Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread XIV: We Talk About Pizza...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
NHL Network keep mentioning a goalie to Colorado. Is Sakic really looking for one?

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
This is probably the year that GMs may break from the good ol' boys and have offer sheets ready. Seems like a chance to say desperate times call for desperate/drastic measures.
Don’t think so. Although it’d be smart, not many teams will want to really open their checkbooks at this year, which would probably be necessary for any OS to have a chance at working.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I think we’re safe from REALLY stupid.

Stupid is definitely still on board.

Doing nothing could be really stupid too though.

Someone else made a good point. If we sit back and don’t jump the gun on anything today, there will be plenty of teams that will be needing to make some trades in the coming weeks due to the flat cap

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
That's racist. I think?

:sarcasm:

3B468D83-2B30-4563-8DD7-43F4E90DB952.gif

Reactions: Ararana

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
Seeing how boston isn't willing to give Krug more than 6.5 mil/per. I am inclined to believe that 5.5 mil/per for Girard is not really great. He might not even hit 30 points next season if Byram takes his PP role and it's like not like he's good at defense (he's very deficient actually with slow reflexes). He literally needs Johnson or Makar to babysit him. Might want to sell high on him.

Glad we can dodge Janmark though, dont' need another Donskoi making 4 mil while we'd be better off without him.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Seeing how boston isn't willing to give Krug more than 6.5 mil/per. I am inclined to believe that 5.5 mil/per for Girard is not really great. He might not even hit 30 points next season if Byram takes his PP role and it's like not like he's good at defense (he's very deficient actually with slow reflexes). He literally needs Johnson or Makar to babysit him. Might want to sell high on him.

He makes 5 million a season. But this is a funny post

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
NHL Network keep mentioning a goalie to Colorado. Is Sakic really looking for one?
I feel like “goaltending issues” has been the National narrative for Colorado since Roy retired lol

We could have a Jennings Trophy and a Vezina and NHL network will still say Colorado’s biggest question mark is their goaltending.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019

Glad we can dodge Janmark though, dont' need another Donskoi making 4 mil while we'd be better off without him.
upload_2020-10-9_11-50-19.jpeg

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Hopefully Wennberg and Hall. Not that worried about adding a defenseman, I'm expecting Byram on the roster on opening night.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Lol wut.

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
Keep hyping up the kerfoot of defensemen then. Didn't somebody here say he was just as good as Makar at one point? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad