2019 Dallas Stars Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
The guy is 27 , played a grand total of 100 NHL games , has 35 total NHL points and a career high of 16 . I'm not convinced that Daniel Carr is a solution for well anything.
wow you can look up stats????? that's pretty good

serp

Jan 17, 2016
wow you can look up stats????? that's pretty good

I mean corsi is nice and all but at some point if there was an actual NHL player there hidden somewhere it would've shown . Carr has been around for a while .

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I mean corsi is nice and all but at some point if there was an actual NHL player there hidden somewhere it would've shown . Carr has been around for a while .

Idk if Carr's corsi is even good btw, was just making a funny.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

Most of his time in MTL he was anchored on a line with Nic Deslauriers. He has NHL talent.

Are you being serious, I can’t telll?

I’m all for bargain guys that play above their salary, I just haven’t heard of him.

I am dead serious.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Still can't believe Val is gone after all the hype, and even all the talk Nill was doing the last few years about how he will still be apart of our future even when he was in the KHL.

Good on Nill for realizing it wasn't going to work and bought him out. I feel like most gm's would have given their guy another chance. Little surprising cause Nill is usually very patient with his guys.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Most of his time in MTL he was anchored on a line with Nic Deslauriers. He has NHL talent.

I am dead serious.

Sure i'm open to the Stars giving him a PTO or maybe even some other small contract but lets not pencil a guy into the Stars top6 who has basically done nothing in the NHL at this point and isn't all that young anymore.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Sure i'm open to the Stars giving him a PTO or maybe even some other small contract but lets not pencil a guy into the Stars top6 who has basically done nothing in the NHL at this point and isn't all that young anymore.
i just pencilled him in the top 6 and im not going to remove him

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
379E5DDE-739A-459A-A03A-B27BEEF88B4F.jpeg

You guys seriously want to sign a guy that looks like an angry baby?

Reactions: Kipper 17

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
top 6
top 9
top 12

who cares - its just semantics and such a passé method of evaluating lines (which change frequently during a 60 minute hockej game if youve ever watched one!!)

dan carr on the "second line" just means Dallas has nobody better to fill the spot

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Carr - Hintz - Pavelski
Janmark - Dickinson - Perry
Cogliano - Faksa - Comeau

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Ristolainen
Oleksiak - Polak
Johns

serp

Jan 17, 2016
its a salary thing

stop insulting the best player in the AHL

And he will likely be the best AHL player next year as well with a couple of cups of coffees in the NHL. Vegas used several AHL guys last year and Carr barely got any time. At this point Carr is in a similar spot as Curtis McKenzie . Fantastic AHL player ( Carr is probably better ) just hasn't found a role in the NHL and with their age thats unlikely to change anymore.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
And he will likely be the best AHL player next year as well with a couple of cups of coffees in the NHL. Vegas used several AHL guys last year and Carr barely got any time. At this point Carr is in a similar spot as Curtis McKenzie . Fantastic AHL player ( Carr is probably better ) just hasn't found a role in the NHL and with their age thats unlikely to change anymore.

the difference between mckenzie and carr is that carr is actually good at hockey (and cheap!!!)

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Why continue spending 3M+ on guys liek Cogliano when you can pay Dan Carr peanuts

I'm cool with it. But I wouldn't replace Comeau with Carr in that same sense. Faksa/Comeau are ideal 3 line material, Comeau just needs to stay on his f***ing feet.

If it's Carr over Cogliano everything is a wash but salary so yeah I'm for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad