Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Version 5.1 | Pre-Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Long time creeper of these forums. First post.

Graves can no longer be considered less than a top 4 D after tonight’s game.

Prove me wrong. (But be gentle)

Easy now. Everyone on here says the same thing and the narrative is to trade Graves and get a better partner for Makar. At about 5 million dollars more.

Makes sense.

Reactions: Lastwind

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
No, it’s my own opinion. Such as yours.

I stand behind my take on Graves. He is still going uphill and Top4 is attained now or by next year. I do believe it is his ceiling as well.

My post wasn't directed at you.

We can disagree slightly on Graves, nothing wrong with that. No doubt the guy is producing and he's gonna earn himself a raise. I still wonder if the Avs should be the team paying him that amount though. I maintain I've been a big fan of Graves since he first showed up in Colorado, but I think he's a #5 guy tops, despite the fact that he hasn't looked terrible on the top pair. At present he's the best option to play alongside Makar, so if it works, it works.

I'm more concerned about the EJ/Girard pairing anyway.

Lastwind

Jan 20, 2020
Ottawa, ON
My post wasn't directed at you.

We can disagree slightly on Graves, nothing wrong with that. No doubt the guy is producing and he's gonna earn himself a raise. I still wonder if the Avs should be the team paying him that amount though. I maintain I've been a big fan of Graves since he first showed up in Colorado, but I think he's a #5 guy tops, despite the fact that he hasn't looked terrible on the top pair. At present he's the best option to play alongside Makar, so if it works, it works.

I'm more concerned about the EJ/Girard pairing anyway.
I do think EJ and Cole are very close to leaving.
I appreciate my statement sounds bold but I think Graves is underrated in the way that people aren’t seeing that consistency that lands you that #4 spot.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
IMO Graves has more than earned his spot going forward on the team. He meshes well with Makar and will come cheap for the next few seasons. By the time that is up, he should be pushed down the lineup by Byram leaving him comfortably in the #5 spot.

Reactions: Lastwind

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
IMO Graves has more than earned his spot going forward on the team. He meshes well with Makar and will come cheap for the next few seasons. By the time that is up, he should be pushed down the lineup by Byram leaving him comfortably in the #5 spot.

How dare you hate on Graves like this!

Reactions: Pokecheque

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Mack is exactly on pace for 50 goals, 70 assists, 120 points.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Karlsson contract is about the least of the Sharks' worries. Maybe only second to Timo Meier's contract. Burns, Jones, Pickles, some solid depth players having UFA status this year or next, a crap goalie they are locked into for a while... lots of issues. But they really don't have a choice but to push their core a bit harder for the next 2-3 seasons before they blow it up. If they don't win a Cup soon, they will have to tear it all down to rebuild anyway and it will take just about as long.

Reactions: Pokecheque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad