2019-2020 Tank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Byfield is tearing up the OHL. he's a 6'4" C, and he's 10 months younger than Lafreniere, Need to see how the season plays out, but he should certainly be in consideration for #1.
So we won't get him as the wild are choking like champs. Wonder who the best centre/d we likely can get in draft.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If the Blues can suck ass for half a season and win a stanley cup anything is possible with the proper leadership and coaching.

We are not dead yet.

giphy.gif

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Fortunately, the Jets coaches/management nail their first round picks a develop them well.

Let's wait and see what happens with Roslovic, Stanley and Vesalainen before making that claim.

As for the Jets, even if Buff announcing his comeback in the next few weeks, I suspect it will take until close to the midway point of the season before he is in game shape and contributing at levels we have been accustomed...several weeks to get into game shape at practice...a few weeks in the AHL...several weeks in the NHL.

I'll stick with my prognostication of 85-87 points for the Jets with a 7th to 10th worst record in the league. The lottery balls will really have to favour us as they did in 2016 to get a top-2 pick.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Let's wait and see what happens with Roslovic, Stanley and Vesalainen before making that claim.

As for the Jets, even if Buff announcing his comeback in the next few weeks, I suspect it will take until close to the midway point of the season before he is in game shape and contributing at levels we have been accustomed...several weeks to get into game shape at practice...a few weeks in the AHL...several weeks in the NHL.

I'll stick with my prognostication of 85-87 points for the Jets with a 7th to 10th worst record in the league. The lottery balls will really have to favour us as they did in 2016 to get a top-2 pick.

:laugh: I clicked "like" above and then had the identical thought.
About those 3 guys, that is.

Last edited:
Reactions: blueandgoldguy

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Gonna need lottery luck regardless. Too much talent to be too low but missing the playoffs is definitely possible.

We have some good talent, but so do most of the other bad teams. But we have a lot of holes, just like they do. There are 2-3 teams that will compete for dead last. We aren't with them, but could easily finish 5th-8th from the bottom. Not predicting that. I think 12th is more likely, but lower could happen.

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
--Wpg Jet Tank-- ☻/︻╦╤─
▂▄▅ -2019/2020-/▌ ██▅▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Busting for Byfield™

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Nope. That's not what I'm talking about. I pay very little attention to those pundits. I give you Liljegren and Chychrun as recent examples of consensus #1 picks who fell to mid 1st rd. It happens often.

Neither of those two were consensus 1OA picks and it’s disingenuous to suggest them as such.

If the draft is today, you take Lafreniere, no doubt about it. But of course things can change. I’m not saying it’s impossible for Byfield to pass him.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016

Why not add Ville too?

Why not compile a list of the teams with the best track record at drafting? Betcha the Jets would be rated Top 5.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Why not add Ville too?

Why not compile a list of the teams with the best track record at drafting? Betcha the Jets would be rated Top 5.

Just because Chevy nails first round picks doesnt mean we are amazing at drafting. Copp and Lowry are the only players outside the first round that make a difference on this team from the past 8 years. Helly doesnt count in my opinion as goalies are almost always drafted in late rounds.

When we get a Braden point. Or a datsyuk or zetterberg type of steal then I will say we are great

Last edited:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Just because Chevy nails first round picks doesnt mean we are amazing at drafting. Copp and Lowry are the only players outside the first round that make a difference on this team from the past 8 years. Helly doesnt count in my opinion as goalies are almost always drafted in late rounds.

When we get a Braden point. Or a datsyuk or zetterberg type of steal then I will say we are great

I’d rather nail those first round draft picks than get lucky over players that were passed over by every NHL team several times.

Cool, so some random third rounder fluked into a super star. Is that really the mark of a great drafting team?

Reactions: Trojien

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012

Yeah, that's fair--Helle doesn't count, but Datsyuk and Zetterberg--both of whom were drafted over 20 years ago--do.
The Jets have only been drafting since 2011 and more than 2/3 of their starting lineup against the Islanders was populated by their own draft choices, something very few teams can boast.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Yeah, that's fair--Helle doesn't count, but Datsyuk and Zetterberg--both of whom were drafted over 20 years ago--do.
The Jets have only been drafting since 2011 and more than 2/3 of their starting lineup against the Islanders was populated by their own draft choices, something very few teams can boast.

That's the jets choice by making the least trades in the NHL since their return. It isnt necessarily something to be proud of

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
I’d rather nail those first round draft picks than get lucky over players that were passed over by every NHL team several times.

Cool, so some random third rounder fluked into a super star. Is that really the mark of a great drafting team?

The teams that nail first round picks and have late round superstars is the mark of a great drafting team. Most teams nail their first round picks. That's why it stands out so much when there is first round busts

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
The teams that nail first round picks and have late round superstars is the mark of a great drafting team. Most teams nail their first round picks. That's why it stands out so much when there is first round busts

Name five better drafting teams than the Jets. Whose roster is largely made up of their draft picks and what is the quality of those players relative to where they are selected?

Honestly, this is a losing argument for you if you’re trying to suggest that the Jets are not a good draft and develop franchise...

...but I welcome your attempt. Here’s some extra rope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad