2019 - 2020 St. Louis Blues - Defending the Cup - Part 2: The Depth from Within

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
At least it isn’t his knee. No idea what it could be. Jumped up, came down awkwardly and his foot is in a boot. Ankle sprain? Hopefully not a high ankle sprain.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Sucks that Kostin is hurt too. Would love to see him up here and playing every day with all these injuries.

Last edited:

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Honestly feel like we need to call up Kyrou at this point. We've lost far too much offensive firepower, and elevating guys like Brouwer and De La Rose adds nothing to this team.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Honestly feel like we need to call up Kyrou at this point. We've lost far too much offensive firepower, and elevating guys like Brouwer and De La Rose adds nothing to this team.
I think we need to see Walker first. It’s only fair to him after he torched the AHL.

Maybe he will do something. Maybe not. But I’d play him in the NHL for the next week and if he doesn’t deserve to stick, then we can call up Kyrou who will be ready by then.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The run last year was magical. But part of what allowed it to happen was good luck with injuries. Every team suffers injuries in the post-season, but the Blues were able to avoid anything too damaging. It might be time to pay the piper now. I won’t complain. It gives big opportunities for guys who wouldn’t have had them. I’m sure Kyrou will be up soon.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
If 2 years ago you would have said that I’d be bummed out that Blais and Sunny were out long term, I wouldn’t have believed you. Those 2 have sure turned into key players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian39 and BlueMed

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Schwartz is an aggravating player. It feels like he peaked a few years ago and is slowly getting worse. He looked like a 30G 65pt guy who you could depend on 20m a night. Now it looks like he's struggling to stay on his feet. He has no creativity or desire to drive the net anymore. He skates into the zone and pulls up....that's his move.

We really need him with Vladi out.
He’s having a good year, just not great, and it’s so frustrating because it could be so much better. It’s looking more and more each game like the playoffs last year were fools gold as far as him getting back to being an elite 2 way player. I could see him becoming a cap casualty if we make a deal before the TDL and decide we want to extend that player.

Reactions: Dbrownss

SIU LAW

Apr 29, 2006
With the Blues bleeding depth, I have to assume the Blues are going to bring someone in via a trade (even if a minor one) or going the PTO route again (does McGinn now get signed?). Another injury or two to the forwards and....

With other teams in the Central getting hot, the Blues can’t afford to opt to burn their (slight) cushion while trying to ride this out and hope AHL players mature fast. But then, if you bring on other players, the roster could then become quite crowded as the IR heals up. What a mess.

Hindsight and all, but it is brutal that the Fabbri trade occurred right in the middle of all this.

Last edited:

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
He’s having a good year, just not great, and it’s so frustrating because it could be so much better. It’s looking more and more each game like the playoffs last year were fools gold as far as him getting back to being an elite 2 way player. I could see him becoming a cap casualty if we make a deal before the TDL and decide we want to extend that player.
Nah, he's only getting paid 5.35 million. You should lower your expectations a bit. He's an excellent and underrated 2-way player that can play on your first line, but labeling him as elite will probably disappoint you.

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
So. Uh. Moved away from STL about a month ago. Completely missed the game tonight because someone on my ignore list made the thread. Frustrating.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
I feel like Thomas has more offense to give when he's at center and I'd rather see him there, although he's playing well with Schwartz and Schenn. I like Sanford and think he's been playing generally well but he just doesn't seem to gel with O'Rielly and Perron.

I know Chief isn't likely to mess with the lines after beating Dallas and I wouldn't blame him but I would like to see

Schwartz-Schenn-Bozak
Barbashev-O'Rielly-Perron
Sanford-Thomas-Walker
Mac-de la Rose-Brouwer

Reactions: STLegend

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
How good would this team be with Tarasenko, Sunny and Blais? 120 pt team?

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
So. Uh. Moved away from STL about a month ago. Completely missed the game tonight because someone on my ignore list made the thread. Frustrating.
I didn’t see the thread either, but finally realized what happened after the game. I just didn’t bother trying to figure out how to see it. This site has a pretty bizarre set-up for the ignore feature, where the entire thread gets affected. Sucks that you missed the game, it was a good one.

The Blues had every reason to play poorly with 6 guys out and Allen starting, against one of the hottest teams in the league with a chip on its shoulder. But the Blues are very good at limiting shots from Dallas for some reason. I thought the Stars looked like they didn’t want to engage physically as much. Oh, they made some hits according to the stat sheet, but I thought the Blues won a lot more board battles and 50/50 situations.

Loved Walkers game. He’s very savvy. I didn’t realize that he’d be such a crafty player.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I feel like Thomas has more offense to give when he's at center and I'd rather see him there, although he's playing well with Schwartz and Schenn. I like Sanford and think he's been playing generally well but he just doesn't seem to gel with O'Rielly and Perron.

I know Chief isn't likely to mess with the lines after beating Dallas and I wouldn't blame him but I would like to see

Schwartz-Schenn-Bozak
Barbashev-O'Rielly-Perron
Sanford-Thomas-Walker
Mac-de la Rose-Brouwer
I don't know why they don't just try sliding Schenn to wing on 1st line. Thomas I agree is so much better at C than he is at wing.

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
It’s crazy to look at the league stats and to see Allen rocking a .914 save percentage which is 18th in the league. Save percentage league-wide is down a bit, but at least statistically Allen is looking like one of the top 5 back-ups. Maybe it won’t be so hard to move him after the season.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
It’s crazy to look at the league stats and to see Allen rocking a .914 save percentage which is 18th in the league. Save percentage league-wide is down a bit, but at least statistically Allen is looking like one of the top 5 back-ups. Maybe it won’t be so hard to move him after the season.
Just a couple of games ago he was in the .880s though. A couple of good games brought it up quickly, but a couple of bad ones can bring it right back because he’s only played a handful of games. I’d love to see Jake play like he has the past two games all season, but we’ve all seen this guy for hundreds of games and know what he truly is. The rest of the league does too. I just hope it won’t cost too much of a sweetener to move him. That would be a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad