Speculation: 2019-2020 Sharks Roster Discussion Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2010
Am I the only person that actually wouldn't be interested in Hall?

He'll be turning 29 next year, is a bandaid who has played 70+ games only 4 times in his career. He has cleared 80+ points twice and 30 goals all of once, and it is probably just me, but I'm not a fan of his game style either, at all.
also would not be interested in Hall, see him as a very similar player to Evander Kane in terms of skillsets and what he brings, as well as injury history but will be more expensive

Reactions: Sandisfan

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Pavelski will be a nice 3RW on a 700k deal for us after getting bought out next year

Honestly, I get why these guys chase the payday. They probably know it’s coming, and are like, 20mils 20mil, right? But for someone like Pavelski, I kind of expected him to stay a bit more loyal. Our offense was literally built around him. He was given way more opportunity to succeed here than he was going to get anywhere else. His 2 points in 8 games certainly reflects that.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Pavs is never coming back

why not? He could make his money elsewhere like Marleau did and come back to Cali if that is what he and his family prefer. His skating is already declined so much that we my not want him back by that time though.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
also would not be interested in Hall, see him as a very similar player to Evander Kane in terms of skillsets and what he brings, as well as injury history but will be more expensive

Hall is much better than Kane, which is saying something because Kane is good. Hall literally won the Art Ross a year ago. He’s an elite playmaker and an elite play-driver at even strength. I completely get the injury concern, that’s fair, but Hall would immediately become our best forward.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
why not? He could make his money elsewhere like Marleau did and come back to Cali if that is what he and his family prefer. His skating is already declined so much that we my not want him back by that time though.

From what I heard, they dont..

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
There is a reason most players dont play till 40, Pavs wont be one of those players that play till 40

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
Wilson is going to be 3 for 3 on old declining players thinking they are better then they are chasing money and then falling off a cliff.

I can't disagree with DW on letting old declining players walk. Good cap management, etc.

Regarding Pavs, be real interesting to see how he did with the Stars this year. We where not
going to be able to afford him, good for him and his 7m cap hit times 3.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
There is a reason most players dont play till 40, Pavs wont be one of those players that play till 40

And the ones that do usually are elite at something that does not actually decline with age.

Everything that pavs was elite in declines with age.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I agree, he's a slow skater in a fast skater game.
Not only that he doesn't have any attribute to make up for his lack of speed. Thornton could at least protect the puck. Pavelski is undersized, slow, and doesn't do anything well other than tip pucks

Stars are going to regret signing him.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
And the ones that do usually are elite at something that does not actually decline with age.

Everything that pavs was elite in declines with age.
He's still got elite hand-eye and IQ but that's about it. Everything else he has is practically replacement level.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Not that he's not capable but I'd prefer Karlsson not PK. PKs involve lots of starts and stops which might not be good for the groin. I think this is where we miss Braun the most. We need the #3 RHD to PK but Heed isn't trusted to do it. When Simek comes back I'd like to see Vlasic-Burns and Ferraro-Dillon/Simek be the main pairs.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011

With Gamby elevating his play the last few, Bergmann - Gambrell - Karlsson isn't that bad of a 4th line.

Our forwards will start to look pretty deep again if and when we add a top 6, especially with Goodrow finding another gear.

Kane - Hertl - Top 6
Meier - Couture - Marleau
Sorenson - Jumbo - Labanc
Bergmann - Gamby - Goodrow/Karlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->