2019 Development Camp Roster

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Kinda puff piece on Bellerive, but with some crucial info on that injury:

“There were a lot of painful nights and stuff like that that I dealt with, a lot of tightness in the skin, which kind of messed around with (shooting) accuracy and whatnot,” Bellerive said. “I definitely had to tweak my shot a little bit, shoot it a different way. After a lot of therapy so far this summer, I’m pretty confident it’s back to where it was before the incident, so I’m pretty happy with that.”

I was worried about that and figured it played into his reduced totals.

Hope that's mostly in the past now.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I was worried about that and figured it played into his reduced totals.

Hope that's mostly in the past now.

Quote makes it sound like it is in the past now, but I'm going to be a tad cynical until I see that play out after being too optimistic about what the articles meant for his readiness last season.

Still, bright side - if the reduced shooting percentage was all the injury and it's fixed now, that's the best case scenario for us really.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
So far the media seem more impressed with Legare, Bellerive and Addison than they are with Hallander and Poulin. Perhaps it's because they have higher expectations for those two?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
So far the media seem more impressed with Legare, Bellerive and Addison than they are with Hallander and Poulin. Perhaps it's because they have higher expectations for those two?

Maybe. Pensburgh seemed impressed with Poulin and I think DK wants to marry him. Hallander's the only one where it's fairly quiet.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think it has more to do with Hallander's style than a lack of talent. He's obviously not overly flashy, so watching him practice may not be as enjoyable as watching Legare for example.

Could be, aye. All the reports is mainly about shots, skating... Pensburgh mentioned Hallander's passing, so there's that.

Reactions: FreeBobbyFarnham

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
GMJR has a lot of issues including rebuilding the farm system. The recent picks will do wonders to help that. In fact I suggest the Pens need to draft and develop physical forwards like Poulin, Hallander, Legare and Bjorkqvist

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
'I thought my career was over:' Inside a Penguins prospect's...

Really, really nice read about Lauzon. Essentially he was going through a really hard time because of his injuries. The pens took him to the doctor that treated Sid's neck and footed the entire bill. Said he really appreciates the team caring for him and giving him a chance again at camp. Lauzon mentioned that hes 100% healthy for the first time in a while. He kept rushing back after injury but has learned his lesson. He's going to prioritize his life after hockey and isnt going to keep putting himself in danger. He wants to earn a contract this week but if it doesnt come, hes gonna go to U of NB.
Good to hear. I'm pulling for him wherever he plays.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Finally got out today...

Legares shot is really that good. I would like to see him improve it in stride but it's hard and heavy. His skating is actually very good but like a lot of bigger thicker kids his push off is heavy. Pro trainers can take care of that. The foot speed is there and he's balanced.

Matt Murray is a nice find. Reads plays well and square to pucks. Side to side movements are sharp and quick.

Addison is noticeably small. Hand skills are great and he gets around the ice well. I see more Goligoski and less Letang.

Lauzon looks good but maybe a little slow. Its funny that his shot and hand skills are what stood out. His shot is good but what makes it great is that its always on net and he can get it off when the pass is bad... In front of him or in back.

Drozg impressed me the most so far. For his size hes fast and pretty nimble. I would like to see him in more starting and stopping situations but really liked his skating. Nice accurate shot too.

Its not even Oct and I'm already have an awareness for Airola. Great skater and nice hands... Just light right now. Seemed to have a nice motor too. Can't wait to watch him in the game.

Caufield was good too. Great skater for his size and caught pucks with his feet. Great heavy shot too. Just hasn't put it all together yet.

No concerns about Poulins skating. He moves fast and can skate... When he wants to. So far he looks like he plays the slow down heavy game. Some nice finishes too.

Almari looked only okay. Great clapper though.

Philips looks like a player. Not a star but future help at some level.

Best Austin's ever looked.

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
We need a GDT for this

Plenty of room in this thread and. It’s the end of development camp.

Hers some footage from the warm ups

95974bb85fa13f5a03aac6fb5b046f45.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad