Prospect Info: 2019 #98 - Matias Maccelli - LW

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Was just perusing CapFriendly and realized Maccelli is an RFA after this season.

Realistically, what do we think he will get on his next contract?
I think he'll get a bridge deal, something around 2/3 years and 2.5/3 million per year with the cap not rising very much this offseason.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Was just perusing CapFriendly and realized Maccelli is an RFA after this season.

Realistically, what do we think he will get on his next contract?
I think he'll get a bridge deal, something around 2/3 years and 2.5/3 million per year with the cap not rising very much this offseason.

2.75m x 2yr seems fair given his age. I think he would prefer a two year deal than a three. It would be lovely to get him locked up at 3x3 or 3.5x3 but I think if he shows he can be 60 point guy and he will want to be payed like one sooner rather than later.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Did you see how it happened? Bad hit, awkward fall, knee on knee? I am glad Carcone got a call up but not like this. I wanted to see Maccelli have a shot at the Calder. I know everyone did but just saying, I'm pretty dissappointed.
Didn’t see a play where i thought he got hurt.

Reactions: zerekstar

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Did you see how it happened? Bad hit, awkward fall, knee on knee? I am glad Carcone got a call up but not like this. I wanted to see Maccelli have a shot at the Calder. I know everyone did but just saying, I'm pretty dissappointed.

I went back and watched p1, happens about the 6:44 mark. Looks like he gets clipped in the left knee. Totally unintentional. Kings player skating backwards and Maccelli is trying to get around him. I'm thinking perhaps he hyperextended or sprained his knee. Don't see how any bones would be broken. Probably tendon or ligament related...but I'm no doctor. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: zerekstar

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
I went back and watched p1, happens about the 6:44 mark. Looks like he gets clipped in the left knee. Totally unintentional. Kings player skating backwards and Maccelli is trying to get around him. I'm thinking perhaps he hyperextended or sprained his knee. Don't see how any bones would be broken. Probably tendon or ligament related...but I'm no doctor. ;)
Thanks for the news!

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Here it is. He doesn't return to the ice after this collision...which doesn't look like much—hopefully, a speedy recovery.

Reactions: Jakey53

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I was hopeful and excited about the idea of Maccelli potentially becoming an NHL regular, but did not think he was going to be as good as he has been this year. On pace for 62 points in an 82 game season.
His zone entries. I don’t know if we have ever had a player stick handle his way into a zone with such ease before

Reactions: Freddy Sjostrom

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Wow . I am not sure why I never realized it before... but yes all we ever did was dump and chase... but Its been a while since I seen us doing that.. we are always trying to carry it in.

Reactions: Edenjung

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I think effective zone entries was an obsession of Chayka's. It was the prime reason he targeted Schmaltz in the trade.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Ah yes the Canadian media pushing for the Ducks and Kraken?? You fellas need to stop using the same crutch for everything. He will be in the discussion but missing games and not scoring will hurt. Plus that team record rarely does them favors and many might think he wouldn't get same opportunities on better team. All of these things favor Beniers.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Well ARZ got dragged through the mud when Bill traded Chychrun ..especially by the Canadian media… so there may be something there…

on the radio yesterday Marek tried talking about Maccelli to Friedman and said do the Yotes have a player there? Friedman said I would like to talk about Owen Power and (whichever rookie D ) and some rookie goalies..

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Well ARZ got dragged through the mud when Bill traded Chychrun ..especially by the Canadian media… so there may be something there…

on the radio yesterday Marek tried talking about Maccelli to Friedman and said do the Yotes have a player there? Friedman said I would like to talk about Owen Power and (whichever rookie D ) and some rookie goalies..
When you sit a player for weeks you get flack for it, and it was from all media.

Last years top point getting player and 2nd in goals while playing in a Canadian market was 3rd in Calder voting. Where was his "Canadian" advantage? Honorable Voters, and most are, deep dive on all players before voting.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Ah yes the Canadian media pushing for the Ducks and Kraken?? You fellas need to stop using the same crutch for everything. He will be in the discussion but missing games and not scoring will hurt. Plus that team record rarely does them favors and many might think he wouldn't get same opportunities on better team. All of these things favor Beniers.

You missed my point, as usual - I said "any other team." The mere fact of the Coyotes' existence precludes any of their players from being honored with a league award unless the circumstances are exceptional.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
You missed my point, as usual - I said "any other team." The mere fact of the Coyotes' existence precludes any of their players from being honored with a league award unless the circumstances are exceptional.
The point is still the same, Coyote players get the recognition they deserve. If leaning on the crutch helps you then have at it but it's far from factual. Would love an example though of one Coyote player who didn't get a reward they deserved?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The point is still the same, Coyote players get the recognition they deserve. If leaning on the crutch helps you then have at it but it's far from factual. Would love an example though of one Coyote player who didn't get a reward they deserved?

Oliver Ekman-Larsson deserved the Norris at one point.

Reactions: Prarievarg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5