2019-2020 Tank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keduzin

May 5, 2009
I feel the young guns are ready to take over , time to start taking down Wheeler’s minutes and use him on the 2nd or 3rd line and PK. With that D-material the Jets will not go far in the playoffs, if they even get there. There is not a better time to start preparing for the future.

Reactions: PhilJets

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
When the management of a professional hockey team decides this is their D they are going to hang their hat on ( other than Buff skipping town ) they have made the choice that they have no expectations of winning ( doesn't mean tanking ) but this is nothing but a development / see what we have year.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
When the management of a professional hockey team decides this is their D they are going to hang their hat on ( other than Buff skipping town ) they have made the choice that they have no expectations of winning ( doesn't mean tanking ) but this is nothing but a development / see what we have year.

Best not to play

Bourque
Letestu
Bitteto
Dalhstorm

And play

Gustafsson
Heinola
Niku once healthy
Also call up Stanley to play some games instead of Kulikov and Vesalainen instead matty P.

Then lower minutes of Wheeler and Little.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I feel the young guns are ready to take over , time to start taking down Wheeler’s minutes and use him on the 2nd or 3rd line and PK. With that D-material the Jets will not go far in the playoffs, if they even get there. There is not a better time to start preparing for the future.
I thought years 1-7 were lets prepare for the future years.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I'm down to take a step back this year and re-tool. We look like a bubble team and we certainly could be able to make the playoffs. But much like the Leafs, we don't have the defense to go anywhere. I'd rather embrace the tank and grab a Laf or a Byfield, or on one of the top D.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Dunno, man. I think our d-corps looked adequate at worst if one was operating under the assumption that Byfuglien was going to play.
JoMo - Buff
Kuli - Pionk
Heinola - Poolman
Niku (or switch with Poolman)

In no way amazing, but not actually terrible.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I think the D is far better if it was healthy and had Buff in it

You could run

JoMo/Pionk
Kuli/Buff
Beaulieu/Poolman/Niku

As a side note

If we do dip and get a top 10 pick that isn't in the top 5. I really really like Kaden Guhle. PA Raider big D man is having a heck of a start to the season and is a big reason PA is up in the standings again

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville

You could run

JoMo/Pionk
Kuli/Buff
Beaulieu/Poolman/Niku
Better but still poor. Any universe where Kulikov is in the top four is not a playoff-bound universe. Any universe where Pionk is a top two is not a playoff-bound universe.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont

You could run

JoMo/Pionk
Kuli/Buff
Beaulieu/Poolman/Niku

As a side note

If we do dip and get a top 10 pick that isn't in the top 5. I really really like Kaden Guhle. PA Raider big D man is having a heck of a start to the season and is a big reason PA is up in the standings again

Im eyeballing Barron but I sometimes question D coming out of the Q. Drysdale in Erie looks good too. I’ve seen him live a few times is is a good puck moving defender who was QBing the PP in his first year. Both should be 8-15. Schneider is a late 1st round steal for me

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I thought I heard that if team X finishes last twice in a row then they are automatically the lottery winner? I forget which team finished last last year.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
I'm down to take a step back this year and re-tool. We look like a bubble team and we certainly could be able to make the playoffs. But much like the Leafs, we don't have the defense to go anywhere. I'd rather embrace the tank and grab a Laf or a Byfield, or on one of the top D.
Also could deal off any free agents and hopefully Perrault or little at the deadline

Reactions: snowkiddin

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

You could run

JoMo/Pionk
Kuli/Buff
Beaulieu/Poolman/Niku

As a side note

What is your scouting report on Guhle Joe?

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
If there was a huge difference between the two I would say yes, but I’m not seeing it with those two. Byfield has an ability to become a franchise centre and while Lafrennier looks amazing, I take the C
They would have to be virtually tied for me, but it appears that Byfield is climbing.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I thought years 1-7 were lets prepare for the future years.

What part of the first 4 years of Jets hockey were lets prepare for the future years?

We didn't start actually rebuilding until Anaheim kicked our asses and they admitted they needed to get younger and retool.

And even then we still tried to re-sign Ladd. Thankfully he was greedy.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
What part of the first 4 years of Jets hockey were lets prepare for the future years?

We didn't start actually rebuilding until Anaheim kicked our asses and they admitted they needed to get younger and retool.

And even then we still tried to re-sign Ladd. Thankfully he was greedy.
That was just lip service by Chevy after the duck series. He didn't change 1 person on the core after the duck series. Hard to rebuild if your core stays the same. We are at 9 years into the rebuild and by the looks of it a few more years to go while we wait for the defence to get some experience. By that time our 1st pick back in the nhl will be 30 and the team will be ready to compete.

Last edited:
Reactions: Board Bard

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Why are the Jets at 4-4 a tank worthy team while the leafs at 4-3-1 are an elite contender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad