GDT: 2019 Draft Lottery - Ducks will pick 9th overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
It’s fine you’re the good shepherd right? Be a good shepherd and understand Ducks went to 9 and have a 3 year project of a prospect when Anaheim could have been locked solid in a top 5 role like the kings did.

It’s cool. Ducks are always wanting more Nick Ritchies
Hughes isn’t something to scoff at. Hughes is a very very good version of Crosby up and coming.
Honestly just shut up. No one ever has compared Hughes to Crosby. If he compares to anyone, he’s Patrick Kane without the shot.

Reactions: eternalbedhead

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
No he isn't.

He'll be a good top line player no doubt but this is not the case of a generational talent being up for grabs. We could've won the whole damn lottery and I'd say the same thing.

He’s a generational talent. This entire draft is 1-5. This isn’t Fricken 2012 with Nail Yakupov draft class. I promise you. Ducks are gonna take Suzuki at number 9 and the franchise is gonna wait 3 years before he can play. Getzlaf should be retired by then. And we can finally do a damn rebuild correctly.

So fricken disappointed in this team.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
He’s a generational talent. This entire draft is 1-5. This isn’t Fricken 2012 without Nail Yakupov draft class. I promise you. Ducks are gonna take Suzuki at number 9 and the franchise is gonna wait 3 years before he can play. Getzlaf should be retired by then. And we can finally do a damn rebuild correctly.

None of what you are saying makes any sense and yet you keep doubling down on it. Hughes isn't a generational talent. He's not even a good #1 in comparison to past years -- think a Hischier-tier.

And we don't need a f***ing rebuild... Getzlaf is like the only relevant player on our team that's over 30. For crying out loud.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He’s a generational talent. This entire draft is 1-5. This isn’t Fricken 2012 with Nail Yakupov draft class. I promise you. Ducks are gonna take Suzuki at number 9 and the franchise is gonna wait 3 years before he can play. Getzlaf should be retired by then. And we can finally do a damn rebuild correctly.

Toronto needs more annoying fans, maybe join that fan base

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Back on topic, I'm actually thinking we might take someone like Raphael Lavoie. He seems like a Ducks draft pick -- an intelligent centerman with size who's dropped over the past year -- and he wouldn't be a massive reach; just a moderate one.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Calm the hell down. You don't know who Anaheim is going to pick and you sure has hell have VASTLY overestimated the top talent in this draft. There's a higher amount of high potential prospects littering the top 10 than usual but no one in this draft is clearly generational. The only prospects who had generational billing going into their draft years in recent memory were Ovi, some said Malkin, Crosby, Tavares, and McDavid. Either that or you have vastly overstated what a generational talent is.

Either way you need to relax and come to peace with the situation. Neither Hughes nor Kakko would have stepped in and immediately become the next Getzlaf as it is.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
With the STL/SJS pick I'm assuming. In no world is Nick Suzuki the 9th best option.

Or 9. If they take him at 9 it means our talented scouting staff thinks he's the 9th best player at the very least, and they've completely earned that trust. But it would also drive many people insane because they haven't figured out the draft yet. It's a win-win.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I'm pretty sure they upload the actual lottery every year.

The NHL lottery being rigged has gotta be one of the worst conspiracy theories.
In this day and age? The moon landing being fake and flat earth are far worse :laugh:

There’s no reason to not actually show the balls come out. Way more interesting and a very easy way to get rid of the tinfoil hats but year after year they refuse.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Back on topic, I'm actually thinking we might take someone like Raphael Lavoie. He seems like a Ducks draft pick -- an intelligent centerman with size who's dropped over the past year -- and he wouldn't be a massive reach; just a moderate one.

I wouldn't hate him as a pick. He was the best player on the ice tonight. His first goal was an absolute snipe from the top of the circles. I would prefer a playmaker over another big scorer, but he will be a player.

Reactions: eternalbedhead

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Personally, I just hope we avoid a player that projects to be a power forward type player. With Jones, Ritchie, Comtois I feel like we're set on those kind of players.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
phrasing man...
72567606.jpg

Reactions: dracom
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
In this day and age? The moon landing being fake and flat earth are far worse :laugh:

There’s no reason to not actually show the balls come out. Way more interesting and a very easy way to get rid of the tinfoil hats but year after year they refuse.

I'll give you flat earth, but theres at least a logic to the moon landing one, even if it is dumb. Theres no logic to the idea that the NHL rigged the draft lottery so they could give Taylor Hall's team all the first overall picks.

They do show them coming out, just not live on the broadcast. And for good reason, it would be incredibly anti-climactic and overall boring. There's absolutely no reason to kowtow to the tinfoil hats, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad