Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Version 8 | we're on a break Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I actually think it’s smart of VAN to move him now since it’s pretty obvious he doesn’t look like part of the plan beyond his current contract anyway. Maximize value.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Boeser also just isn't as good as his stats suggest. He's a bit of a floater and lacks some effort. That's why he's so streaky and invisible at times. That fan base has been ripping him apart for awhile now but now that he's coming up in trade talks on HF he's elite.

Reactions: Richard88

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Boeser also just isn't as good as his stats suggest. He's a bit of a floater and lacks some effort. That's why he's so streaky and invisible at times. That fan base has been ripping him apart for awhile now but now that he's coming up in trade talks on HF he's elite.
Exactly!

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Every fanbase does that.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
With the abbreviated seasons coming for all the junior levels of hockey and the difficulty in travel I’m more open to trading 2021 picks for rentals than established prospects next year.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Dater thinks the most likely scenario is 7M X 7 (front loaded) with a NMC. I could live with that.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Dater thinks the most likely scenario is 7M X 7 (front loaded) with a NMC. I could live with that.

From his article (the part not behind the paywall):

With the cap staying put at $81.5 million for two more seasons, 2019 re-signing comparisons are still in play here. There is a relativity factor that doesn’t change. Not only in terms of production per dollar but cap hit percentages. When going over the 2019 re-signings, I found three solid comparable deals that should be in the ballpark for Landeskog:

Are the three comparables he suggests Kreider, Lee, and Hayes? If so I think he's undervaluing Landeskog as he's a tier above those three.

If Landeskog is willing to sign for $7m x 7 years I'd definitely be down for that, as that would be good value during our prime cup contending years, and should be manageable in the back half of the contract even if he declines hard. He's likely an Av for his entire career so I don't think a NMC makes much tangible difference.

Reactions: McMetal

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Are the three comparables he suggests Kreider, Lee, and Hayes? If so I think he's undervaluing Landeskog as he's a tier above those three.

Two of those three make 500k less than 7m a year, and Lee only got his deal because of the ridiculous free agent prices. Landy has loyalty to the team.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
7x7 Oh hells to the yeah! That's just under a $1.5 million raise and they'll net $3.25M with Cole's contract expiring and bringing in a replacement level D that year.

JoT9Qw.png

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Two of those three make 500k less than 7m a year, and Lee only got his deal because of the ridiculous free agent prices. Landy has loyalty to the team.
Of the three players I mentioned only Kreider makes less than $7m.
  • Kreider $6.5m
  • Hayes $7.143m
  • Lee $7m
Lee got drafted by NYI and is their captain, so his situation is pretty comparable in terms of intangibles with Landeskog.

Landeskog's stats illustrate my earlier point, that he is a tier above Lee.
  • Lee has scored 301 points in 493 games, which is an average of 50.06 points per 82 games, with a career high of 62 points (in 82 games for 0.756 ppg)
  • Landeskog has scored 460 in 633 games, which is an average of 59.59 points per 82 games, with a career high of 75 points (in 73 games for over 1 PPG)
Needless to say I think he can certainly ask for $8m aav, and we should be absolutely delighted if he signs for less.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
$7M for Landy is good enough for me. Not liking 7 years, though.
7 years would be a worthwhile trade-off if we can get him at under $8m as it would maximise our chances of winning a cup in the teams prime contending window. For 6 years I think we'd be looking at $8.5m+ which would start to reduce how competitive the roster can be.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I think Landy would be comfortable with 7x7. Lower cap hit but guaranteed money is probably more appealing given his play style. I think ideally it would be something like 7.5M/5. He has a right to, but I honestly can't see Landy demanding a # that starts with 8. He knows there are at least 3 other guys that will be making that number sooner than later and wants to keep this team competitive for his prime years. I think the flat cap helps us in this scenario too.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A ROUGH mock up of the salary structure in 21-22 with that contract.

• Ignore the length on everyone but Lando!
  • Took a highish stab on Makar an Gru
  • Bottom of the roster are place holders.
  • Used Evolving hockey for this offseason's RFAs.
  • Assuming Zadarov is traded.
  • Did not take out a Seattle draftee.

upload_2020-7-11_16-39-6.png

Reactions: Richard88

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

Because of the high escrow for the next two years I doubt his deal would be front-loaded. 3rd and 4th years could maybe be more loaded though.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
7x7 is basically the dream, I would be straight shocked if it was that good, even taking into account the hometown discount he will assuredly give us.

I know the cap is flat for the next couple years, but by year 5 it WILL have gone up, and make his third line years manageable. Remember, this deal won't actually kick in until the start of 21-22.

Reactions: AvsCOL

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
7x7 would be pretty amazing for Landy. That would be the perfect example of a captain on a contending team that wants to win, setting a very early example to everyone else that taking a little less money will go a long way towards getting that cup win.

I expect 8.XXM but if we get him in the 7 neighborhood we should be thrilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad