Prospect Info: 2019 40th overall: Vancouver selects Nils Höglander (LW, Rögle BK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iloovRMB

Paul Feyerabend is my spirit animal
Aug 22, 2020
Reports from sources familiar with the SHL and Rogle such as scouts, coaches, broadcasters, etc. that watch him play are way more substantial than an article from North America’s attempt to data mine a tiny sample from a league most aren’t too familiar with statistically. Will defer to those former voices not stat watchers.

He’s going through a scoring drought but at least he’s winning which is good for his confidence. After reading some Swedish media, they definitely view him as a young star. Coaches could be sheltering him - he’s not that big and he’s only 2o largely playing against 30 year olds. We don’t know unless we watch the games. Despite being in a scoring drought he’s managed to record a nice bump in production and if he’s been able to improve enough defensively to be reliable in the NHL he’s not going back to Sweden after camp.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Hog and Pod both barely playing now, so annoying.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Can't wait to see Hog and Pod in the lineup.

Pod will likely suit up next to Horvat while Hog will be on the third line LW

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
That would be fantastic. I know Hogs plays with some meanness, which I like, and think we need more of.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I've never seen Ronning play so I can't make that comparison but he certainly doesn't play like Marchand. Arvidsson is the closer comparison I can think of.
I’ve never seen Arvidson play, and you’ve never seen Ronning. That defaults, therefore, to Marchand. :win:

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Hoglander is slick and slippery as an eel out there....makes you wonder if all this will translate to the smaller ice...but we're about to find out. Pretty exciting stuff.

I think it should, but you never know what will happen. Nils loves to attack defenders, and play netfront/along the boards/behind the net in those dirty area's, so he's not just making moves in open ice. Will be interesting to see how he translates his game.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hoglander with 1 assist so far, and its a BEAUTY

some of the moves he pulls off in the SHL makes it seems like he is playing against juniors

Wow!....that stutter step in the slot to shake loose from the defender was pretty special. Not sure he'll be able to cut through the middle of the ice like that in the NHL, but this kid has a sublime change of pace out there which will fool defenders in any league.

With a top-six winger position wide open on the Canucks, I'm beginning to think this kid might have a shot at training camp.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
I was always on the fence about Hoglander but if he can put up to 35-40 points in around 50 games he has a legit shot at becoming a top 6 forward. He's not there yet but it's looking promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad