Speculation: 2019-2020 Sharks Roster Discussion Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I wasn’t trying to verify him. We are all free to believe the information or not. Like we are with any source. Is Eklund an insider? How about OHL insiders? If so, then being an insider doesn’t make the information credible. We still need to determine if we want to believe it or not, like pretty much everything on the internet.
Kevin Kurz Claims to be an insider and his stuff is unbelievable...:sarcasm::laugh:

I didn’t “basically” say that but what ever. I’m not exactly random on here either. I’ve contributed to this board a lot in the past including confirmed “rumors”. Some may also remember the artwork/avatars I did for the board under my old handle, Rapid-I-Movement. All good though.
You should make a PM list for people who want your info. You could call it "Sharks Insider"...:laugh:

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Me sliding into @Boy Hedican DMs for that insider info.

tenor.gif

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Think DW looks at Kovy?

Exact opposite of what we need right now. A larger percentage of shots against us are going into the net. We can’t replace our goalie, so the only option, is to reduce shots against.

Kovy increases shots against.

Reactions: Sandisfan

boredatwork

Oct 7, 2013
Looking at natural stat trick for the past few games, the Sharks are coming out even or a little ahead in scoring chances for and high danger chances for at evens. I’m not saying that this is indicative of some underlying turn around, but I think it points to the fact that this is a mediocre team of skaters.

Without a doubt, the poor goaltending makes this mediocre bunch into a terrible looking team. The skaters are not giving up as much defensively as they did at the beginning of the year, but the scores are still lopsided.

Boughner’s emphasis on a shoot first mentality is spot on. Last night Thornton and LaBanc literally skating around the face off circle passing the puck back and forth until the Rangers picked off the puck for an odd man rush against is a perfect example of this. LaBanc is becoming Tierney 2.0 for me in that he will give the puck to the other team more than make a play. Thornton has zero goals. That’s unacceptable.

Meier, Kane, and Hertl owned the boards last season. Teams could not take the puck off them, which, in my mind, was the Sharks’ greatest advantage over their opponents. That dirty work is not happening from all three of them.

The bottom six is just not getting anything done either. Is there a major difference between the 3rd and 4th lines? How many of these guys actually belong in the NHL?

As much as I supported PDB, I agree with his firing. The team was not playing the style of hockey he preached.

Right now, beyond shooting more in all situations, how does this team improve? I don’t see a piece on the trade market making a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad