2019 Draft Thread: We Already Got a Kaapo

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I already ordered a newhook jersey so we have to draft him

I’m pretty sure they announced today that for all jerseys purchased in the last 30 days (with receipt as proof) they’ll swap all Newhooks for Turcottes, given that you’re okay with the wrong number (cause they won’t do those)

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
worst case scenario goes something like this:

hughes
kakko
turcotte/dach/cozens/byram
podkolzin/krebs/zegras/caufield
boldy

means we still get one of: newhook, soderstrom, kaliyev

I'm liking this.

Reactions: DANOZ28

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
worst case scenario goes something like this:

hughes
kakko
turcotte/dach/cozens/byram
podkolzin/krebs/zegras/caufield
boldy

means we still get one of: newhook, soderstrom, kaliev

I'm liking this.

Yeah even the worst case scenario looks pretty good for us. What used to be a separate 3-10 tier has really turned into almost a 3-14 tier, where any of those guys could be gone by the time we pick.

If there's a run on defensemen, and guys like Caufield, Kaliyev and Boldy go before 12, we could still have our choice of a few centers. If not, we still get to pick a guy who should make an impact.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
LOL your almost as crazy as me! i like your style! i still have my kaprizov jersey just waiting for the correct #. back to draft talk i think we can also get a decent 2nd pick.
There will be a good player available at 43

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018

Interesting that I’m a team with the likes of Krebs and Cozens, it was clear to many that Newhook had the best tournament. He’s really impressed me this far and is looking good in the game today.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I loved Schneider for Canada, as well as that Swedish forward. Both 2020's, though.
York did nothing for me.

Still like Krebs, a lot. I dunno if Turcotte is injured, but I much preferred Krebs, Newhook, and Zegras to him.

Nikolaev looked good...not great, but ok. Same with Boldy. Had a bad game against Russsia, but was otherwise good.

In general, though, a lot of the impressions gained watching players perform against teams like Belarus and Latvia were more or less useless. I want to see these guys play when they are under pressure, against really tough opponents.

Did anyone else shrug their shoulders when they saw Podkolzin? I mean,where is the skill?

Last edited:
Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I loved Schneider for Canada, as well as that Swedish forward. Both 2020's, though.
York did nothing for me.

Still like Krebs, a lot. I dunno if Turcotte is injured, but I much preferred Krebs, Newhook, and Zegras to him.

Nikolaev looked good...not great, but ok. Same with Boldy. Had a bad game against Russsia, but was otherwise good.

In general, though, a lot of the impressions gained watching players perform against teams like Belarus and Latvia were more or less useless. I want to see these guys play when they are under pressure, against really tough opponents.

Did anyone else shrug their shoulders when they saw Podkolzin? I mean,where is the skill?
I don’t think podkolzin is good. I was always skeptical, and recentcy bias might be clouding my vision, but he looked awful. He does compete hard, though.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don’t think podkolzin is good. I was always skeptical, and recentcy bias might be clouding my vision, but he looked awful. He does compete hard, though.

He’s never stood out to me. Like sure he should be a first rounder, but certainly not the consensus 3oa and probably not even top 10.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
For a team that is looking for a high scoring forward, preferably a C, and a RHS, Podkolzin hasn't impressed the hell out of me. I thought Greenway did the same thing, but better, a couple of years ago, as far as being a physical force who could dominate play and chip in offence.

The scouts see these guys a lot more than me, so they must be seeing something that wasn't on display at this tournament.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Pronman's IIHF Under-18 highlights: Who will be the No. 3...

An interesting read from Pronman. He talked to a lot of scouts and said that he’s heard the following names when talking about the 3OA pick from various NHL executives: PODKOLZIN, Krebs, Broberg, Dach, Byram, Boldy, Zegras, Turcotte, caufield and Newhook.

Thinks there’s a good chance our golden boy, Newhook, goes top 10. Also it seems as if Caufield has become a top 10 lock.

Really good top 12 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad