Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Version 8 | we're on a break Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

w640xh480_GettyImages-982037638.jpg

Interesting. I suspect they’re looking for a defenceman. Hughes is fantastic. Edler and Tanev are solid, but both are getting older.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Interesting. I suspect they’re looking for a defenceman. Hughes is fantastic. Edler and Tanev are solid, but both are getting older.
Barrie’s their defenseman. They’re likely looking for cap space and to replenish some picks they’ve let go of. If they can get a 10-15ovr pick for Boeser along with a good prospect while also adding Barrie it makes their team better and helps out their future.

Reactions: shadow1

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Boeser is lazy and not a good fit for this team. I also heard his QO will be $7.5M when his current contract is done. Too rich for my liking.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Barrie’s their defenseman. They’re likely looking for cap space and to replenish some picks they’ve let go of. If they can get a 10-15ovr pick for Boeser along with a good prospect while also adding Barrie it makes their team better and helps out their future.

Yeah, I could see that. Trading Boeser for picks would be a bit of an odd move by itself, but that larger plan makes sense.

Barrie would be a nice fit playing behind Hughes in Vancouver. He wouldn’t get the number one PP time that he’d like, but he’d give the Canucks another puck transporter.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Boeser is great, I'd be really surprised if they move him, although stupider things have been done in that town so it's certainly possible. They'd be pretty weak on the wings if they did that, I feel like there has to be other ways to clear cap space than moving a young, stud core player.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Most likely since they need D. I'd be willing to offer Timmins + Jost + 1st. Just glad we know Sakic wouldn't make a trade unless it's on his terms.

I suggested Timmins + Compher + 1st for Boeser + 3rd on the main boards and on capfriendly. The responses seem to be reasonably positive. Timmins would certainly be the sort of guy they'd want back as a main piece, assuming they want to fill their hole at RHD.

I wonder if they might have interest in Grubauer as well. They probably aren't too keen to resign Markstrom given their cap squeeze, and Grubauer at $3.33m for 1 year would be a good and cheap solution for them to bridge the gap until Demko can take over. Obviously that depends entirely on our desire to keep Grubauer (which depends on his playoff performance), but perhaps Grubauer for Markstrom's rights (and resign him to a reasonable deal) might be something that works in the scope of a larger Boeser trade.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
If Jost and Boeser could find their chemistry from the NCAA we could roll with 3 really good scoring lines (and a beast of a 4th line too)...

Landeskog ---- Mackinnon ---- Rantanen
Burakovsky ------- Kadri -------- Donskoi
Nichuskin --------- Jost ---------- Boeser
Calvert --------- Bellemare ----- Compher

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
If Jost and Boeser could find their chemistry from the NCAA we could roll with 3 really good scoring lines (and a beast of a 4th line too)...

Landeskog ---- Mackinnon ---- Rantanen
Burakovsky ------- Kadri -------- Donskoi
Nichuskin --------- Jost ---------- Boeser
Calvert --------- Bellemare ----- Compher

That would definitely be a hell of a lineup.

It would be such a luxury move though. Right wing is just not a need right now, unless the Avs wanted to acquire Boeser and trade Burakovsky in a corresponding move.

Last edited:

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
An interesting post by an Avs fan (moli92) on capfriendly relating to Boeser:

"if they made him available then I woudnt mind checking in on Boesers price tag (even though they are probably asking for too much) but imo hes kinda overrated. Before this season he was averaging 66.1% oZS% at even strength in his career while producing 0.83P/GP (68 point pace over a full season) with shooting percentages of 16.0%, 16.2%, and 12.4% from 16-17 to 18-19. He was producing well but was almost exclusively being used on offense which boosted his point totals. Then this season his even strength oZS% dropped to 55.4% and his shooting percentage dropped to 9.5%. No wonder his point production dropped this season - he was finally being given a more balanced role (at least at even strength) as opposed to the pure offensive role he was used to before. One of the biggest red flags for me though is his PP time, which has increased every single season from 1:46, to 2:55, to 3:32, and now to 4:07 per game this season. Despite this much PP time this season (which by the way is the 3rd most per game in the league) his PPP/60 was 3.58 (which ranked 207th in the league among players who average over 1:00 PP time per game) . I should mention that VANs PP% ranked 4th in the league, so its not like he was stuck with no help on the PP either.

Burakovsky (20+25=45 in 58GP) actually had a very similar season to Boeser. Both had identical oZs% of 55.4% at even strength, and nearly identical offensive production (Burakovsky 20+25=45 in 58GP, Boeser 16+29=45 in 57GP). I do expect Burakovsky's S% to regress (just like Boeser's has) but when you consider that Boeser had over 3 mins more ice time per game, 1:44 of which came on the PP, I dont think there is a huge gap there.

Boeser is viewed as a 1st line winger but in reality he needs extremely offense-heavy usage as well as an inflated S% to produce those numbers. Once he was put in a more balanced role (which was still very offense heavy with his PP time) his offense regressed to that of a mid-high end 2nd line winger. If he was given PP time based on his production instead of based on his reputation I would expect his production to drop even more. On the Avs I would expect 2nd line even strength and 2nd unit PP usage which would drop both his overall toi and especially his PP toi. Even if his S% bounces back to around 12% I dont see how his production would reach what it has before if hes given less-sheltered minutes"

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Boeser said no to $42M over 6 years to stay in Vancouver. He wants to get paid. He’s also a bandaid. We have too many of them. Haha!

Reactions: Patagonia

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks

They are lucky EP and Hughes are on ELC.

List of Canucks active bad contracts:

Eriksson 6M (2 more years)
Sutter 4.375M (1 more year)
Roussel 3M (2 more years)
Beagle 3M (2 more years)
Edler 6M (1 more year)
Myers 6M (4 more years)
Ferland 3,5M (3 more years, currently IR)
Luongo's recapture 3M (2 more years)

Almost all of these were bad UFA signings. Someone really needs to kidnap Benning on free agent day.

No wonder they have no room for Boeser.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'd take Boeser here. He is a good player but definitely a touch overrated by Nucks fans. He can be quite invisible for stretches and is a bit lazy in his own, but when he's on he's a big threat to score and has a pretty ridiculous shot.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about the 7.5M QO either. Of course lots of uncertainty regarding the future cap situation but even in a flat cap work a 30G, 60 Point guy is worth pretty close to 7.5M

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
I suggested Timmins + Compher + 1st for Boeser + 3rd on the main boards and on capfriendly. The responses seem to be reasonably positive. Timmins would certainly be the sort of guy they'd want back as a main piece, assuming they want to fill their hole at RHD.

I wonder if they might have interest in Grubauer as well. They probably aren't too keen to resign Markstrom given their cap squeeze, and Grubauer at $3.33m for 1 year would be a good and cheap solution for them to bridge the gap until Demko can take over. Obviously that depends entirely on our desire to keep Grubauer (which depends on his playoff performance), but perhaps Grubauer for Markstrom's rights (and resign him to a reasonable deal) might be something that works in the scope of a larger Boeser trade.

giphy.gif

I don't love the deal for the Avs but I'd be surprised if Timmins is anywhere close to the sort of guy Vancouver would want back in a deal for Boeser.

It's great that we might have an in-house solution for a top4 RHD on the way in a year or two but let's not get carried away into thinking any other team values him the way people do around here.

Timmins, at this point, is a sweetener in a deal for an upgrade not the main piece in a deal for a young upper-echelon NHLer.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'd take Boeser here. He is a good player but definitely a touch overrated by Nucks fans.

Actually from what I'm reading he's overrated by other fanbases and more criticised by Canucks fans (internally at least). He lives on his rookie reputation for us and others. It seems like quite a few fans over there would rather keep Toffoli.

Last edited by a moderator:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Boeser's play might've slipped but he's still a good player and I love his shot. He should bring back a pretty big return because of his age and goal scoring ability but probably one that's too rich for the Avs.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Boeser's play might've slipped but he's still a good player and I love his shot. He should bring back a pretty big return because of his age and goal scoring ability but probably one that's too rich for the Avs.

Sakic would probably try to sign Pie or Hall for free. Meaning that Avs will not have to give up any assets at all. Give Hall a 5 year deal worth 8M or so. See if he takes it. Hopefully Hall is the type of player that likes to chase for the cup.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Unless some shit went down with practice and someone got all butthurt I don’t buy this.

But by all means spam the trade board with this. Canucks fans deserve to suffer.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Brock Boeser is a 23 year old that looks like he has the back of Chris Chelios during his last NHL season. At 23.

He's a fine player, but if I had to put money on it that guy's not going to last past 30 and he's not going to look good in a few years, either. He's already not that great of a skater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad