2019 Draft Thread: We Already Got a Kaapo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Two teams one point back, and they play each other tomorrow, so one of them wins. Realistic to be sitting with 7OV by the end of the week.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
After the trade deadline, Fenton seems to be going younger but with playoffs in mind. We are probably going to pick around 15-18. Who do you have?

Also facing Kaapo or Hughes is not going to be fun. It'll be like Kanes/Toews all over again.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I just hope the Wild do what they can to hit on a top center in this draft. When Kaprizov comes over it would be nice to have a skilled playmaking center feeding him the puck.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
After the trade deadline, Fenton seems to be going younger but with playoffs in mind. We are probably going to pick around 15-18. Who do you have?

Also facing Kaapo or Hughes is not going to be fun. It'll be like Kanes/Toews all over again.

Bobby Brink.

Better USHL numbers than Kyle Connor. Comparable to Keller's USHL numbers while playing for the USNTDP. Right-handed.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Do we trade someone to move into the top 10? Our pick plus, I don't know, ..well I really don't know. Zucker?

But IMO Zucker is worth keeping.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Move up to take a Zegras, Cozens, etc?

We really need that high end skill man.
Possibly? Depends on how the picks actually shake out, but I could see the Oilers needing a scoring winger for next year more than they need the difference between those draft positions.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Move up to take a Zegras, Cozens, etc?

We really need that high end skill man.
There's a bunch of them in the top 10-12. Newhook, even. I'd have to looksee who is picking before us...it could be that some of those teams don't even need C's, and are fine with picking a Dman or a scoring W.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Wabit

May 23, 2016
NO, we already have the Johanssons.

And? They've proven nothing and neither has Belpedio. This draft pick is in the 3-5 years away from the NHL range. Dumba and Spurgeon could both be gone in 5 years. These mid-round picks aren't likely to come in and play from day 1 after their draft year.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
And? They've proven nothing and neither has Belpedio. This draft pick is in the 3-5 years away from the NHL range. Dumba and Spurgeon could both be gone in 5 years. These mid-round picks aren't likely to come in and play from day 1 after their draft year.
I should have put a :sarcasm: in my post.

Still, you don't get a Dman in the first round, especially for this team. We've got a fine top 4. Get a Brinkman in the 3rd round. We are still desperately shy on forwards who move the needle. Guys like Greenway, Kunin, and Ek look like they are going to be valuable foot soldiers. We need a star, or at least a potential star. A star C, even better.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Was in high school. I have no idea if the USHL position switch is permanent or not.

People say this draft is good with high-end centers, so I'd expect most or all to be gone by #15.

Skillset would be my #1 consideration; position secondary.
I'm greedy. Want a highly skilled C, not just a highly skilled forward.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'm greedy. Want a highly skilled C, not just a highly skilled forward.

In the mock draft I looked at, all of Hughes (obviously), Cozens, Dach, Newhook, Zegras, Turcotte and Suzuki were gone by pick #12. The next center was drafted in the 20's. Obviously if you think that the next Dylan Larkin is sitting there at #15, you take him and don't look back. If you think he's the next Faksa or Girgensons, or would be a major reach at that spot, no thanks.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
In the mock draft I looked at, all of Hughes (obviously), Cozens, Dach, Newhook, Zegras, Turcotte and Suzuki were gone by pick #12. The next center was drafted in the 20's. Obviously if you think that the next Dylan Larkin is sitting there at #15, you take him and don't look back. If you think he's the next Faksa or Girgensons, or would be a major reach at that spot, no thanks.

Which is why it will be critical that Fenton somehow maneuver the Wild into that part of the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad