2019-2020 Tank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
I really hope chevy doesn't try to band aid this team this year. Its not a good long term plan.

Take a step back, trade guys at the deadline for picks this year, it's a fantastic draft. Samberg comes up next year, get a RD UFA maybe and next year will be a whole lot better.

draft Byfield.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I’d the Jets win on Tuesday, they’ll be at 2-2 for a season opening 4 in 6 road trip. You can’t expect much better than that.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
The D's pretty brutal to say the least. And Stanley still can't make the team, huh.

I'd give him a shot at this point - impossible to be any worse.

Might see a few call ups once we're back home - turn on the D blender and see what sticks.

Edit - forgot this was a tank thread - let's stick with what we have :DD

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I’d the Jets win on Tuesday, they’ll be at 2-2 for a season opening 4 in 6 road trip. You can’t expect much better than that.
They've never beaten Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh before. Only question is how big a beat down they get.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
The D's pretty brutal to say the least. And Stanley still can't make the team, huh.

He'll get there. It's not a race. More of a learning curve. For what it is worth Niku is starting his 3rd pro season on the Moose.

Morrissey-Niku
Stanley-Pionk
Kulikov-Poolman

could be the d pairings by the 1st quarter of the season.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I really hope chevy doesn't try to band aid this team this year. Its not a good long term plan.

Take a step back, trade guys at the deadline for picks this year, it's a fantastic draft. Samberg comes up next year, get a RD UFA maybe and next year will be a whole lot better.

draft Byfield.

There's no one to really trade for picks at the deadline. That's expiring UFA time, which the Jets only have Kulikov for and I dont think he's gonna return all that much.

I think if Buff retires, you have the space to really go after someone like Hamonic, who isnt perfect but would immediately be on the top pairing here.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Great, another year over before it's started.

It's clear from the Trouba for Plinko trade that this team top to bottom lacks intestinal fortitude, hockey IQ, truculence, grit, moxie, determination, and our only hope is to finish behind Seattle in the standings with a losing effort so horrid that we snap Seattle out from the future and into our place by game 50.

Anyone know who is the top prospect in the 2020 entry draft? I need to start working on my rhyming pessimist slogans so I can actually start mining some joy out of another inevitable 31st place finish.
Wow! I've never been in a tank thread before. Cool. I think I'll have a look around in here this year.

Keduzin

May 5, 2009
That D needs to be fixed, and in order to get a good enough return in a trade the Jets needs to throw in Connor/ Ehlers/Laine. Laine is easily the one of these three that would get the best return. On the other hand he is also the one of those three whose attributes to the game cannot be replaced.

Been watching all of the Canes, Panthers and Jets games this season so far and all of the #1 centers of those teams have been far from what they can and will contribute to their teams and the game. Most likely it is that heave training that shows in the play of Aho, Scheiffele and Barkov but will pay off in a few weeks for the rest of the season.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
IF.

IF the Jets win 90 per cent of their remaining games AND sweep the playoffs, they'll win the Stanley Cup.

Pittsburgh owns the Jets in Pittsburgh. And that is before we lost our defense. IF the Jets can keep this game within three goals it would be a small victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad