2019 Dallas Stars Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Felt like it was time for this with the news about injuries and other stuff coming out today. Gonna update this and add more info as time goes on/I get more time in general :laugh:

Upcoming events:

NHL Awards - June 19th
  • Bishop nominated for the Vezina
2019 NHL Draft - June 21-22
  • Stars own picks 18, 111, 142, and 173 in the draft.
Free Agency - July 1st

Dallas Stars Organization UFAs and RFAs:

8 UFAs:
  • Zuccarello, Spezza, Polak, Lovejoy, Fedun, Methot, Condra, Scarlett
11 RFAs:
  • Lindell, Janmark, Dickinson, Honka, Ritchie, Bow, Bayreuther, Hansson (signed elsewhere), Martenet, Heatherington, Desrosiers
Top UFAs that the Stars could target this off-season:
  • Artemi Panarin
  • Erik Karlsson
  • Matt Duchene
  • Jeff Skinner
  • Anders Lee (likely gets re-signed by NY)
  • Mats Zuccarello (duh)
  • Gustav Nyquist
  • Kevin Hayes
  • Ryan Dzingel
  • Marcus Johansson
  • Jake Gardiner
  • Tyler Myers
  • Anton Stralman
  • Jordan Eberle
  • Brock Nelson
  • Wayne Simmonds
  • Michael Ferland

Last edited:
Reactions: LatvianTwist

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Maybe John's just needs glasses lol

I do hope they figure it out for his sake

If we sign Zucc then great, if not then maybe Nill uses that first for another player in a trade

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
For the Hanzal situation I hope we have an answer if he’s going to play or not before the draft, because we will want to either plan with him or around him.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
My bet for Nelson is by the way Edmonton . He coached there before as assistant and interim coach and he's been in Detroit as assistant and coach of the AHL team . So he knows the Oilers and Ken Holland.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Bowness was able to turn a defense that regularly featured guys like Polak, Fedun, Lovejoy, and a merry go round of minor leaguers into one of the best units in the league. If anyone should be called for head coaching jobs, it should be him.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Bowness was able to turn a defense that regularly featured guys like Polak, Fedun, Lovejoy, and a merry go round of minor leaguers into one of the best units in the league. If anyone should be called for head coaching jobs, it should be him.

I think that ship has sailed for him . His first headcoaching job in the league was 30 years ago. He just never had much success as a headcoach . Only made the playoffs once albeit most of the time he was the coach of a terribly build roster. The expansion Senators teams he was HC of eeesh .

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I was all over Bowness due to the Bolts’ comments and some other things, but he 100% proved me wrong.

I thought the coaching staff was fine this year. Not exceptional, but good overall and no major flaws besides some growing pains.

Nice to be able to say that for the first time in a while.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I just had the galaxy brain idea of keeping zucc, and also trading the 2019 first for a stud. Trouba, Nylander, whoever. Like going completely all in.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If Spezza can't find a team that wants to sign him I'd love to have him hired on as the PP coach

Reactions: Kipper 17

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Jim Nill makes it clear he wants to sign Zuccarello here and implies he is willing to part with that 2020 1st round pick because of how well Zucc fit in. Just says he's gonna touch base with his representatives and see if there's a deal they can get done and if Zucc wants to stay

Reactions: Johno

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’m glad everyone is on board with the bring back Zuccarelo idea. I know an unprotected 1st is a risk, but his playmaking and offence made this team a two line team.

Reactions: Johno

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I’m glad everyone is on board with the bring back Zuccarelo idea. I know an unprotected 1st is a risk, but his playmaking and offence made this team a two line team.

It helps ease the pain cause we get to keep our 1st this year so let's just not f*** this pick up cause if we sign Zucc we won't be picking until the 3rd round in 2020 ouch.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
It helps ease the pain cause we get to keep our 1st this year so let's just not **** this pick up cause if we sign Zucc we won't be picking until the 3rd round in 2020 ouch.

Yeah we really gotta hit on this 1st rounder. We don’t have anyone in our pool that is a sure fire top six/top four option and we will need the cheap talent.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
I just had the galaxy brain idea of keeping zucc, and also trading the 2019 first for a stud. Trouba, Nylander, whoever. Like going completely all in.
Trouba would be interesting. He would balance out the top 4D but the jets would ask for too much.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Miro getting candy lmao

I mean Miro is the only one under 21 so he's not getting booze like the rest of them. I really like the crystal skull vodka Klinger is getting. Really high quality stuff from what i've heard . Dan Akroyd making quality vodka is sort of wierd

Ackroyd.gif

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Yeah we really gotta hit on this 1st rounder. We don’t have anyone in our pool that is a sure fire top six/top four option and we will need the cheap talent.

Or trade that for a better NHL ready player. At 18, this team is more likely to flub on a pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad