2019 Draft Thread: We Already Got a Kaapo

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Do you ever get tired of being a jackass? Because you sure aren't funny.
I think that the Dr. is funny. Not as funny as thinking you could judge a person's character through your television. certainly not as funny as believing in such a thing as "on ice character" but funny nonetheless

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Anaheim Ducks: 2019 Top 10 Early NHL Mock Draft

if this actually happens this year.. damn we are sitting pretty

Basically gives us the choice of Turcotte and Krebs, but is reliant on Detroit really reaching for a defenseman.

I wonder about the Red Wings being a trade partner. They are pretty forward heavy organizationally, as far as their U25 group goes, and #12 would be defensible spot to take Soderstrom/Harley/Broberg.

I don't know what the pick math is to jump from 12 to 6 though.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Basically gives us the choice of Turcotte and Krebs, but is reliant on Detroit really reaching for a defenseman.

I wonder about the Red Wings being a trade partner. They are pretty forward heavy organizationally, as far as their U25 group goes, and #12 would be defensible spot to take Soderstrom/Harley/Broberg.

I don't know what the pick math is to jump from 12 to 6 though.
id assume that might be a zucker type trade? but if they are forward heavy maybe a brodin + 12oa?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
id assume that might be a zucker type trade? but if they are forward heavy maybe a brodin + 12oa?

I was hoping it would be just picks: 1st + 2nd + 5th (or something like ), but Detroit already has three 2nd round picks in this draft, so I don't know how much value they'd place on another one.

I bet Brodin + 12 gets them on the phone. What about Brodin + 12 for 6 and their middle 2nd? This would be assuming that the guy we really want (Turcotte, for example) is still on the board.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

That seems a little steep. And I know I’ve advocated trading Zucker to move up to 7/8 for the right guy, but that’s under the premise that the alternative is trading him for another 22 year old middle six player that we don’t need any more of.

I’d wonder if we could get some kind of decent addition to 6oa if we’re giving Brodin+12, like a 2nd.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I was hoping it would be just picks: 1st + 2nd + 5th (or something like ), but Detroit already has three 2nd round picks in this draft, so I don't know how much value they'd place on another one.

I bet Brodin + 12 gets them on the phone. What about Brodin + 12 for 6 and their middle 2nd? This would be assuming that the guy we really want (Turcotte, for example) is still on the board.
That seems a little steep. And I know I’ve advocated trading Zucker to move up to 7/8 for the right guy, but that’s under the premise that the alternative is trading him for another 22 year old middle six player that we don’t need any more of.

I’d wonder if we could get some kind of decent addition to 6oa if we’re giving Brodin+12, like a 2nd.
you two sharing a brain on this one? im just guessing based off what jan said about them being forward heavy. i would have to think brodin + 12 for 6+ middle 2nd sounds appetizing to them.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Is he falling because 'everyone' else is tearing it up?
I don't know if he's really falling at all. Caufield is rising for sure, but these are just 1 person's rankings. Which include 2 defenders going in the top 10 that no one else has going in the first half of the draft. It's a bit click baity.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I don't know if he's really falling at all. Caufield is rising for sure, but these are just 1 person's rankings. Which include 2 defenders going in the top 10 that no one else has going in the first half of the draft. It's a bit click baity.
iv actually seen soderstrom and hartley going to us at 12 more than once each.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Button's mock was reliant on two defensemen not named Byram going ahead of us in the top 10. Almost nobody has any (I see the occasional Soderstrom, but not too often). I'd still consider it an unlikely scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad