Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread XIV: We Talk About Pizza...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Haven't tried it yet, but sounds like I need to get my CPL transferred first lmao. Last place I tried down there was the Cliff Bells. That place was amazing.

Make sure to go to the one on 6 Mile and Conant.

Cliff Bells is pretty awesome. Actually Detroit as a whole is a super underrated city. So much history and culture there, but the downturn of the last 40 years there has just turned so much of Detroit in a crime ridden hell hole. I keep trying to convince my wife that we should buy a place off Lake St Clair, no dice. :laugh:

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

Cliff Bells is pretty awesome. Actually Detroit as a whole is a super underrated city. So much history and culture there, but the downturn of the last 40 years there has just turned so much of Detroit in a crime ridden hell hole. I keep trying to convince my wife that we should buy a place off Lake St Clair, no dice. :laugh:

This sounds like me trying to convince my wife that we could definitely live in Inuvik for half the year.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Dreger says there isn't a ton of interest in Hall's rights and he'll probably take a day or two before making a decision once free agency begins. No real surprise with either one of those things. You only trade for Hall's rights at this stage if you're planning on offering him 8 years, which I wouldn't advise.
I actually think the opposite. I think if you plan on signing Hall at all it’s a good idea to trade a conditional pick for his rights. With no interviewing period, Friday will be a long day. I’d rather be ahead of that and know my plan heading into Friday. You can’t go into that day wondering if Hall will be your play, he takes a day or two to decide and then all the other options are off the table.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

It would be a good investment, unfortunately people don't usually count it as a good real estate investment when it takes 10-20 more years for gentrification to happen. I joke, but they are actually doing a good job in some areas, and if I knew the city better I would have already bought property closer in.

Condos would be a killer investment if their property tax structure in MI in general wasn't asinine.

To add to that.. You can still get a really nice condo within a few blocks of LC Arena for under 250k I believe. That is like a cool million in Seattle.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Are we going to do a draft day GDT?
I actually strongly suggest against it. We do it every year and it’s a messy thread of prospects + trades. Why not keep a draft thread for prospects and a trade thread for that part.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This sounds like me trying to convince my wife that we could definitely live in Inuvik for half the year.

You'd probably have better luck than me! My wife is a southerner, and lived in Florida on the beach for a good chunk of her life. Detroit is the embodiment of hell to her. :laugh:

It would be a good investment, unfortunately people don't usually count it as a good real estate investment when it takes 10-20 more years for gentrification to happen. I joke, but they are actually doing a good job in some areas, and if I knew the city better I would have already bought property closer in.

There are a number of really nice areas, but like you said, the recovery there is going to take so long and is going to be fragile for a long time it makes it hard to predict.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I actually think the opposite. I think if you plan on signing Hall at all it’s a good idea to trade a conditional pick for his rights. With no interviewing period, Friday will be a long day. I’d rather be ahead of that and know my plan heading into Friday. You can’t go into that day wondering if Hall will be your play, he takes a day or two to decide and then all the other options are off the table.

I agree, but his real options are going to be limited enough that I bet the price isn't worth it.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Beau Jo's pizza is pretty good.

RIP Boulder location.
I’m from the part of North America furthest away from Colorado and I’m glad I can still contribute to this conversation because I have to send a vouch for Cosmos Pizza. Had it a few times in Denver and it’s probably my favorite pizza I’ve ever had anywhere. Their spicy ranch is money.

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
I’m from the part of North America furthest away from Colorado and I’m glad I can still contribute to this conversation because I have to send a vouch for Cosmos Pizza. Had it a few times in Denver and it’s probably my favorite pizza I’ve ever had anywhere. Their spicy ranch is money.
Spicy ranch is indeed good and I was about to call you out if it went unmentioned.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
No one will know about this spot but it’s the best Pizza I’ve had anywhere.

The Secret Stash in Crested Butte. The owners are a married couple. One Is from NY the other Chicago.

2nd best is Brown Dog in Telluride.

If you’re ever in the area make the trip for a slice.

Reactions: The Abusement Park
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad