Speculation: 2019-2020 Sharks Roster Discussion Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
there is no logic in your statement. "Hi, we hate it here but choose to spend most of the offseason just down the street, oh and I have millions of dollars so I can live wherever I want"

There's a pretty big difference between playing in Montreal and living in Quebec City. Like substantial differences.

Jul 10, 2010
there is no logic in your statement. "Hi, we hate it here but choose to spend most of the offseason just down the street, oh and I have millions of dollars so I can live wherever I want"
Obviously you dont understand the effect the montreal media and fans have on the players. theres a HUGE difference between living there and living there and having to deal with the constant fan recognition, the media, and the culture around the canadians there

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Obviously you dont understand the effect the montreal media and fans have on the players. theres a HUGE difference between living there and living there and having to deal with the constant fan recognition, the media, and the culture around the canadians there
Hes still a local NHL player, im sure its not as intense but I gurantee you people recognize him in public

thenick099

Apr 30, 2016
Santa Clara
If the Devils continue to struggle and Hall is available, it seems like something DW would be all over. What would it take to get him?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Wo there cowboy, if Labanc is any part of the deal its gonna have to be a no. Doug wouldnt be dumb enough to move him for a rental

Then they ain't getting Hall. If they're renting him out, they're going to get a pretty good haul from a team. That's what it'll likely take for the Sharks to be competitive on a rental Hall.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Wo there cowboy, if Labanc is any part of the deal its gonna have to be a no. Doug wouldnt be dumb enough to move him for a rental

I'd happily pay that for Hall, and hope to be able re-sign him in the off-season Hall would absolutely solidify the top 6.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I'd happily pay that for Hall, and hope to be able re-sign him in the off-season Hall would absolutely solidify the top 6.
Hey well thats fair I guess. Personally I would not move Labanc a first and one of our top prospects for a quarter season of Hall. If we got an immediate resign for under market value then maybe.

Pistol Pete

Dec 17, 2007
For Hall as a rental with 50% retained by NJD, I’d offer Chmelevski, Sorensen, Halbgewachs, a 2021 3rd, and a 2022 2nd that becomes a 2022 1st if the Sharks win the Cup or resign Hall.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Moving Labanc, a Chi twin, and yet another 1st for a couple months of Hall would be a huge mistake. That's more than Ottawa got for an entire year of EK65, a far better player than Hall imo. I dont think that's what it would cost, but if it is, no way I'd do it. Especially cause I dont see him resigning here after the season.

Reactions: Pistol Pete

LA Shark

Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
I wonder if we could buy low on Eric staal --- 3.25M cap hit, would be a realistic option for another top sixer.
Didnt he invoke his ntc last year, then resign in Minn? I doubt he wants to leave. I wanted to acquire Zucker though all offseason, and I'd still like to. Put him on the Couture line and move Patty to Goodrows spot on the 3rd line.

Reactions: Pistol Pete

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Yeah, it'd probably be Labanc, Chekhovich, and a conditional 1st round pick.

That’s probably a bit high based on the precedent that has been set by past rental deals for guys like Hossa, Karlsson, Burns, and Kovalchuk.

What would be dumb about trading an inconsistent 3rd liner who struggles at even strength for one of the best players in the NHL?

If Hall is willing to consider signing an extension and the organization decides that they are confident in his health, they shouldn’t get hung up over including Kevin Labanc in that deal. If Labanc has to go to get it done, we should be packing his bags.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Hey well thats fair I guess. Personally I would not move Labanc a first and one of our top prospects for a quarter season of Hall. If we got an immediate resign for under market value then maybe.

At best you hope Labanc becomes half the player that Hall is, and even that is asking for a lot. Hall is one of the best wingers in the game and if we have to give up 2 average/goodish prospects an unproven inconsistent middle 6 winger, and a first round pick I do that in a heartbeat.
We should have the room to sign him next year and if we were able to get Karlsson to stay I have no doubt that Hall wouldn't stay either.

LA Shark

Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
That’s probably a bit high based on the precedent that has been set by past rental deals for guys like Hossa, Karlsson, Burns, and Kovalchuk.

What would be dumb about trading an inconsistent 3rd liner who struggles at even strength for one of the best players in the NHL?

If Hall is willing to consider signing an extension and the organization decides that they are confident in his health, they shouldn’t get hung up over including Kevin Labanc in that deal. If Labanc has to go to get it done, we should be packing his bags.
What are the chances Hall would give us any idea whether he would be willing to sign here or not long term before we even trade for him? Next to nothing I'd say. Making that trade would really set us back imo. Next year we would have yet another hole in our top 6, 1 less higher end prospect, and we'd be without a 1st round pick yet again with an aging expensive roster.

Reactions: themelkman

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
What are the chances Hall would give us any idea whether he would be willing to sign here or not long term before we even trade for him? Next to nothing I'd say. Making that trade would really set us back imo. Next year we would have yet another hole in our top 6, 1 less higher end prospect, and we'd be without a 1st round pick yet again with an aging expensive roster.
You don’t make that trade without a chance to talk to Hall. DW, Pete, and Hasso all had conversations with Karlsson before we traded for him. I would expect the same if the Sharks were trading for Hall.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Mark Stone agreed to a contract with Vegas at the trade deadline as part of the trade. Kyle Turris did the same with Nashville a couple years back. Hall has been on horrible teams for his entire career and I recall reading that he said he would take less to play for a contending team. I don’t see any reason to suggest the chance of him signing here at the trade deadline would be next to zero.

Also, why do you say we would have another hole in our top-6? If Kevin Labanc is in your top-6, you have a hole in your top-6. Trading him does not open up a new hole.

thenick099

Apr 30, 2016
Santa Clara
I think he meant we would have a hole if Hall didn't resign. I would expect DW and company to do their due diligence before committing to a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest