Prospect Info: 2019 Draft Thread: Part 4 - The Draft Is Coming

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Finnish reputation for personal space.
fpv0whf.jpg

Yah, I'ver heard. That makes more sense then!

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Huh? :laugh: What does that have to do with my question?

I knew I should have quit while I was ahead after Bobby Orr was brought up.

Most defenceman who have to skate backwards are doing it defending the rush. Although I want to stress that Broberg's skating in the other areas is hardly bad.

Now I'm going to speculate here but if you go to a trapping system that clogs the neutral zone you can prevent the rush to an extent. A trap system also works really well for a good skating dman, as he can take chances and know a forward will be able to cover for him. So we'll see what type of system Tippett wants to play, but Im guessing its going to be fairly defensive with little offensive zone pressure if they do end up taking Broberg. It would also most likely mean we plan to re-sign Nurse.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Bobby Orr was also better than broberg in every way.

No argument from me. Bobby Orr was like Mcdavid on defence, but he could fight and was tough as nails. Its striking how similar the two players actually are if you ever saw Orr play.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Lots of high possession players defend the rush, what the hell is this narrative now.

Show me them. Most high possession teams clog up the neutral zone forcing the team to either turn it over or dump it in. The good skating dmen then beat them back to the puck and move it out quickly.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Show me them. Most high possession teams clog up the neutral zone forcing the team to either turn it over or dump it in. The good skating dmen then beat them back to the puck and move it out quickly.
And most highly skilled players can beat the neutral zone clog so they hes 2 on 2 or 3 on 2 defending going backwards.

Happens every game.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
And most highly skilled players can beat the neutral zone clog so they hes 2 on 2 or 3 on 2 defending going backwards.

Happens every game.

Theres a handful of guys in the entire league that can do it single handedly. Mcdavid being one of them. Even then the good skating dmen are able to keep him to the outside to an extent.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Theres a handful of guys in the entire league that can do it single handedly. Mcdavid being one of them. Even then the good skating dmen are able to keep him to the outside to an extent.
Yes, D-men who have much better agility and pivoting ability than Broberg.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
God .. I hope the Oilers don't mess up this round is pick. No to the tiny American, no to the questionable IQ Yukoner, no to enigmatic Russian,

Debbie Mathers

Jul 5, 2018
So the draft is today at 5pm. That's 2am where I live. Around what time do you guys reckon the first pick will actually be made? Cause I don't fancy getting up at 2am only to watch Bettman and possibly a few other ... err ... wonderful people talk BS for an hour and a half. Thanks.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
So the draft is today at 5pm. That's 2am where I live. Around what time do you guys reckon the first pick will actually be made? Cause I don't fancy getting up at 2am only to watch Bettman and possibly a few other ... err ... wonderful people talk BS for an hour and a half. Thanks.
5 PM in Edmonton? I believe it's at 6, so 3 AM where you live.

The first pick will probably be made 15-20 minutes after the start of the draft.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I

Each pick takes ten munutes..so math says 320 to 330

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Let me ask you as question...how can the Oilers properly develop Jesse if Jesse wont agree to an extended amount of time in the AHL?

Send him down there while he's waiver eligible and leave him there. Worked fine for Tampa with Drouin. Too late to do that now so if he's threatening the KHL now, guess we let him give that a shot to prove he can actually dominate a lower level league.

Edit - You still didn't answer the question also. I've asked you the same question repeatedly and never gotten an answer.

Last edited:

Debbie Mathers

Jul 5, 2018
5 PM in Edmonton? I believe it's at 6, so 3 AM where you live.

The first pick will probably be made 15-20 minutes after the start of the draft.
Thanks for replying. I meant 5pm local time in Vancouver.
So my alarm clock will go off at 2am. I won't hear it and will only wake up when my wife hits me over the head with it. Ah well, sacrifices gotta be made. :DD

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Thanks for replying. I meant 5pm local time in Vancouver.
So my alarm clock will go off at 2am. I won't hear it and will only wake up when my wife hits me over the head with it. Ah well, sacrifices gotta be made. :DD

I get the struggle.

Over here in Qatar the draft is at 3 AM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad