2019 Draft Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I like Kirby Dach better than Cozens...

I would trade Hughes down 1or 2 spots and take Kakko or Podkolzin as the next BPA guys (not wingers) ...but if the #4 team offers a 2021 first in addition to the #4 in 2019 to move up to #1 for Hughes ,I would then take that deal and take Dach ..same offer if #5 wanted to move up ..Dach or Newhook..whichever remains on the board.

Alternatively...trade Hughes for Brayden Point (cause TB will not be able to asign him for what he is worth).

Kaliyev can snipe ..but lazy defensively in my opinion..
One dimensional...forget it.
Hughes is a surf who has great skill but also benefits a ton from being on a stacked team to finish off the plays he generates..

Last time I looked he had 1 goal in 8GP against USHL competition but he has the benefit of others on the stacked USNDTP to let him pileup copies assists
..He may not be so effective on a team of lousy finishers like the Hawks have..

I feel he is more playmaker than goal scorer ..we need guys who can beat goalies ...a lot...I would trade him down or trade for a proven young NHL star whosee team is in cap hell and cannot extend him..like Brayden Point.

I know Point can score goals in the NHL ...

Maybe TB even would consider any pick top 5 to trade him to us if we do not get the #1?

ALL options should be explored if we just get any pick top 5...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Lol at fiddy saying Hughes has great skill but his team is stacked and they finish off all the chances he creates...isn’t this essentially Kane playing with Panarin...

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City

I would trade Hughes down 1or 2 spots and take Kakko or Podkolzin as the next BPA guys (not wingers) ...but if the #4 team offers a 2021 first in addition to the #4 in 2019 to move up to #1 for Hughes ,I would then take that deal and take Dach ..same offer if #5 wanted to move up ..Dach or Newhook..whichever remains on the board.

Alternatively...trade Hughes for Brayden Point (cause TB will not be able to asign him for what he is worth).

Hughes is a surf who has great skill but also benefits a ton from being on a stacked team to finish off the plays he generates..

Last time I looked he had 1 goal in 8GP against USHL competition but he has the benefit of others on the stacked USNDTP to let him pileup copies assists

I feel he is more playmaker than goal scorer ..we need guys who can beat goalies ...a lot...I would trade him down or trade for a proven young NHL star whosee team is in cap hell and cannot extend him..like Brayden Point.

Maybe TB even would consider any pick top 5 to trade him to us if we do not get the #1?

Okay.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
By hf50’s definition, so is Point.
tumblr_pj16ajHFjP1xkok61o1_250.gif

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills

Totally not related to your post .. sorry .. but I live just north of Ottawa and I was in the Metro ( grocery ) on Beechwood just after the Colliton hiring and I saw this guy at the deli counter wearing a leather Blackhawk jacket and I totally got the HF50 vibe! Was that you 50?! I walked by saying a " Colliton .. Colliton .. Colliton chant!

Reactions: AmericanDream

migi

Feb 25, 2015
How's Dach skating? Average or better?

I'd really like us to take center. Kakko has played some center but I think he will be career winger.

Dont get me wrong, BPA always. I just think we need the new numero uno center now.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
So is it Hughes or bust now?

I would say so, the season is done, I want this team to be dead last in the league like 10 points below the competition so Stan will just resign in his own as his usual low self confidence self would take more of a hit and he will be too embarrassed to take any interviews. But then again I doubt he has any shame lol. That way he gets fired and a new era begins with a 1st overall pick.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Kakko or Hughes if you ask me.

I’d be thrilled with either one. Kakko seems to have an NHL frame already. I think he might add a dimension to this team that Hossa brought. So does he make this a better team (emphasis team) than Hughes or is Hughes just so much more talented that there is no debate to be had...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
How's Dach skating? Average or better?

I'd really like us to take center. Kakko has played some center but I think he will be career winger.

Dont get me wrong, BPA always. I just think we need the new numero uno center now.

New number one center you say...How does one gentleman Jack “papa smurf” Hughes sound to you

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
If the Hawks finish bottom 4, I have to assume they’re taking one of those monster forwards that Fiddy wants so badly.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
is this a good draft to be tanking in?

is there a definitive top 3-5-7?
most scouts seem to feel it is a strong top end draft but lacking in overall depth - I hear that most years though only to see by March/April many kids who have stepped up to make the draft look better overall. it is a good draft to be picking top 5, especially for forwards..

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Finally have the time to do some more scouting. I've been making some big changes to my rankings. Probably will put out a pre-WJC top 62.

I've soured on Kaliyev a bit. Still cannot comprehend the Byram hype. He's just not a top 10 talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad