Speculation: 2019-2020 Sharks Roster Discussion Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
The players when they said “were still with Pete.” Pete himself constantly doing the same thing and yes Wilson. At every level they knew it was a problem.

I can't believe people still expect the players to basically say my coach sucks he doesnt know what he is doing. Not 1 single player in this league will say anything different then we trust the coach, he is a good coach, we just need to be better.

Reactions: Used As A Shield

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
I can't believe people still expect the players to basically say my coach sucks he doesnt know what he is doing. Not 1 single player in this league will say anything different then we trust the coach, he is a good coach, we just need to be better.
Did I say that? Why are purposely going out of your way to scrutinize my comments? They could say nothing couldn’t they? Holy shit man.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Did I say that? Why are purposely going out of your way to scrutinize my comments? They could say nothing couldn’t they? Holy **** man.

Say nothing about a question to if there will be any changes to the system being played? Why would he?

You said the players just ignored the problems with the old system, it is implying that they should of said something publicly or even behind closed doors (even though we do not know if they did or not).

Kegsey

Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Say nothing about a question to if there will be any changes to the system being played? Why would he?

You said the players just ignored the problems with the old system, it is implying that they should of said something publicly or even behind closed doors (even though we do not know if they did or not).
I apologize for taking people at face value and it wouldn’t have been the first time that players show frustration with their team or system. My point originally is that me, personally, I am frustrated that it took the team this long to accept this and get rid of Deboer. I never said he wasn’t a good coach, but we could’ve potentially avoided at least one shitty road trip by cutting the cord earlier. Plus, if they knew the system was bad and needed an overhaul, which at this point is fairly obvious, then what was Doug’s plan? Wait and see if we scrape out a few wins and then let Pete run the same shitty system for another month?

This is a forum and I was voicing my opinion, I’m sorry you felt personally attacked.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I apologize for taking people at face value and it wouldn’t have been the first time that players show frustration with their team or system. My point originally is that me, personally, I am frustrated that it took the team this long to accept this and get rid of Deboer. I never said he wasn’t a good coach, but we could’ve potentially avoided at least one ****ty road trip by cutting the cord earlier. Plus, if they knew the system was bad and needed an overhaul, which at this point is fairly obvious, then what was Doug’s plan? Wait and see if we scrape out a few wins and then let Pete run the same ****ty system for another month?

This is a forum and I was voicing my opinion, I’m sorry you felt personally attacked.

They couldn't fire him in november, well they could of. But it would look pretty weird and bad to fire a coach in the middle of a 11 wins in 13 games stretch. The only time that wilson could of fired deboer would of been at the very start of the season when the team started 0-5. But even from someone that wanted him gone last november, that would of been way to early.

Kegsey

Oct 20, 2011
Canada
They couldn't fire him in november, well they could of. But it would look pretty weird and bad to fire a coach in the middle of a 11 wins in 13 games stretch. The only time that wilson could of fired deboer would of been at the very start of the season when the team started 0-5. But even from someone that wanted him gone last november, that would of been way to early.
I respect your opinion but I disagree. If Pete showed a willingness to adapt then I would’ve been fine with keeping him even longer, but it’s the fact that we’ve done the same shit since the season started and there was zero accountability coming from Deboer.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I respect your opinion but I disagree. If Pete showed a willingness to adapt then I would’ve been fine with keeping him even longer, but it’s the fact that we’ve done the same **** since the season started and there was zero accountability coming from Deboer.

Pete is great at adapting in the playoffs. During the regular season against many different teams? Not so much.

Kegsey

Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Pete is great at adapting in the playoffs. During the regular season against many different teams? Not so much.
My thing is the willingness and accountability. At no point did it appear as though Pete thought something was wrong. Same gameplan every night and same bullshit in postgame interviews.

Reactions: Phu

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
"I have a source" isn't credible here. If you want to be an insider, there are processes you can go through. Otherwise, word of mouth posts are against site rules and will be deleted.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
"I have a source" isn't credible here. If you want to be an insider, there are processes you can go through. Otherwise, word of mouth posts are against site rules and will be deleted.
Those were good posts. That poster has credibility with me from posting things like that in the past. Deleting those posts makes this site worse not better. I don’t like it.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Those were good posts. That poster has credibility with me from posting things like that in the past. Deleting those posts makes this site worse not better. I don’t like it.

When it comes to calling current players on the team basically bad team mates/cancers then it really should come from more then just i have a source that says this from a random poster.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

And saying you verify him doesnt make it any more credible.
Again, there are ways he can become a verified insider if he wants to. If he doesn't want to, then he can't post as if he is one.

Last edited:

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
And saying you verify him doesnt make it any more credible.
Again, there are ways he can become a verified insider if he wants to. If he doesn't want to, then he can't post as if he is one.
I wasn’t trying to verify him. We are all free to believe the information or not. Like we are with any source. Is Eklund an insider? How about OHL insiders? If so, then being an insider doesn’t make the information credible. We still need to determine if we want to believe it or not, like pretty much everything on the internet.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I wasn’t trying to verify him. We are all free to believe the information or not. Like we are with any source. Is Eklund an insider? How about OHL insiders? If so, then being an insider doesn’t make the information credible. We still need to determine if we want to believe it or not, like pretty much everything on the internet.

Using Eklund as a reason to verify someone isn't a good argument. If anything, that proves the process for verification here should be even more stringent.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

And what would be easier. Having posters comb through a number of posts and use their judgement of what's legit, or having a process of vetting insiders so we know that every post is real without having to use our judgement? The former, HF would be no different than the comment section of youtube of facebook and it'd actually made the site worse. The latter, we won't have to determine what's real or not, because those would be legitimate rumors.

The vetting process isn't complicated and it only goes through 1-2 admins, so there isn't any worry of them "leaking" said person's identity.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
I dunno what the verification process is. I’ve posted stuff in the past and it was never a problem. I get the concerns, so I guess I’ll just keep my info to my self and circle of friends. What’s gonna happen is gonna happen regardless if an “insider” posts it...just like Marleau and Pavs ;)

I dunno how anyone would believe me to be credible by HF vetting standards by me simply saying “my friend is a friend of the Sharks.”

Last edited:

Boy Hedican

Jul 12, 2006
Earff
When it comes to calling current players on the team basically bad team mates/cancers then it really should come from more then just i have a source that says this from a random poster.

I didn’t “basically” say that but what ever. I’m not exactly random on here either. I’ve contributed to this board a lot in the past including confirmed “rumors”. Some may also remember the artwork/avatars I did for the board under my old handle, Rapid-I-Movement. All good though.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I didn’t “basically” say that but what ever. I’m not exactly random on here either. I’ve contributed to this board a lot in the past including confirmed “rumors”. Some may also remember the artwork/avatars I did for the board under my old handle, Rapid-I-Movement. All good though.

Documented insiders never name their sources so I don’t get what the big deal is. If you have shown a history of being credible on the board with your posts then I think you should have a little more leeway honestly. Add me to your PM list for info lol

Boy Hedican

Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Documented insiders never name their sources so I don’t get what the big deal is. If you have shown a history of being credible on the board with your posts then I think you should have a little more leeway honestly. Add me to your PM list for info lol

if I hear more, I’ll attempt to go through the process here to post. If that doesn’t work, I’m happy to post on an external outlet for those that are interested.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
And what would be easier. Having posters comb through a number of posts and use their judgement of what's legit, or having a process of vetting insiders so we know that every post is real without having to use our judgement? The former, HF would be no different than the comment section of youtube of facebook and it'd actually made the site worse. The latter, we won't have to determine what's real or not, because those would be legitimate rumors.

The vetting process isn't complicated and it only goes through 1-2 admins, so there isn't any worry of them "leaking" said person's identity.

This place isn't really that different from those platforms honestly. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad