Prospect Info: 2019 40th overall: Vancouver selects Nils Höglander (LW, Rögle BK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
He's only 19 years old playing in a pro League. Like Podkolzin, coaches won't give a mass amount of ice time to teenagers

CanucksArmy had an interesting article not long ago on what a breakout season from Hoglander and Podkolzin would look like:
Here’s what a breakout season would look like for the Canucks’ top prospects Nils Höglander and Vasili Podkolzin

That article suggests a .5 point-per-game pace is a good benchmark.

My non-stats based argument: If Hoglander isn't impressing his SHL coaching staff enough to get more than bottom-six minutes very soon, that doesn't mean he can't be good for the Canucks at some point, but it does mean he's unlikely to have much of an impact in the NHL in the next year or two.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Nils on the ice for 3 goals so far. 2 assists
Primary assist on the GWG and a secondary on the 2-1 goal

2019 Draft emphasis seems to be compete level and motor. It really shows on that winning goal to jump in on the forecheck before setting up the man in front of the net. Type of plays you need in the playoffs.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Nils Hoglander now has 4 points in 2 games, +4.

He's going to be a lot better than we thought, he absolutely can develop into a top 6 forward if he continues to play the way he is right now.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
giphy.gif

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It's 4 in 2 games.
Watched the game, Nils did not get an assist on the 1st goal.
Doesn’t matter. Clearly Hogs is a player. I see him driving play on Sutter’s Wing next season.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Doesn’t matter. Clearly Hogs is a player. I see him driving play on Sutter’s Wing next season.
Lo!....If he can 'drive the play' with Sutter as his center next season, then he'll be carrying the line by himself and is destined for super-stardom! I could see him on the third line with Gaudette next season, with maybe some limited pp time.

Of course that all assumes that his defensive game is up to Green's standards, and that's always the hardest transition for an NHL rookie.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I hope we refer to the Sutter line as the Sutter line mockingly long after he isn’t on this team starting immediately
Sadly Gaudette hasn’t proven he can handle centre, so we’re stuck with Sutter. Although a young third line of Hogs, Gaudette, and Jake would be fun to watch.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I look forward to seeing Pods and Hogs on the same line. Haven't had an energy "kids" line in a long while. Now we just need to have a young C in the system.
Maybe in a couple years we see Pods and Hogs flanking Bo? That could be one heck of a line, and hard to play against too. What about Boeser then? Hmmmm. It’s a nice problem to have lots of top quality talent for our top six. The days of Megna and Chaput in the top six are (fingers, eyes, and legs crossed) hopefully long gone.

Reactions: ChilliBilly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad