2019 Copa America

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That's exactly my view too.

Brazil was the best team of the tournament and won the cup. The refs made poor decision that could have impacted the results (definately) but not to the point that there is no way they would have not win. They were far above any of the competititor and may I say played the best as a team (thankfully Neymar was out)
They wee 2nd best in one game. Try figuring out which one.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
I have seen the whole game and there is no controversy at all. Argentina played like **** and Brazil were clearly better and deserved the win.

If anything I am surprised no Argentina player(s) were red carded for constant winning to the refs.

This nonsensical opinion is derived from the fact that a couple of Liverpool players are playing for Brazil and nothing objective. Argentina dominated the semi final from the quarter hour mark. The second goal is a result of a non award of a penalty against Aguero and the joke of a decision not to award a penalty for the clear foul on Otamendi.

Let's not forget That Argentina hit the woodwork twice and controlled midfield resulting in timewasting from Brazil which included numerous pretend injuries to try and stop the flow of the match such as Willian crawling on and off the pitch. Absolutely pathetic and desperate. The referee is married to a Brazilian as well and judging from his decisions bent as anything. For instance running over to brandish a card at Tagliafico and ignoring Casemiro's identical challenge on Messi minutes later.

Brazil are not head and shoulders above anyone else in CONMEBOL either. Argentina with consistency in Scaloni's selections improved match to match and would have thrashed Chile but for the diabolical sending off of Messi. They do need to bring in an out and out defensive midfielder destroyer like Asascibar, move Foyth to DM as Paredes is still a little slow for my liking and move di Maria and Otamendi on.

There is bright hope defensively in the shape of Foyth, Balerdi and Romero and Benitez at Nice deserves a call up with Musso in between the sticks. The right sided lateral is an area of concern. Leonardo Godoy deserves a chance although Saravia was coming off injury and lacked match fitness and sharpness.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Argentina created nothing from open play. They were overly agressive all game and that cost them the first goal. They "tried" but failed to materialize any real chances.

As for the penalty appeal for Aguero would have been a joke if called. The brazilian defense covered perfectly the angle and cutted down the pass, it would have been a real sham to give a weak highly questionable penalty that looked more like an accidental contact. If the ball ever reached to Aguero there could have been a real case though.

As for the bump from Arthur to Otamendi, they could definately make a case for a penalty because it's obvious that Arthur blocked him but again the ball is nowhere there, contacts in the box during corners happen all the time and unless they call them every single time (which have never been the case) but it was definately questionable. I give you that and should have been VAR.

Overall Brazil was by far superior in all aspect of the game and managed well the ball while Argentina was constantly arguing to the refs (I thought he was very lenient and could have booked a couple players) and overly agressive.

Refs did not win this game for Brazil. Argentina lost it and the better team won. Simple.

You need to learn the rules of association football for a start. The decision in the Aguero incident is a penalty regardless. The Brazilians were excellent as usual in niggly fouls, disrupting the flow of the game by play acting and were forced backwards not because they chose too. Everton for instance was shut down by Foyth. You conveniently fail to remember Paredes pile driver, Messi hitting the edge of the post and teeing up de Paul who shot wildly when he could have placed it as well. Take off your yellow tinted spectacles. We all know the reason for your opinion because a couple of dolts from Liverpool play for the selecao.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
This nonsensical opinion is derived from the fact that a couple of Liverpool players are playing for Brazil and nothing objective.
Not at all. My favourite player of all time and the GOAT was playing for Argentina, I wanted nothing more than a win for Argentina.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Argentina dominated the semi final from the quarter hour mark. The second goal is a result of a non award of a penalty against Aguero and the joke of a decision not to award a penalty for the clear foul on Otamendi.
Funny enough, Argentina "dominated" after the first quarter half.. Guess what? Brazil scored in that first quarter and backed down after and if by dominating you mean ball possesion then it seems more like sour grapes because they created nothing with that possesion. All chances from Argentina were from Set plays.

Brazil were never really threatened.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Let's not forget That Argentina hit the woodwork twice and controlled midfield resulting in timewasting from Brazil which included numerous pretend injuries to try and stop the flow of the match such as Willian crawling on and off the pitch. Absolutely pathetic and desperate. The referee is married to a Brazilian as well and judging from his decisions bent as anything. For instance running over to brandish a card at Tagliafico and ignoring Casemiro's identical challenge on Messi minutes later.

Brazil are not head and shoulders above anyone else in CONMEBOL either. Argentina with consistency in Scaloni's selections improved match to match and would have thrashed Chile but for the diabolical sending off of Messi. They do need to bring in an out and out defensive midfielder destroyer like Asascibar, move Foyth to DM as Paredes is still a little slow for my liking and move di Maria and Otamendi on.

There is bright hope defensively in the shape of Foyth, Balerdi and Romero and Benitez at Nice deserves a call up with Musso in between the sticks. The right sided lateral is an area of concern. Leonardo Godoy deserves a chance although Saravia was coming off injury and lacked match fitness and sharpness.

1) Woodwork: one was threatening from a free kick deflected header the other was well cover by alisson.

2)Time wasting? Is this a joke? I mean if you reverse the role and with Argentina up by 1 do you think they would not have wasted time at all? This is done by any team on the planet sadly and you can bet your ass that Argentina would have done it too.

3) Referee, I don't give a f*** he is married to a brazilian or a french. This seem more like conspiracy theory to me.

4) Brazil conceded one goal all tournament and the only goal conceaded was from a Penalty. They were clearly the better team and deserved the title.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You need to learn the rules of association football for a start. The decision in the Aguero incident is a penalty regardless. The Brazilians were excellent as usual in niggly fouls, disrupting the flow of the game by play acting and were forced backwards not because they chose too. Everton for instance was shut down by Foyth. You conveniently fail to remember Paredes pile driver, Messi hitting the edge of the post and teeing up de Paul who shot wildly when he could have placed it as well. Take off your yellow tinted spectacles. We all know the reason for your opinion because a couple of dolts from Liverpool play for the selecao.
Again wrong, nothing to do with Liverpool players. Brazil had many flaws but they controlled well the space and had the spark in attack to get chances. (Gabriel Jesus, Cebolinha, Firmino all played their roles in creating chances). Thiago Silva and Marquinhos were as solid as ever. Casemiro role is to disrupt the midfield and he did well in his role. Arthur is so strong and smart in possesion he would be a key player for the next decade for Brazil without him I am not sure they would have stream rolled midfield like they did. Even Coutinho who is highly criticized lately did very good to control the ball and provide support. This was the most balanced Brazilian team in ages. Kudos on them playing up to their hype for once.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Funny enough, Argentina "dominated" after the first quarter half.. Guess what? Brazil scored in that first quarter and backed down after and if by dominating you mean ball possesion then it seems more like sour grapes because they created nothing with that possesion. All chances from Argentina were from Set plays.

Brazil were never really threatened.

It's shocking that someone who watched the game came away with this. Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->