2019 Copa America

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Neres had one on his foot there but poor shooting let him down. Great build up play to open him up.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Summer of VAR

Jesus goal called back on an offside. It’s one of the few times tonight the Venezuela defense has lost its shape either way.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
That one will count even though they’re checking.

Coutinho taps it in after great work from super sub Everton to find him.

Brazil fans were whistling they’d displeasure as it looked as though 0-0 would be the final score, but this Venezuela defence has held strong for two games in a row now. Here and vs a good Peru side too.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That one will count even though they’re checking.

Coutinho taps it in after great work from super sub Everton to find him.

Brazil fans were whistling they’d displeasure as it looked as though 0-0 would be the final score, but this Venezuela defence has held strong for two games in a row now. Here and vs a good Peru side too.
Lool

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Almost 10 full mins of time added on in second half, almost all of it due to VAR.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Casco-Pezzella-Otamendi-Tagliafico
Pereyra-Paredes-Lo Celso
Messi-Martinez-De Paul

This is the likely lineup. One PSG reject down another still there. The idea according to fake coach is to have Lo Celso more central to be more comfortable. GEE creative midfielder needs to operate centrally and not on the wing genius.

Tough break for Saravia, who I think was all that bad but he's discarded for Casco. Lets see its a bold move cotton.

Kun gets dropped again pretty harsh considering he got scraps last game but Martines is more than good enough if Argentina actually are well structured and have a game plan and not play England style footy. Really Dybala/Kun/Martinez either of them should get the job done there's no wrong choice right now. Except for ahem Suarez. I like RDP coming in sole for the reason that Argentina will actually play with 11 men and not ADM.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Brazil got jobbed. Why was the goal called back? Firmino had no impact on that goal and moved away. Seriously VAR is shameful it did not fix the game it changed interpretation of all decisions made by referees.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Well I picked Venezuela to be the surprise the tournament so far they aren't disappointing with 0 goals scored and allowed:laugh:

They'll win comfortably against Bolivia to finish 2nd in their group.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Peru beats Brazil, Venezuela beats Bolivia it's possible. Why is that joke Gabriel still playing for Brazil?

VAR has been a complete disaster this tournament and in the Women World Cup. Making a ton of errors and bad intepretations + killing the flow of games and never adding the correct amount of time lost.

I actually like the fact thre's no VAR in the Gold Cup!

Assistant Referees are instruced to let the play go when it's a tigh offside call, NOT WHEN THE GUYS-GIRLS ARE 1- 2 METRES OFFSIDE YOU f***ING IDIOTS.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The issue isn't with VAR. If there is an issue it's with the people controlling/interpreting it and I'd much rather have VAR than not have it, as refs have been absolute rubbish for years.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Brazil got jobbed. Why was the goal called back? Firmino had no impact on that goal and moved away. Seriously VAR is shameful it did not fix the game it changed interpretation of all decisions made by referees.

FIFA really must change the offiside rule/interpretation in the future, in a way that just being in an offside position is allowed in most cases if they continue to use VAR. And only if a player in an offiside position touches the ball, or on purpose prevents the goalie making a save or a defender getting the ball, then the VAR can rule the goal out.

Otherwise this doesn't mean good for football as a spectacle, and the game chances too much regarding goal scoring, attacking and build-up play.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
FIFA really must change the offiside rule/interpretation in the future, in a way that just being in an offside position is allowed in most cases if they continue to use VAR. And only if a player in an offiside position touches the ball, or on purpose prevents the goalie making a save or a defender getting the ball, then the VAR can rule the goal out.

Otherwise this doesn't mean good for football as a spectacle, and the game chances too much regarding goal scoring, attacking and build-up play.
I agree, I am a huge fan of football and I can "understand" team parking the bus and playing defensive block against powerhouse. Unlike many sports this tactic create many upsets. That being said, football need to reward attacking teams more. Offside is obvious the big topic as it is one of the main reason of disallowed goals. I am not saying VAR should not call offside but changes to the offside rule should be made.

Yesterday Venezuela had the most lucky VAR reviews I have yet to see regarding video review. Brazil were poor and should have been better but the 2nd goal is a travesty, I saw it live and never understood why it was called back. I still do not understand why it was called back.

Goal line technology has been a huge success because the review are accurate and fast. Unlike VAR which is killing the flow of any game and most of the time the decision is still questionable and poorly explained.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
The issue isn't with VAR. If there is an issue it's with the people controlling/interpreting it and I'd much rather have VAR than not have it, as refs have been absolute rubbish for years.
I watched a ton of games from 1998-2010 especially, World Cups Euros, Copas, Champions League, UEFA, top leagues and my main observation was that the referees overall were excellent especially assistant referees, and it's tough to be a referee in soccer, they did a superb job.

Now with too many rules tinkering and the introduction of replays we see a big increase of major errors and referees who stop making calls on the pitch.
It's now so bad that they can't even make the RIGHT CALLS ON REPLAYS.....

And that's before talking about killing the flow of the game which is the one thing soccer has over all the other "major" sports.
Add to that the fact that they NEVER put back the total wasted time.

I don't understand your point of view at all. Are you new to the game? What leagues-competitions do you watch?

We have seen a ton of major errors in the past year or so with VAR.

Last edited:

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
I agree, I am a huge fan of football and I can "understand" team parking the bus and playing defensive block against powerhouse. Unlike many sports this tactic create many upsets. That being said, football need to reward attacking teams more. Offside is obvious the big topic as it is one of the main reason of disallowed goals. I am not saying VAR should not call offside but changes to the offside rule should be made.

Yesterday Venezuela had the most lucky VAR reviews I have yet to see regarding video review. Brazil were poor and should have been better but the 2nd goal is a travesty, I saw it live and never understood why it was called back. I still do not understand why it was called back.

Goal line technology has been a huge success because the review are accurate and fast. Unlike VAR which is killing the flow of any game and most of the time the decision is still questionable and poorly explained.
Goal line technology is enough.

I say don't mess with the offside rule it's logic as it is. Ask referees to give yellow for professional fouls like they should do and repeated fouling, this would help the game a lot more.

Can you post a video of the offside goal from yesterday? Maybe it was another bad interpretation on replay!

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Goal line technology is enough.

I say don't mess with the offside rule it's logic as it is. Ask referees to give yellow for professional fouls like they should do and repeated fouling, this would help the game a lot more.

Can you post a video of the offside goal from yesterday? Maybe it was another bad interpretation on replay!

I am not sure if it working.. anyway plenty of videos on Twitter or YouTube.

Firmino might be offside (very arguable) but no way in form is he impacting the goal in any form. I don't see it.

This is a great goal overruled by questionable VAR.

My interpretation: The ball is the key to the offside not the goalkeeper or last man in this case. The ball was played on the touchline. I still don't get it and it was never explained by any form. Oh yeah they also took a solid 5 minutes to review and it was definitely not properly added to extra time.

Anyway if it was review by VAR they should explain it to the audience on why. With conclusive evidence.

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Firmino might be offside (very arguable) but no way in form is he impacting the goal in any form. I don't see it.

The ball hit his thigh, that's why it was called back.

Whether he meant to play it or not, or if it would have gone in if it didn't touch him is irrelevant. He was offside when the shot was taken and it hit him thus it was correctly ruled offside.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
The ball hit his thigh, that's why it was called back.

Whether he meant to play it or not, or if it would have gone in if it didn't touch him is irrelevant. He was offside when the shot was taken and it hit him thus it was correctly ruled offside.
Yeah that's the only way it's offside. I wasn't sure it touched him but if it did then it's offside.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yeah that's the only way it's offside. I wasn't sure it touched him but if it did then it's offside.

I only saw a few replays so I'm not sure how they communicated it on the broadcast, but the only angle you could really see that it hit him from was the shot from behind the goal.

From that angle it's obvious that it took a pretty clear deflection.

Reactions: YNWA14

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
So you're saying VAR got it right?!
There's exception to every rule, but didn't the referee assistant called it? It was a rather easy call to make live.

2 years ago the goal would have been called off in 5sec. now it took 5min. to make the call. And this is one of the only time VAR makes the right call...And they didn't add the right amount of time either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad