2019 Draft Thread: We Already Got a Kaapo

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
right shot center projected to go around where we currently sit in the draft. could be a solid pick.
He’s a prospect I need to see more of, but I have read scouting reports that say he isn’t the best skater and probably isn’t a center in then NHL. That would scare me away, personally. I like him as a second round guy, but I’d probably rather have nikolayev

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
He’s a prospect I need to see more of, but I have read scouting reports that say he isn’t the best skater and probably isn’t a center in then NHL. That would scare me away, personally. I like him as a second round guy, but I’d probably rather have nikolayev
interesting. you dont see much skating in his highlights but it doesnt look suspect just isnt gonna blow anyone away with speed

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Ryan Suzuki or Cole Caufield legit? Still hoping for a tank, but I’m intrigued by these guys as options. That win streak might have ruined our chances at a better center.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ryan Suzuki or Cole Caufield legit? Still hoping for a tank, but I’m intrigued by these guys as options. That win streak might have ruined our chances at a better center.
I'm not a big Suzuki fan.

I think that we can get a C, but if not, then pick the BPA. There are also some good W's.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
over in the prospects thread they have a thread about who were the top 10 D picked in 2018 and FJ is not on the list. i should print that thread and mail it to CL! along with my thoughts on the most recent trades.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
over in the prospects thread they have a thread about who were the top 10 D picked in 2018 and FJ is not on the list. i should print that thread and mail it to CL! along with my thoughts on the most recent trades.

Of note: the prospects thread at HFBoards has a 100% precognition rate. Truly astounding record of success.

Reactions: Rabid Husky

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Caufield had 6 goals yesterday, has 51 total for the season, and is rapidly approaching the US NTDP record for goals in a season (55) set by Auston Matthews in 2014-15.

Twoods1623

Jun 27, 2016
North Shore
So uh.... if we end up with the 14th or 15th pick I would dabble with the thought of drafting him. I know his size scares people off, but the dude is smart and has a sick wrister.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would you rather pick him over a Newhook, Kaliyev or Suzuki? At least one of them is likely to be available. If it wasn't for DeBrincat, I think Caufield would be a 2nd rounder. Now I think someone is going to nab him early, hoping that he, too, will be a 40 goal scorer.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Would you rather pick him over a Newhook, Kaliyev or Suzuki? At least one of them is likely to be available. If it wasn't for DeBrincat, I think Caufield would be a 2nd rounder. Now I think someone is going to nab him early, hoping that he, too, will be a 40 goal scorer.
I would rather trade Zucker for another 1st round pick in the 15-20 pick range. Then hopefully pick one of the centers and Caufield as the later of the two picks.

I don't care about size that much. Give me someone with outstanding skill and ability.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would rather trade Zucker for another 1st round pick in the 15-20 pick range. Then hopefully pick one of the centers and Caufield as the later of the two picks.

I don't care about size that much. Give me someone with outstanding skill and ability.
No one cares about size till he comes into a league and people just knock him over and take the puck away from him. Then everyone cares about it. Is he the next DeBrincat, or the next Schroeder?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
No one cares about size till he comes into a league and people just knock him over and take the puck away from him. Then everyone cares about it. Is he the next DeBrincat, or the next Schroeder?
You decide for yourself. I know which way I am leaning :)

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I would be more interested in drafting Caufield if we had a Kane level player to pass to him. I don think we can afford to risk it, even if the upside is a 40 goal scorer, with our recent picks of Fjo, nobody, Kunin, and Ek.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
You do also realize he was the 9th defenseman picked right?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I would be more interested in drafting Caufield if we had a Kane level player to pass to him. I don think we can afford to risk it, even if the upside is a 40 goal scorer, with our recent picks of Fjo, nobody, Kunin, and Ek.
You're right, this team needs more safe picks to add to the collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia