Speculation: 2019-2020 Sharks Roster Discussion, part три (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Yeah. I don’t. I’m saying that’s what they probably didn’t even offer.

They probably offered something unreasonably team friendly like $5M/2Y.
ok. misread what you wrote. that seems ... unlikely given historic precedent. if they really wanted to walk away from pavs you would imagine they give him at least as much courtesy as boyle.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
ok. misread what you wrote. that seems ... unlikely given historic precedent. if they really wanted to walk away from pavs you would imagine they give him at least as much courtesy as boyle.

No worries, I worded things very poorly.

Do we know what was offered to Boyle in terms of AAV? I only know that he was only offered one year.

I think they made him a courtesy offer somewhere in the Marleau range. $5M/2Y, probably a little more.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
Another name I could see DW looking at is Simmonds. Not popular on these boards but he does share some traits with Pavs in terms of leadership and net front presence.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Well. I just think he has to be. Can't stay quiet not doing anything to improve the roster.
Exactly, can't take a step back at this juncture. The loss of Pavs, maybe Nyquist, and Donskoi is to big not to compensate for. The team needs to be better than last season not worse.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Do we know what was offered to Boyle in terms of AAV? I only know that he was only offered one year.

I think they made him a courtesy offer somewhere in the Marleau range. $5M/2Y, probably a little more.
boyle did not get an offer at all. they told him we are going a different direction.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011

DW not taking a nap.

dodge.gif

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Heh. Interesting. Wonder if the rivarly with the Sharks had something to do with him going to the Stars instead. I definitely think we are better than the Stars.
I mean he also cross checked our goalie coach in the back of the head before haha he better stay away from the Sharks

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
that would suggest they weren't talking at all which as far as we know they were. team friendly for the sharks has a lot of considerations. most likely the sticking point was term. and if pavs isn't willing to bet on himself being good in 2 years, then why should the team?

why would anyone think over $7m is pavs' market value when he just signed as an unrestricted free agent at $7m?

Based on comparable players on the market, he could have received more.

boyle did not get an offer at all. they told him we are going a different direction.

I just checked, and saw you are correct. For some reason I thought the Sharks offered him a 1-year contract.

Seriously. The fact that we were in on him is not encouraging. Looks like I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad