2019 Entry Draft Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Maybe a really dumb GM would trade us their early 1st for Drouin if Coz/Dach/Byram are still on the board? :laugh:

That said Suzuki #2 looks like a stud too...

Reactions: Habs76 and Andrei79

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
A name that doesn't get mentioned here much is Kokkonen. Wouldn't mind picking him up with our first if it's around 15-20

Could end up being a super big steal, i liked him at the U18's last year and Hlinka. Smooth skater (he improved his skating SO MUCH from last year, still needs some work tho) but he's very weak and small.

With players like him you really need to make sure that his hockey IQ and work ethic is there, if it is he'll be a massive steal. His offensive upside is definitely there, you just have to make sure he has defensive upside as well (a term that doesn't get used that much).. i.e: good stick work, gap control, positioning, being smart/reading the game, willingness to learn/improve etc.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think I need to forget Byram with the Habs start ..

with parity in the NHL a lot can happen since there's a ton of hockey left. I had us picking around 9th to 12th range but I wouldn't change this a month into the season. If by Jan/Feb we are in the same spot then things will get very interesting cause then you have to wonder if MB looks to be a buyer for the deadline.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah I wouldn't worry too much yet, we had one of the best starts in franchise history one year and picked 9th

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Kinda hope Lavoie has a quiet year and he falls down to the midd-late 1st range. Kid is a beast, so underrated.

Doubt he will tho cus he he has the tools to play at C in the NHL. He's the type of player that the Ducks will be all over tho, he's playing with Morand right now.

The tools/smarts that this kid has...

Last edited:
Reactions: Chr1s97

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Kinda hope Lavoie has a quiet year and he falls down to the midd-late 1st range. Kid is a beast, so underrated.

Doubt he will tho cus he he has the tools to play at C in the NHL. He's the type of player that the Ducks will be all over tho, he's playing with Morand right now.

The tools/smarts that this kid has...

Yes I'm high on Lavoie we could definitely use a big body skilled forward like him. What I really like is that he's a RH player we don't have any beside armia and Gallagher. I dont count shaw as a player lol can't wait to get rid of him. On top of that he's a guy from here he should be hungry to play for the habs

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Broberg doesn puck rush because hes a puck rushing D. He does it because he still can, even in Allsvenskan. Whats great is hes rounding out the rest of his game and he has shifts that are all fundamentals and smarts. I like him a lot in my early viewings.

Reactions: Mrb1p

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Broberg doesn puck rush because hes a puck rushing D. He does it because he still can, even in Allsvenskan. Whats great is hes rounding out the rest of his game and he has shifts that are all fundamentals and smarts. I like him a lot in my early viewings.
How do you find him when he's not rushing it up?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
How do you find him when he's not rushing it up?

It's still very early, but real good. A bit like Romanov in how he breaks up rushes and quickly gets the pass to the right teammate. He's good at settling the play down in his own zone with little fakes and getting the transition going. All of his shots are high quality, gets them through screens and he sees a lot of passing lanes. One thing that's good from his agressiveness is that he's used to timing his pinches with when space opens up.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Man, even if Hughes is producing less than I thought, his offensive game is just off the charts. Vastly superior to anyone on that team. I thought Wahlstrom complimented him better than Zegras, too.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Man, even if Hughes is producing less than I thought, his offensive game is just off the charts. Vastly superior to anyone on that team. I thought Wahlstrom complimented him better than Zegras, too.
Without a doubt. Wahlstrom is great for Hughes, because Hughes can skate circles around the offensive zone, find Wahlstrom and he'll probably capitalize on the chance. The issue this year is that both Hughes and Zegras need the puck on their stick to make things happen. Both are offensive play-drivers, so if one is doing their thing, the other can't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad