Prospect Info: 2019-2020 Senators Prospects Watch Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
That's your opinion & I disagree with it, he looked fine & was one of the better players in the WJC for the US, not to mention what a great first yr he is having in college. He has all the other attributes to play in the AHL besides size, I thought that was obvious but it seems ever detail needs to be pointed out for you to understand.

Just because he looked good in WJC and is having a good year doesn't mean he should be playing in the AHL. It's your size bias showing again. You keep talking about size and strength ad nauseam, where it's not the only thing. You've been more wrong than right because of your clouded judgement.

I don’t think you should say that with absolute confidence. It would literally be no different than a junior player jumping to the AHL after his junior eligibility is over. It’s the same as Formenton this year and Brown last year. That being said I wouldn’t guarantee that he jumps to the AHL. Money does talk though, and there will most likely be no competition at centre for him in Belleville. I believe it has been mentioned that he might want to play one more college year though

Don't think Formenton and Brown are good examples. They had way more junior experience and pretty much followed a normal path in progression. Leaving after one year of College is abnormal. Pinto is not special enough in his growth to warrant him going to the AHL. Again, what's the hurry?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Just because he looked good in WJC and is having a good year doesn't mean he should be playing in the AHL. It's your size bias showing again. You keep talking about size and strength ad nauseam, where it's not the only thing. You've been more wrong than right because of your clouded judgement.

Don't think Formenton and Brown are good examples. They had way more junior experience and pretty much followed a normal path in progression. Leaving after one year of College is abnormal. Pinto is not special enough in his growth to warrant him going to the AHL. Again, what's the hurry?
It’s the exact same thing. If Pinto played in the OHL there would be no question he’s playing AHL next year, because that would be the only option really. Would have nothing to do with him being special or not. And to be clear I am not saying you are wrong, I don’t mind either option

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

And you've been wrong plenty of times too. I have never said that size & strength is the only thing, shallow thinkers like you make that crap up. I have always said I prefer a bigger tougher team, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't also be skilled & fast & have some scoring talent on it. Pinto is a good example of a guy with good size who is also skilled & decent skater who can score goals. Actually, because he did have a good WJC against his peers & has had a good yr in college could actually be a metric that clearly shows he is ready for the pro game.

Reactions: Cosmix

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
And you've been wrong plenty of times too. I have never said that size & strength is the only thing, shallow thinkers like you make that crap up. I have always said I prefer a bigger tougher team, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't also be skilled & fast & have some scoring talent on it. Pinto is a good example of a guy with good size who is also skilled & decent skater who can score goals. Actually, because he did have a good WJC against his peers & has had a good yr in college could actually be a metric that clearly shows he is ready for the pro game.

Please provide this metric bc I think you just made it up. He's been good, but not amazing. Players who played only one year in College had amazing years. That's the difference. Again, your size fascination is clouding you.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Please provide this metric bc I think you just made it up. He's been good, but not amazing. Players who played only one year in College had amazing years. That's the difference. Again, your size fascination is clouding you.

Brady is an interesting case - he had a rather pedestrian single college year.

Reactions: DueDiligence

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010

If you're interested in a better argument for Pinto turning pro, I feel like I made a decent case the other day, starting here and continuing on the page 38 of that thread,

Can't believe I'm agreeing with Aragorn here but it wouldn't be the worst thing for Pinto to leaves school if his camp believes there is decent playing opportunity in Belleville. I hate to make decisions based on World Juniors but did you see him there? He just looks like a pro. Head to head against other team's top players he won battles all over the ice, many times outmuscled and outwitted players who are considered elite prospects. He's ready for the next step.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Where on earth would pinto play in our pro ranks?

brown Norris chlapik sswarz. ? He doesn’t get in on center in the AHL. And if anyone thinks he’s NHL ready then that’s another argument that I don’t think many will take you up on.

he’s having a “decent” year in college. Not blowing anyone away. Just chill the f*** out lmao

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

brown Norris chlapik sswarz. ? He doesn’t get in on center in the AHL. And if anyone thinks he’s NHL ready then that’s another argument that I don’t think many will take you up on.

he’s having a “decent” year in college. Not blowing anyone away. Just chill the **** out lmao
pretty easy. brown and Norris should not be in the ahl

Reactions: NB613 and JD1

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010

he’s having a “decent” year in college. Not blowing anyone away. Just chill the **** out lmao

Sounds a little like you're the one who needs to chill out. People can have opinions and discuss things.

Reactions: aragorn

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Yeah next year sure.

not this year.

So what difference does it make if Pinto is signed between the end of his season and the pro season vs after the pro season? No harm in getting him a few games - if he can hang, he can hang. If not, no harm done (assuming he was gonna get signed in the summer anyways)

Also, Pinto is having a much better than "decent" season. He's top 5 amongst U20 players in the NCAA in points per game, had a great WJC, and is an all-around player. I am not against him returning to college next year but he's had a pretty fantastic season.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO Pinto has the size to handle the physical pro game & IMO he has the skills to not look out of place either & given two decent line mates (Norris & Formenton) could create a pretty good AHL line. I'm not sure if they drafted Pinto to be a centre or RWer for this org, but is he really that far behind those two? I don't think so.

I'm guessing we may have a better idea this summer at development camp whether he may be pro ready or not, but I would guess that he will make his decision regarding turning pro this summer at some point.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I think its safe to assume Pinto coming over to AHL next year. He's been considered one of the best rookies with best all around game, was force in the WJC. I think it could do him good to have another season there though to dominate then potentially make jump directly to NHL/bottom 6 role; but i can equally see him coming over to AHL while we still have a deep roster there and get the best out of Pinto's professional development.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think its safe to assume Pinto coming over to AHL next year. He's been considered one of the best rookies with best all around game, was force in the WJC. I think it could do him good to have another season there though to dominate then potentially make jump directly to NHL/bottom 6 role; but i can equally see him coming over to AHL while we still have a deep roster there and get the best out of Pinto's professional development.

10 janvier 2020 23h16

Cet as, c’était Shane Pinto. Choix de deuxième ronde des Sénateurs d’Ottawa et meilleur joueur des États-Unis au Championnat du monde junior, il était un agent libre dans la LHO.
Les Sénateurs auraient aimé qu’il vienne terminer sa saison dans leur cour. Le directeur général Pierre Dorion a même rendu visite à l’Américain de 19 ans jeudi soir, mais Pinto joue dans la meilleure équipe de hockey universitaire de la NCAA au North Dakota.

C’est avec ce club qu’il souhaite gagner un championnat national. N’empêche, sa venue à Ottawa aurait été un Grand Chelem. Pas juste à cause de son talent brut, mais aussi parce qu’il n’aurait rien coûté en matière de transaction.

« Nous avons bien essayé de l’amener ici. Les Sénateurs ont été impliqués dans le dossier, mais c’était compliqué avec l’agent. Pour lui, Pinto aurait joué dans la Ligue américaine à 20 ans s’il s’était amené à Ottawa maintenant. L’agent préfère que son client passe une autre saison dans la NCAA avant de passer directement à la LNH à 21 ans », a dit André Tourigny.

Les 67’s visaient un Grand Chelem

Comment: No way is Shane Pinto going direct to the NHL with the logjam we have brewing up front.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I think he can play RW with Formenton on LW & Norris in the middle at centre.
10 janvier 2020 23h16

Cet as, c’était Shane Pinto. Choix de deuxième ronde des Sénateurs d’Ottawa et meilleur joueur des États-Unis au Championnat du monde junior, il était un agent libre dans la LHO.
Les Sénateurs auraient aimé qu’il vienne terminer sa saison dans leur cour. Le directeur général Pierre Dorion a même rendu visite à l’Américain de 19 ans jeudi soir, mais Pinto joue dans la meilleure équipe de hockey universitaire de la NCAA au North Dakota.

C’est avec ce club qu’il souhaite gagner un championnat national. N’empêche, sa venue à Ottawa aurait été un Grand Chelem. Pas juste à cause de son talent brut, mais aussi parce qu’il n’aurait rien coûté en matière de transaction.

« Nous avons bien essayé de l’amener ici. Les Sénateurs ont été impliqués dans le dossier, mais c’était compliqué avec l’agent. Pour lui, Pinto aurait joué dans la Ligue américaine à 20 ans s’il s’était amené à Ottawa maintenant. L’agent préfère que son client passe une autre saison dans la NCAA avant de passer directement à la LNH à 21 ans », a dit André Tourigny.

Les 67’s visaient un Grand Chelem

Comment: No way is Shane Pinto going direct to the NHL with the logjam we have brewing up front.

What about the AHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino