Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Nico Hischier makes 1M more than Nathan Mackinnon

FRXO0t4.gif

giphy.gif

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Zucker is in the news again after calling out Boudreau (kinda). He's making $5.5M/yr and his contract would expire at the same time as MacKinnon's. I think he'd be a good fit in Bednar's system next to Kadri.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Josh Anderson is one guy I'd be happy to trade Zadorov for, though the timing still isn't right on a Z trade. Off season though? Sign me up. Actually think it's pretty good for both sides if Anderson doesn't want to sign there long term.

Josh is awesome. I'd hate to give up Zadorov as I am a fan-boy for Big Z, but Josh is a big boy in his own right and brings at lot of toughness as well.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I wonder how much value Sakic sees in this kind of player. He did make an offer to Ferland last summer so he's obviously aware.

GM's see how the last 2 cups were won. Caps = heaviest team in the NHL w/ Wilson punishing everyone then Blues being overly physical w/ Berube going for "old style hockey".

4th overall in 2019 draft :sarcasm:

But seriously, I think Suter is the archetype that Byram will have the most success modeling his game after...rather than the more dynamic style of someone like Rielly or Heiskanen.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I actually think Timmins compares a tonne to Suter myself...

So I mean if we ended up with two Suters in Byram and Timmins I guess that'd be alright.

A Defense core of Makar/Girard/Byram/Timmins and Center depth of Zadorov/Mackinnon/Kadri would be unmatched around the league.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
People are falling all over themselves for a third pairing defenseman who won't be on the roster next season while hating on someone who has been doing just fine as a 3C.

*smokebomb*

Reactions: UncleRisto

CaleMakaw

Jul 12, 2018
People are falling all over themselves for a third pairing defenseman who won't be on the roster next season while hating on someone who has been doing just fine as a 3C.

*smokebomb*

Zadorov on the 3rd pairing shows our depth at D as he'd be top 4 on most other teams.

Jost as 3C shows our lack of depth as he'd be a 4 line winger on most teams. And just fine? The guy is a turnover machine, he's undersized and slow and is only playing "fine" because of how often his linemates bail him out.

Still undefeated with Z. :nod:

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I might be in the minority here but i actually like the 2nd line we ice right now. If Bura & Dong end up being 50+ point players and Kadri reach 60 (both absolutly manageable) i don't think we need an upgrade. I know it's early but so far these guys look decent to say the least.

Reactions: MarkT and McMetal

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Kadri, Donskoi, Bura, Bellemare, Calvert, Grubauer, Girard...

Sakic's job at trading and signing UFA's during the last 2 years has been really impressive. He's got a whole 2nd line during the last off season, that's something.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Kadri, Donskoi, Bura, Bellemare, Calvert, Grubauer, Girard...

Sakic's job at trading and signing UFA's during the last 2 years has been really impressive. He's got a whole 2nd line during the last off season, that's something.

MacKinnon even gave Sakic a shoutout in the post-game interview last night for addressing the forward depth this summer.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Tyson Barrie ... right now.

tenor.gif
Speaking of Barrie...outside of that one game it seems that the Toronto media and fanbase have been less than impressed by him so far. Even heard "big names" on Sportsnet saying that the defense is no better this year than it was last year.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Trading Z who is so in love with the city, club and teammates and who brings unique intangibles to the team would be a huge mistake. The coach is there to ... coach him isn’t he ? Do your job Bednar.

I don't want to trade Z, but you can't keep everyone. At some point Byram will make the team, Graves is looking like an NHL player, Timmins will be an NHLer, Girard looks great, Makar likely will be great, EJ is the leader, Rosen could earn a spot. He could conceivably fit in there, but what do you pay him, and what role does he have on the team long-term?

Zucker is in the news again after calling out Boudreau (kinda). He's making $5.5M/yr and his contract would expire at the same time as MacKinnon's. I think he'd be a good fit in Bednar's system next to Kadri.

The Wild aint going to trade Zucker within the division. The only way we get him is if we get him the same way Florida got Hoffman.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Speaking of Barrie...outside of that one game it seems that the Toronto media and fanbase have been less than impressed by him so far. Even heard "big names" on Sportsnet saying that the defense is no better this year than it was last year.
Yeah, he's been very ineffective on the stat sheet the last week, no wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad