2019 Entry Draft Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Without a doubt. Wahlstrom is great for Hughes, because Hughes can skate circles around the offensive zone, find Wahlstrom and he'll probably capitalize on the chance. The issue this year is that both Hughes and Zegras need the puck on their stick to make things happen. Both are offensive play-drivers, so if one is doing their thing, the other can't be.
Are they still on the same line ? I don't get it, Boldy should be with Hughes and small Caufield should be with Zegras on another line, makes more sense.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
2 point nigh for Dach. That's 29 points in 18 games. Next guy on the team has 20. He's literally carrying that team so hard.

Reactions: Andrei79

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Are they still on the same line ? I don't get it, Boldy should be with Hughes and small Caufield should be with Zegras on another line, makes more sense.

Same, don't understand why they dont try it out. I think all three would benefit.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
They've switched it up lately, aside from the game Turcotte was in, Zegras has been pivoting the 2nd line with Farrell and Rolston. Boldy is up on the 1st with Hughes and Caufield.

On a side note, Boldy's not talked enough. Nearly a GPG and Hughes has yet to assist on one of them.

Reactions: Habs76 and Andrei79

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
They've switched it up lately, aside from the game Turcotte was in, Zegras has been pivoting the 2nd line with Farrell and Rolston. Boldy is up on the 1st with Hughes and Caufield.

On a side note, Boldy's not talked enough. Nearly a GPG and Hughes has yet to assist on one of them.
How are Farrelll and Rolston? Youd think theyd be better off creating a duo with Boldy and Hughes instead.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
How are Farrelll and Rolston? Youd think theyd be better off creating a duo with Boldy and Hughes instead.
Rolston is good, I think he's a sleeper for 2020. His scoring touch and decent frame should complement Zegras' game. They started him on lower lines for some reason but expect his numbers to go up with the increased role, specially if Zegras is centering. Farrell's more of a mid-round prospect, good playmaker, he likes holding on to it like Zegras though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrb1p

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Seems like every year Kelowna pumps out quality dmen. Would be super stoked with an all-WHL first two picks of Dach + one of Thomson/Korczak.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
So Dach doesnt suck? Interesting development..

Gonna be hard to crack the top 4 when theres guys like Hughes/Dach/Cozens/Kakko, it starts to get interesting at #5 but i still have Byram there.

It wouldnt surprise me if Lavoie ends up going in the top 10 or even top 5 of the draft if teams project him to be a center, hes the complete package.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs76

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Big week coming up.

Canada-Russia series and then the fall 5 nations starts on november 7th.

I'm going to try to record everything for later viewings.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Anyone have any reports on Zegras? He seems to outproduce Hughes...

I don't see Zegras as close to Hughes whatsoever. Hughes is smarter, more skilled and a much better skater. He knows how to break down defensive systems while Zegras gets pucks in the right places quickly, but I'm not sure he'll be able to fool better comp like Hughes will. I feel Zegras benefits from being on that line more than Hughes does.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

He will be. Boldy's too big, too skilled and has a great release. Right now, it's all about Hughes and maybe Kakko, the rest of the top 10 will get their due eventually.

The top 10 is looking good in 2019 and Boldy is definitely in the mix. He'd look great beside Kotkaniemi.

Have to say though the 2020 draft is looking amazing.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He will be. Boldy's too big, too skilled and has a great release. Right now, it's all about Hughes and maybe Kakko, the rest of the top 10 will get their due eventually.

The top 10 is looking good in 2019 and Boldy is definitely in the mix. He'd look great beside Kotkaniemi.

Have to say though the 2020 draft is looking amazing.
For the 13090230923rd time, I'd love to add a bubble first rounder for Tatar or Petry... Imagine landing a top ten this year or next, yeahhhhhhh.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
For the 13090230923rd time, I'd love to add a bubble first rounder for Tatar or Petry... Imagine landing a top ten this year or next, yeahhhhhhh.

I think were at least getting an extra first this year.

Ever since the three win streak, the teams been treading water and its been open season in the slot. Everyones playing full throttle and we barely hang on. Were bound to drop soon and that means some guys are going to be traded at the TDL,

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
[QUOTE="Andrei79, post: 151691711, member: 185875"]I think were at least getting an extra first this year.

Ever since the three win streak, the teams been treading water and its been open season in the slot. Everyones playing full throttle and we barely hang on. Were bound to drop soon and that means some guys are going to be traded at the TDL,[/QUOTE]
I think were both fully prepared for this NOT to happen :laugh: Bergy is going for it hard for sure, unless theres a huge drop, which I'm not sure will happen, this is a deep team.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I think were at least getting an extra first this year.

Ever since the three win streak, the teams been treading water and its been open season in the slot. Everyones playing full throttle and we barely hang on. Were bound to drop soon and that means some guys are going to be traded at the TDL,
I think were both fully prepared for this NOT to happen :laugh: Bergy is going for it hard for sure, unless theres a huge drop, which I'm not sure will happen, this is a deep team.

Deep in averageness. Wait until teams like Washington and Pittsburgh get going and when the play gets tighter, the team goes on roadtrips, plays back to backs...we'll see what the roster really is made of, which isnt much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad