would give us a very nice 1-2 punch at C, while having Poehling-Olofsson to compete for that 3rd line. Then Suzuki-Ylonen on the wing... or Kakko to play on Kotka's wing... damn, we'd be one for a long time. (we'd just need that top pairing LHD)

Reactions: Andrei79 and Mrb1p

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
If we don't get Kakko or Hughes Im going to be so disappointed... That would be Matthews, Crosby, Svechnikov, Laine and Dahlin. That's just too much.
I'd be more disappointed with COL getting one of them thanks to Ottawa's pick. They should've held on to that pick, though that sends a terrible message to the team.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I'd be more disappointed with COL getting one of them thanks to Ottawa's pick. They should've held on to that pick, though that sends a terrible message to the team.

Damn eh, COL got Kamenev, Girard, Bowers, Hammond (whatever), 2018 NSH 2nd round pick (that became an early 3rd and a late 5th), that crazy 2019 OTT 1st pick and 2019 OTT 3rd pick.

For Matt f***ing Duchene.

"It’s bittersweet for sure, but I’m excited for a new opportunity in Ottawa," Duchene said as he left Barclays Center in Brooklyn. "(The Senators) have a team that can win a Stanley Cup. I’m really excited to go there and just nothing but a pleasure to have played here for Colorado."

Crazy trade for Sakic...

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Just finished watching Sudbury vs Barrie.
Suzuki is real smart. Made quick reads, disrupted plays and turned defence to offence in both zones. Picked up two assists.
Byfield had a quiet night, as most of the Wolves players. Blake Murray created a few chances but I'm not sure as far as upside.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrb1p

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Watching Michigan v U18 right now, 10 minutes into the first and gotdamn Hughes is dynamic.

He's always fast, he's great at changing speed but he goes fast to super fast. Always crossing over, very efficient in his skating. Crazy good hand eye and a puck hound, yet also gives his teammates room to think. He's not doing everything, which is kinda what you want to see, that he not only makes other guys better but that he elevates their play by letting them find open space themselves and getting puck touches.

Zegras caught my eye for the 2nd game in a row as well but, in general, the team looks stacked this year. Canada v USA, assuming Canada gets most of its big guns, has the potential to be an epic showdown in April.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
On the other hand, Boldy had a tough 1st at both ends. Defensive misreads, poor decision making offensively. Not his game up to now.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Lundell with 2 goals, 4 shots, +3 and third most used forward for HIFK with 16:37 today. 3 goals in 6 games now, he's having a good debut by even D-year standards. Don't see how Finland doesn't invite this guy for WJC.

Nipsey

Aug 8, 2018
Lavoie reminds of julien Gauthier, i'd be pretty disappointed with him.

We really need Kakko. Him and Kotka would be fantastic together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->