Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread XIV: We Talk About Pizza...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Funny that this guy who already won his cup still managed to finish 4th in Norris voting a year after the cup victory.
Not only that, but everyone here is talking about the Vegas offense.

Pietrangelo puts up as much offense as Stastny does, while also helping control the game far better, thus giving the offensive in general more opportunities by having the puck more often.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Is Janmark an elite PKer? If not there's just no reason to sign him. Give Kaut or O'Connor a 4th line role and use the extra million elsewhere.
Oh that's right, I forgot about LOC. There is just no room or fit for Janmark. Don't think he's any upgrade over the guys already on the 3rd and 4th lines.

Edit: Obviously Janmark is more established than Kaut or LOC, but at what point you go with the kids and have them develop? Kaut and LOC are NHL players already

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Marchessault, Karlsson, Smith, Pacioretty, Stephenson, Stone, Roy,and Tuch is solid. If Glass pans out then it’s even better. Solid doesn’t mean great it’s still good.

Personally I think gamebreakers up front are more important than gamebreakers on the back end, but Vegas’s forward mix is still pretty awesome in many respects.

OK. My impression was that he meant they’re not high end or elite but they compensate by being deep and versatile. But it’s such a broad term, I wasn’t sure so I didn’t know if I agreed with him.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Everyone on here should be hacked off if we start next season trying Jost / Compher as this team’s #3 centre...for the third year in a row.
Jost is poised for a breakout year. He's done a lot of work in the off-season and his skating's better than it's ever been. He's sharp, and he's ready.

I'm clawing at my own face right now at this fabricated situation.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
But he was phenomenal in the playoffs. As he was in all regular season long. Would you pass on ROR, Matthews and Roman Josi because their team's lost in the qualifiers too?
If we re-acquired him I'd be one of those lunatics you see on twitter posting a video burning a jersey.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Weegar would be absolutely perfect. Young, defensively solid, team-controlled. Florida just acquired Nutivaara too so have surplus of RHD.

Would imagine that they'd ask for Timmins, and he might actually be expendable if we acquired another young RHD, particularly with Barron in the pipeline too.

Maybe something around Zadorov+ and Weegar could work though. Zadorov has a house in Florida fwiw.

Graves --- Makar
Girard --- Weegar
Byram --- Johnson
Cole
Ive watched Weegar a lot over last few years and really like him. Thought he was arguably the cats best defenseman (although that doesn’t mean much). I’d happily take him and think he could be a solid 4/5 for us. The biggest issue is he seems to get injured at least once a season, but not too badly.

Not sure what the panthers would want for him. I wouldn’t hesitate to send Zads or a 2nd for him though. That may not be enough though as another team could potentially offer more (might not be a 1st but more picks or possibly better player). Also unsure what he wants contract wise. Would have no problem giving him the Demelo deal.

Funny though that the Cats finally have a solid d-Corp with depth and they’re trying to move arguably the best one. Classic cats.

Last edited:

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I'll say it again

Better to sit on your ass and do nothing than to do something really stupid.
I think we’re safe from REALLY stupid.

Stupid is definitely still on board.

Doing nothing could be really stupid too though.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Imagine Wayne Simmonds trying to skate with our team.

upload_2020-10-9_11-42-11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad