2019 Development Camp Roster

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Sucks for Poulin that even though he's a late 1st pick that half the fans either already hate or are indifferent to, being our first 1st rounder in 5 years and playing in a citythat has skewed expectations of prospects, there's going to be a lot of attention on him.

Meh. I doubt the org's priorities based on some of the reported skating issues for our first 3 picks, but I'm behind the kid 100%. He's a Penguin now.

Hopefully most Pens fans feel that way.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Looks like the Pens are making a goalie change. Matt Murray comes out of the game and Matt Murray replaces him.

Matt Murray backed up by Matt Murray is a dream.

I only care about the other Matt Murray making it so we have Matt Murray starter and Matt Murray back up.

I wonder what their pitch was to Matt Murray to get him to attend our camp.

"We have the best track record of developing Matt Murray's of any team in the league."

Saw the update for the camp roster on the pens IG account on my phone at work, saw there was another Matt Murray and couldn't wait to get home to read this thread and see what everyone was saying about the roster. Thread didnt dissapoint

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

If the Matt Murrays ever meet

6d78ec0c8c8eaf31.png

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Sucks for Poulin that even though he's a late 1st pick that half the fans either already hate or are indifferent to, being our first 1st rounder in 5 years and playing in a citythat has skewed expectations of prospects, there's going to be a lot of attention on him.

Understand that people who post on Twitter or a forum such as this represent a fraction of the fanbase.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Kinda puff piece on Bellerive, but with some crucial info on that injury:

“There were a lot of painful nights and stuff like that that I dealt with, a lot of tightness in the skin, which kind of messed around with (shooting) accuracy and whatnot,” Bellerive said. “I definitely had to tweak my shot a little bit, shoot it a different way. After a lot of therapy so far this summer, I’m pretty confident it’s back to where it was before the incident, so I’m pretty happy with that.”

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Has there been any talk about how Lauzon looks out there? He's definitely someone I'm keeping an eye on now that I know he's not done with hockey. I'm really interested to see how he looks.

It's also good to see that D'Orio and Poulin stood out on day 1. I think there is an off chance that Poulin gets a 9 game sample in the NHL this year, he has a NHL ready size and he obviously has talent. I could see him force the Penguins hand like Staal forced their hand in 2006, especially if his end of season/playoff performance is what he is going forward. It's not unheard of for a mid 1st rounder forcing his way into a lineup the season after his draft, Nichushkin in 2013-2014 is probably the best comparable I can come up with for Poulin that did something like this.

Reactions: Dominance

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Has there been any talk about how Lauzon looks out there? He's definitely someone I'm keeping an eye on now that I know he's not done with hockey. I'm really interested to see how he looks.

It's also good to see that D'Orio and Poulin stood out on day 1. I think there is an off chance that Poulin gets a 9 game sample in the NHL this year, he has a NHL ready size and he obviously has talent. I could see him force the Penguins hand like Staal forced their hand in 2006, especially if his end of season/playoff performance is what he is going forward. It's not unheard of for a mid 1st rounder forcing his way into a lineup the season after his draft, Nichushkin in 2013-2014 is probably the best comparable I can come up with for Poulin that did something like this.

Zero so far on Lauzon.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
'I thought my career was over:' Inside a Penguins prospect's...

Really, really nice read about Lauzon. Essentially he was going through a really hard time because of his injuries. The pens took him to the doctor that treated Sid's neck and footed the entire bill. Said he really appreciates the team caring for him and giving him a chance again at camp. Lauzon mentioned that hes 100% healthy for the first time in a while. He kept rushing back after injury but has learned his lesson. He's going to prioritize his life after hockey and isnt going to keep putting himself in danger. He wants to earn a contract this week but if it doesnt come, hes gonna go to U of NB.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad