Prospect Info: 2019 Draft Thread: Part 4 - The Draft Is Coming

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
You're right but normally when I give a player upside I give a 50 point C a 2/3 ranking
fBqNWJ4.png
and this was his upside I had him at not counting the recent upswing in NHL offence anyways moving on But when Kaliyev is scoring 40 without a McDavid centering him I will all happily remind you all:naughty:
Either way, he exceeded your thoughts on him.

I also had marner over strome as I didn’t think stromes shot mechanic and release were quick enough for the NHL

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Where a player gets drafted it isnt necessarily a definitive statement on the quality of the player.
The players are human and so are the GM's drafting them.
Mistake are made all the time and it was clearly a mistake to pick Yak at #1 and Jesse at #4.

Both players have a sense of entitlement...both players have a severely over inflated sense of their own abilities. That should have been picked up during the interview process. It wasnt.

In the case of Puljujarvi...Columbus got it right...Edmonton got it wrong.

That has nothing to do with what my post said. To rephrase - the Edmonton Oilers suck at developing prospects.

Another way to put it: Do you believe that Hockey Organizations influence the growth and development of prospects? Yes or no question.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Things never said about Brett Hull for 1000 Alex
Different generation dude.

Who is Brett Hull in today's game?

We are talking undrafted players in the first round, not an outlier like Hull. Scouts value skating as still number one.

Next..

Rufus Aslegard

Jun 15, 2019

We are talking undrafted players in the first round, not an outlier like Hull. Scouts value skating as still number one.

Next..

If you are a good skater, you will always have a chance. Teams will take a chance on you.

Conversely, you can be skilled as anything, but if you can't skate, good luck.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yaea like I meant 50 literally not 55 or even 57 just 50 lol keep trying please show me your pre draft anaylisis of players from seasons past
I don't need to show anything.

When you coming here and post stuff about why the scouts love Dach which is completely wrong.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015

Next..
Lol Kaliyev can skate just fine , and Pavelski comes to mind lol or Perry from a few years back yup we must draft that next Paajarvi at 8 because damn can that boy skate lol

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I don't need to show anything.

When you coming here and post stuff about why the scouts love Dach which is completely wrong.
Of course you wont post nothing because you got nothing but an opinion and a bunch of semantics like 57 is not 50 points lol

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Of course you wont post nothing because you got nothing but an opinion and a bunch of semantics like 57 is not 50 points lol
57 isn't 50, that isnt semantics.

and he had 51 of those points in 58 games with his new team, which prorates to 72 points in 82 games.

Reactions: steepdrop

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Lol Kaliyev can skate just fine , and Pavelski comes to mind lol or Perry from a few years back yup we must draft that next Paajarvi at 8 because damn can that boy skate lol
Dach's weakness is his skating, why are you on here and keep saying it's a strength of his? Which you can tell by looking at 5 minutes of video that it isn't a strength.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
That has nothing to do with what my post said. To rephrase - the Edmonton Oilers suck at developing prospects.

Another way to put it: Do you believe that Hockey Organizations influence the growth and development of prospects? Yes or no question.

Let me ask you as question...how can the Oilers properly develop Jesse if Jesse wont agree to an extended amount of time in the AHL?

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Thats correct.
Draft position is wrong sometimes in terms of thre quality of the player and in the case of jesse and Yak it was very very wrong.

To a point but I’d argue their inability to speak English should have dropped them down the list.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Next..

With the way the game has opened up skating is #1, hockey IQ#2, and passing ability #3. A player with all 3 of those things will be a great possession player which is why I was so high on Q. Hughes

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
To a point but I’d argue their inability to speak English should have dropped them down the list.

Thats a different suggestion than what you were suggesting before and I actually agree with you here.

The fact that Jesse was so poor at speaking english is on Jesse more than anyone else. He knew years in advance that he was coming to NA to play hockey.
That IMO was a tell...probably one of many the Oilers ignored. Columbus didnt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad