2019 Draft Thread

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I'm actually more concerned about that pick in 2022 CBJ gave up for Kinkaid. Have trouble sleeping now for the next 3 years, thanks Jarmo.

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
It hasn't been mentioned, but I've seen stats that seem to suggest that Kinkaid was basically bombarded by playing with a poor defense this year.

If he turns it around this year, could be a solid guy to pair with a young guy until one of our prospects are ready to take the reigns full time.

Reactions: Sore Loser

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I found our potential 7th round pick: Nathan Dunkley ranked 191. His last name starts with Du, so there is that. He plays with Foudy so we must have scouts that have seen him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
2G2sDrw.jpg

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I really hope we trade up to 25-30 because there is a kid named Bobby Brink that I see as a break out stud. The kid is a winner and is a freak goal scorer with insane IQ. He gets in so close and it seems defenders never see him get in as far as he does and by the time they do its too late.

People that that it might have been a linemate driving his totals because he is also regarded highly but when brink went down his linemates production took a crazy hit. To put it as simple as possible I haven't felt this strong about a prospect since McAvoy and before that Gavrikov.

Last point on the kid his name is seriously Bobby Orr Brink... named after a legandary player do lets let him fulfill his destiny here. Seriously look this kid up and you will not be disappointed.

I think there are a few players we can use to move up like Milano, Sherwood, Carlson, Marchenko, or even of we want a couple picks Im sure a team will take a flier on Wennberg at his cost and the teams in that range will want a contract like Wennbergs that a change of scenery could give them back his worth plus 50% intrest on return.

Anyone else have any specific prospects they are into?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We'll win the lottery for the 3rd pick since there seem to be two on a top tier

Winning the 3rd pick in the lottery would be the absolute worst case scenario. Since we’d lose our first next year by default and miss on the two studs.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Winning the 3rd pick in the lottery would be the absolute worst case scenario. Since we’d lose our first next year by default and miss on the two studs.

What are you on about? Podkolzin or Cozens or whoever we'd get at #3OA is almost certainly going to be better than the following year's first rounder. Even if you are foolish enough to think we'll finish dead last in 2020 (should I be surprised?) the draft lottery is set up so our most likely pick would be #4OA in 2020. Most likely we won't be near the draft range to get talent like Podkolzin or Cozens.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
What are you on about? Podkolzin or Cozens or whoever we'd get at #3OA is almost certainly going to be better than the following year's first rounder. Even if you are foolish enough to think we'll finish dead last in 2020 (should I be surprised?) the draft lottery is set up so our most likely pick would be #4OA in 2020. Most likely we won't be near the draft range to get talent like Podkolzin or Cozens.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Lottery about to be drawn. Hopefully western conference teams win every spot because I’m tired of our division winning in this damn thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad