2019 Draft Thread

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Thanks for the review. This is the first draft in which I didn't watch, not cared. There was almost no chance of anytime of meaningful trading and, obviously, we didn't have any higher picks.

Most boring draft eva... lol.

Although watching Subban move was interesting and doesn't bode all that well for us on July 1.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The defenseman kid has caught my eye a bit. 6'3 with some offensive upside. If he can skate (which they said he can, but why would they say he can't) and stay healthy I like the investment.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Saw the graphic that showed that Jackets had most top10 picks since the start of the century - 13. Do you feel like it?

No. Nash, Joey (thru Seth),Murray. Zach & PLD are all that have made a lasting (positive) impression. Klesla meh. LeClaire injury prone at best. Zherdev, Picard, Brule, Brass, Jake,Filatov either were busts or given up on too soon. Toss in Wennie & Milano and as a group I'd say the Jackets' #1 picks are underwhelming.

Last edited:
Reactions: CPTN71

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
A question to those much more knowledgeable than me re: this year's draft prospects; was this year's class simply an average one compared previous years or did it stand out one way or another? Did we really miss out on that much?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
A question to those much more knowledgeable than me re: this year's draft prospects; was this year's class simply an average one compared previous years or did it stand out one way or another? Did we really miss out on that much?

I didn't follow it closely but from what I gathered it was an above average class. 2 Really good guys at the top in Hughes and Kakko then a group of pretty good prospects.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Jarmos Post draft media availability interview

I like his candor on this answer:

Overall Jarmo definitely seemed a bit in the dumps. I can't tell if that reflects concern about the next couple weeks, or if that's just a scout being depressed about not getting his favorite draft choices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad