2019 Draft Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Mikko Koivu went from Finland to the AHL for a season and then the NHL and eventually became a captain.
What's this example supposed to prove? It's not like I have an issue with Finns. Jokiharju for example handles the media very well even if he's got an arrogant edge.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Based on what? Provide some evidence is all I am asking.
It's speculation. How do you expect him to communicate with his teammates effectively?

As I said, it's a similar situation to Panarin who I love. Panarin was close to Kane and AA, but he doesn't influence the room in any way. He often stayed quiet off the ice.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
It's speculation. How do you expect him to communicate with his teammates effectively?

As I said, it's a similar situation to Panarin who I love. Panarin was close to Kane and AA, but he doesn't influence the room in any way. He often stayed quiet off the ice.

You don’t think he can improve his communication over a few years?

Toews and Kane aren’t going anywhere anytime soon, and you don’t want too many leaders in one locker room. By the time they’re phasing our Toews, and eventually Kane who will probably have a longer career.... I think there is a decent chance he’s got a pretty good grasp of the language by then.

Why does he have to be a leader anyway? Why can’t he just be an awesome winger? Not every great player on your team has to be a vocal leader. To hold that and his lack of English skills as an 18 year old against him is just stupid.

Reactions: BK

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Why does he have to be a leader anyway? Why can’t he just be an awesome winger?
I've already stated that he doesn't have to be. I have him ranked #2 because yeah I see him as an awesome winger.

But I'm allowed to have preferences.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I've already stated that he doesn't have to be. I have him ranked #2 because yeah I see him as an awesome winger.

But I'm allowed to have preferences.

Just seems like such a silly thing to say “worst case scenario” over.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
We have 2 priority needs ...1RW 200ft player to replace Hossa which we never have done yet since he went off into the sunset ...1top talent 200ft C who can start for 3-4 years as 3C then move up to 1C when aToews has to move down line to 3C after no longer being able to be a top 2 C when he hits the back half of the 30s..

We cannot fill both needs in round one with high picks ...so it is either or.

1RW Hossa replacement = Kakko ...soif we get #1 we either do that ,OR we trade #1 down to #2 or #3 for extras ...We could then take Kako at #2 or if we traded down to #3 grabTurcotte .. Either move we fill a great structural need on this team going forward.

If we just land at #2"take Kako and be pleased.

If we get #3"via lotto granTurcottecand be pleased.

If we draft 8-12 Turcotre could be off the board ..so we might try to move up to get him ahead of that ...atax price of course..

If we draft at 6-7 should Van and Edmonton 9vertake is then maybe the price of moving up 1 orc2 if Turcotre is still there is not as steep as 8f we had to pile in assets from 8-12 to move up...if they draft ahead of us...not sure Edmonton takes a C ...maybe Vancouver would though. .

But we should be focused on scenarios where we get 1 of Kakko or Turcotre by whatever means..

We should not take Hughes who is the wrong fit for us. .he needs to be a 1C or 2C and get featured pp time..not getting any of that with us..Hughes is the wrong guy ...FOR the HAWKS ...Kakko and Turcotre are the better fits.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
We should not take Hughes who is the wrong fit for us. .he needs to be a 1C or 2C
That's simply not true. It's not like we need to even play Hughes at center. He can transition later, but you can start him as a winger.

Hughes-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Saad
UFA/Sikura-Barratt-UFA/Perlini
Kubalik-Kampf-Kahun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad