Speculation: 2019-2020 Sharks Roster Discussion, part три (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
You are grasping at straws dude.

Lets get in a car accident because they are part of what happens when you drive. If you can prevent a calamity, you try to do that.

I had no honest clue what this post was trying to say until I noticed what you had bolded in the quote, lol

I'm not saying "let's go sign a crummy deal!", I'm just saying that all deals given, good or bad, contribute to the overall value at large

I have no dispute with anyone who doesn't want to sign Pavelski to this contract, I only dispute those that claim he signed for "market value" when he clearly could have signed for more

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
You are correct.

There is no precedent for Pavelski taking less than this. He could have easily made more. It’s a very fair deal and maybe even a team-friendly one. It’s also going to end up badly for them.

Pavelski taking a team-friendly deal in Dallas, and Kevin Kurz reporting that he was never close with the Sharks should tell you everything you need to know. We never even offered him a team-friendly deal.
I think Doug probably offered him a very team friendly deal.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
As always, everything is quiet on the Sharks front. Wonder what “The Dentist” is up to. Surely he has a plan

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
Calling it right now. DW signs either Perry or Chiasson. Need a right shot winger and both will be well within their limited budget. Can’t imagine either will be well received.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
As always, everything is quiet on the Sharks front. Wonder what “The Dentist” is up to. Surely he has a plan
Before recently DW would rarely do anything on July 1st. He'll probably just wait it out, sign some of our own guys. The Sharks are so silent right now though that you have to wonder what he has brewing. We need right wings, something's got to give.

Reactions: SharksAddict

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Calling it right now. DW signs either Perry or Chiasson. Need a right shot winger and both will be well within their limited budget. Can’t imagine either will be well received.

I'm fine trying Corey Perry on a try out basis, but definitely with most of the fan base he'd be the worst welcomed Shark, far worse than the massive negative overreaction when they traded for Raffi Torres.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I had no honest clue what this post was trying to say until I noticed what you had bolded in the quote, lol

I'm not saying "let's go sign a crummy deal!", I'm just saying that all deals given, good or bad, contribute to the overall value at large

I have no dispute with anyone who doesn't want to sign Pavelski to this contract, I only dispute those that claim he signed for "market value" when he clearly could have signed for more

If Pavs was coming off a 38 goal scorer and was 27/28, he would be getting upwards of 8M AAV or better. He would be getting offers similar to Skinner would. But given his age, I think his AAV is market value and the fact that he is getting more than 2 years makes his deal above market value to me.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I'm fine trying Corey Perry on a try out basis, but definitely with most of the fan base he'd be the worst welcomed Shark, far worse than the massive negative overreaction when they traded for Raffi Torres.

I read somewhere on the main boards about Perry getting a 1 year deal for 3M. That would be too rich for my blood if true.

I would keep Perry and Patty around 1.5M and no more.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011

It would be funny if with this one seemingly innocuous move the Lightning submarined themselves out of the playoffs.:sarcasm:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

That’s not going to happen. He knows he needs a real top line winger and not an overpaid bottom 6er at best.

It’ll probably be like last year where he did nothing all summer and everybody complained and then he got Karlsson before training camp. It won’t be a Karlsson level player but it’ll be an Ehlers level player or something.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I wouldn't even give Marleau more that 1 year $1 million

If he's serious about only wanting to play here he should prove it

If that doesn't work for him he can take his 25 points to LA or Anaheim for all I care, he left, the allegiances have been severed

I'm sure I'll be saying the same thing about Pavelski in 4 years

Reactions: BigDmitriy

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
So many GMs keep any contact DW hands out from being mentioned in "bad contracts list"

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
The narrative being painted by many of the fan base is also funny and interesting. Hometown (drafted), heart and soul of the team who peaked at age 35 won't give team a hometown discount to keep a super team intact and is going to bolt to get paid ( although it definitely risks ending his career in Seattle), but the team is the bad guy.

Reactions: one2gamble and Phu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad