2019 Draft Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I'd rather have 1st OA in 2020. I like Lafreniere more than Hughes. I'll take Kakko or Dach/Cozens this year if they can land 1OA next year.
That would mean missing the playoffs for a third straight year!
It may take that in order to get those two more elite prospects though.
Right now we are sitting in 31st place in the league.
Fewest wins ... second only to Ottawa in goals allowed and the highest goal differential.
Yikes!

Reactions: blackhawks1229

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
That would mean missing the playoffs for a third straight year!
It may take that in order to get those two more elite prospects though.
Right now we are sitting in 31st place in the league.
Fewest wins ... second only to Ottawa in goals allowed and the highest goal differential.
Yikes!
There's not much they can do to be a playoff team next year. They have to wait for the young D to develop. I'd gladly finish bottom 3 next year. I don't think Lafreniere is Crosby/McDavid level but he could be MacKinnon level.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
There's not much they can do to be a playoff team next year. They have to wait for the young D to develop. I'd gladly finish bottom 3 next year. I don't think Lafreniere is Crosby/McDavid level but he could be MacKinnon level.

Yeah, I mean, when you really think about it, the Hawks have been extremely lucky with injuries this year. The team really is one of the worst in the NHL and signing some forwards in the offseason isn’t going to change that.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Now that we are 1OA I’m getting really excited about getting Hughes Kakko Dach or Turcotte. Losing can’t be fun too!

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Yea the Hawks won't be nearly as bad next season unless they decide to promote the young d-man they have and decide to let them take their lumps as well as not do a thing in FA and as the poster above eluded to, trade Crow.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
We need to find a way to get another 2nd and replace our 3rd rounder here..AA should be able to get us at least a 3rd at the deadline - what else can we move to get another pick...Crow??

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
We need to find a way to get another 2nd and replace our 3rd rounder here..AA should be able to get us at least a 3rd at the deadline - what else can we move to get another pick...Crow??
If the Flyers got a 2nd round pick for a 40-year old Kimmo Timonen, then Bowman should be able to at least get one too.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
lets goo...kind of exciting to have a chance at adding another franchise altering player in Jack Hughes.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
If anyone knows, what’s the story on these 3 goalies slated to go in the 2nd round?

Mack Guzda
Hunter Jones
Spencer Knight

Thanks.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Where does Hughes fit with the Hawks? Could Hughes / Toews / Saad make a good line?

I'm convinced the Hawks will get the first pick next year. The Hawks will have the worst record and the NHL wants the Hawks to rebuild quickly.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Where does Hughes fit with the Hawks? Could Hughes / Toews / Saad make a good line?

I'm convinced the Hawks will get the first pick next year. The Hawks will have the worst record and the NHL wants the Hawks to rebuild quickly.
Hughes will start in the NHL at center...he then might make a switch over like Keller did, but he is coming into the NHL as a center so him and Toews are a no no...

Saad - Toews - Sikura
Panarin - Hughes - Kane
DeBrincat - Strome - Kampf
Hayden - Barratt - Perlini/whoever

done and done!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hughes will start in the NHL at center...he then might make a switch over like Keller did, but he is coming into the NHL as a center so him and Toews are a no no...

Saad - Toews - Sikura
Panarin - Hughes - Kane

done and done!

I don't think it would be a no no. If he needed play wing you can easily tell him to use the whole ice a take more chances because his skating is world class plus Toews is so responsible.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
@AmericanDream obviously Hughes and Kakko will be able to make an immediate impact next season, but what about the other guys who are likely in the top 5? Does a guy like Dach or Cozens make the NHL next season, and if so, what type of player will they be?

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

Saad - Toews - Sikura
Panarin - Hughes - Kane

done and done!
The Panarin Hughes Kane line sounds exciting. Would they play any defense ... especially with a rookie centering the line? Add Joker and Gus on the backline and they'll score 3 goals ... but also give up 3 per game.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Saad - Toews - Sikura
Panarin - Hughes - Kane

done and done!

Dat second line

upload_2018-12-10_14-43-59.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad