2019 Development Camp Roster

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
GMJR saw the playoffs and yes that was telling on a umber of fronts. Pens simply were not invested as a team. GMJR needed cap room and got most of that from two moves. Also, he knows that players who have offensive talents with size and grit is in short supply in the system. Thus Poulin, Legare, Hallender, and a couple of others supply the system with more of that. Pens need more balance between skill, grit and size.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I’ve watched Biro play at PSU a few times and he’s definitely not the most noticeable player. But he gets points and could be a scoring bottom 6 potentially. I’d sign him for sure. Nikita Pavlychev has improved leaps and bounds from his draft year. But, in order to make it to the NHL he needs to utilize he frame better. Good fourth line center potential.

Reactions: Burn

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
One thing that I took away from this camp is EJ.

I stood right by the Pens scouts and Billy G. Theyre all watching and discussing players... Horsing around.

Then there's EJ. Watches focuses and writes down a crazy amount of notes. Still into it after all these years.

Hope the Pens give him his due. He could have sold off Mario but he stood by Pittsburgh and did the right thing.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012

Ross is an intelligent two-way defender whose defensive game is already ahead of the development curve expected at this stage. However, his upside is directly linked to just how high his offensive abilities can take him.
The general consensus is that Ross’ skating is just average. He has a short stride that prevents him from generating a quick first step. That quickness is lacking moving east-west as well.
That said, Ross makes up for any skating deficiencies with high level hockey IQ. Defensively, he keeps his gaps close and uses a long reach and active stick to break up plays. He angles opponents off extremely well but adding more physicality to his game would make him even more effective. He needs to become quicker in his puck retrieval and skating out of his own zone, but he does make a very good pass to transition to offense.
Offensively, Ross will take some chances. He won’t always take risks, but is adept at knowing when to pinch and has some success when doing so. His vision is very good and he identifies them quickly and is able to deliver a perfect pass. He possesses a deceptively heavy shot from the point and is able to get it through traffic and on target more often then not.
I’ve said it before and it is worth repeating when discussing Ross: I’m not worried about skating as I was just a few short years ago. There are so many quality skating coaches out there and the list of players who have improved their skating is a long one.

Found this online about Ross. Not bad at all. Seems like a guy you couldve taken in the 5th round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->