2019 Draft Thread

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If we want picks, like we are in semi-rebuild mode because the UFAs go, the guy you trade in the offseason is Savard. He’ll never have higher value. D is our strength. Savard will bring back a nice return. Better than anyone else we could afford to lose. And it clears up the Seattle problem — we will have to trade him eventually or Seattle would grab him. I wonder what the Candiens would give up for Savard. I’d ask for a lot.

It actually makes the "Seattle problem" worse. Because now you're down both Savard and another top 4 D-man (probably), maybe they take Murray, or Gavrikov, or Nutivaara. Seattle is going to get a good player from us no matter what we do.

Reactions: EspenK

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't think getting picks this year is critical unless it is a top 3 pick which just isn't going to happen.
If Duchene signs Wennberg needs to go for a bag of pucks if necessary.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
It actually makes the "Seattle problem" worse. Because now you're down both Savard and another top 4 D-man (probably), maybe they take Murray, or Gavrikov, or Nutivaara. Seattle is going to get a good player from us no matter what we do.

I expose Murray. Or trade him at the trade deadline if he is healthy next year. Losing Nuti in a couple of years would be tough but he will be near the end of his contract and he is going to get paid.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
My attitude is we are all in this year. Heading into next year we need to assess who is core and who isn’t. Trade those who aren’t core with the most value, play some young guys, and aim for being really good in 2 or 3 years. Savard is not core and has the most value.

Others want to keep players with value and trade those without. That may save cap space or open up a spot for a young guy but it doesnt maximize the return.

I also do not buy out anyone next year because I am more concerned with cap space in a few years than next year.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
HI! I'm a Canadiens fan and I'm asking other teams fans what are the first need you have to adress with your first pick. The Canadiens needs to find a winger (powerforward or goal scorer) and secondly, a top4 D. Cheers!

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
HI! I'm a Canadiens fan and I'm asking other teams fans what are the first need you have to adress with your first pick. The Canadiens needs to find a winger (powerforward or goal scorer) and secondly, a top4 D. Cheers!

We'll let you know when we get a pick. :laugh:

Reactions: CPTN71

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
So, who do we like at #81?...I saw one mock that had us taking a Finn (surprise) C who stands 5'9" and weighs about 160...sounds like a budding Ryan Getzlaff

Reactions: Frank JT

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
My interest in the draft lately has taken a surprising uptick. I think Jarmo’s gonna wheel and deal over the coming days.

I always fall for this and then nothing really happens. Lots of talk at the draft, very little wheeling and dealing. I remain open minded though.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad