Speculation: 2019-2020 Sharks Roster Discussion Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I expect to see Radil waived. Belongs not on an NHL roster

He should be waived for sure. He has done little to show he belongs. Someone like Bergmann is more deserving of that spot.

I hope Melker will lose his spot and we finally will see line Gregor-Gambrell-Bergmann

Yep. That line has a potential of being a fast forechecking line that would bring some physicality with it. Still don't think Melker is going to lose his spot though.

Pistol Pete

Dec 17, 2007
639FECD9-E332-4F28-BE39-1E7A9DF5D566.png
96D63A36-0976-4D99-9411-77176A90178E.png

By putting Prout on LTIR, and sending Melker, Dell, and Radil through waivers to the minors, it’s created almost $4m in cap space to bring in another goalie and forward. Obviously, another team claiming Melker or Dell would clear even more space. A little food for thought from a daydreamer.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
New lines in practice

Moving Thornton to 2C and Hertl to the wing is an interesting decision. I've had my gripes with Hertl playing center recently because of his defensive lapses but I don't know that Thornton has done anything to justify being moved up in the lineup. We'll see. Goodrow moving down is a good start. I hope Marleau and Blichfeld can do enough to cover for how bad Goodrow is defensively as a center.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Well could be worse. But definitely solidifies my want for a middle 6 center that can play wing too. And hopefully Suomella can recover from the likely concussion he has

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Yikes. Not a great first impression for the new regime. Nice to see Blichfeld get a shot, but in what world is Thornton still at top-6 player?
I think Hertl is getting demoted, not Thornton promoted. (People were describing Blichfeld as getting a "top-6 role" which would be consistent with that.)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think Hertl is getting demoted, not Thornton promoted. (People were describing Blichfeld as getting a "top-6 role" which would be consistent with that.)

I mean whether it's Hertl-Thornton-Labanc or Marleau-Goodrow-Blichfeld, whichever is the 2nd line has got some work to do to be successful against whoever their lined up against.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He is saying the right things, let us hope it works out.

Yeah. Identifying the issues is a good first step. Addressing them is another thing altogether and can be tough to do if the resources aren't there. There's only so much that Boughner can do with the forward talent up front but using their obvious strength of Burns and Karlsson in more dangerous areas and not as obvious with what they do should help on its own.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
Good to see Blichfield get a call up. Hope he's ready.

I would not be surprised to see him get 10-15 games to see if he's ready, if not, next prospect up
from the cuda. I expect this will be the way the season goes with prospects in for a chance, etc.

Reactions: themelkman

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Who ignored it? The only 1 that could really say something about the system is basically wilson.
The players when they said “were still with Pete.” Pete himself constantly doing the same thing and yes Wilson. At every level they knew it was a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad