Line Combos: 2019-2020 Roster Speculation

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
I think the more telling thing is that Ritchie wasn't announced as a signing today. I find it hard to believe that Ritchie wouldn't sign his QO just as fast or faster than Janmark. I think it might be a positive sign they won't qualify him.

If we don’t sign him, who would we rely on to take game costing penalties?

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
One less winger option in FA as Jordan Eberle has re-signed with the Isles.

If we were thinking of going after him I have a feeling this now means we ramp up negotiations with Zucc.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
EW's projection for Eberle was 7 years @ $6,051,826. Actual was $5.5 million for 5 years.

Reminder, their projection for Zucc was 4 years @ $6,203,898.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I think Zucc wants 5 years and a no move clause, that's more important to him than the money. But should be around 6M per.

He said they are in talks with the Stars, and he stays if they can agree on a deal. Maybe we get some news in a few days.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Let’s embrace the probability of Zucc not coming back at this point. Forwards in FA at similar price points include-

Anders Lee
Pavelski
Nyquist

Some trade options include-

Kadri
Kapanen
Paccioretty
Stastny

Hit me if I’m missing any

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Let’s embrace the probability of Zucc not coming back at this point. Forwards in FA at similar price points include-

Anders Lee
Pavelski
Nyquist

Some trade options include-

Kadri
Kapanen
Paccioretty
Stastny

Hit me if I’m missing any
Riley Smith, Tuch and Marchessault are all probably in play to some degree. Vegas is over the cap and needs to sign karlsson on top of actually fill out the roster (19 players signed so far)
or at the very least Karlsson would then be in play
He should be offer sheet target #1 for teams. Because they can't match and Compensation shouldn't be to bad.

Granted that includes Clarkson, but Karlsson is going to get more than 5.25mil so they need to free up at least that much, plus sign a backup goalie.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Riley Smith, Tuch and Marchessault are all probably in play to some degree. Vegas is over the cap and needs to sign karlsson on top of actually fill out the roster (19 players signed so far)
or at the very least Karlsson would then be in play
He should be offer sheet target #1 for teams. Because they can't match and Compensation shouldn't be to bad.

Granted that includes Clarkson, but Karlsson is going to get more than 5.25mil so they need to free up at least that much, plus sign a backup goalie.

Could see Smith, Marchy is probably gonna cost too much. He’s a core player on that team.

Few names I forgot

Burakovsky (caps might not pay a QO)
Puljujarvi
Zucker
Kessel

Think a trade is the better route. Might be an opportunity to trim up some of the “fat” on the roster.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Could see Smith, Marchy is probably gonna cost too much. He’s a core player on that team.

Few names I forgot

Puljujarvi
Zucker
Kessel

Think a trade is the better route. Might be an opportunity to trim up some of the “fat” on the roster.
I've got my fingers crossed for one of Smith/March but Patches will probably be the odd-man out another one of those overpaid 30+ types, though they did just get him last year, so maybe not.

Sadly we're probably not in on any of them.... Well except Patches because it fits Nills MO of declining and overpaid

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Few names I forgot

Puljujarvi
Zucker
Kessel

Don’t forget to include offer sheeting Meier or Marner.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
If you're curious AK, the other UFA Nill mentioned was Methot. He was open ... not necessarily trying ... to the other players returning.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
If no other trades ...

Dickinson-Seguin-Radulov
Benn-Hintz-Pavelski
Janmark-Dellandrea-Perry
Cogliano-Faksa-Comeau

Lindell-Klingberg
Heiskanen-Johns
Sekera-Polak
Oleksiak

Bishop
Khudobin

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
If no other trades ...

Dickinson-Seguin-Radulov
Benn-Hintz-Pavelski
Janmark-Dellandrea-Perry
Cogliano-Faksa-Comeau

Lindell-Klingberg
Heiskanen-Johns
Sekera-Polak
Oleksiak

Bishop
Khudobin

Yeah this confirms it for me, there are definitely 1 or 2 trades on the way.

Oleksiak and Janmark at the least.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
It just seems if all the chatter from Shapiro and Heika is accurate about Gurianov, that would be the case. In a perfect world, Gurianov or another top prospect would be good enough to be the other guy on a Top 6 line, and you could create a pretty dangerous 3A/3B line with scoring upside around Dickinson and Perry. Personally, I'd go with Dellandrea. That way you keep together your 3A/3B checking line of Cogliano-Faksa-Comeau.

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Gurianov-Hintz-Pavelski
Dickinson-Dellandrea-Perry
Cogliano-Faksa-Comeau

Gurianov and the other prospects aren't a lock to be able to handle being the other guy especially if Hintz is on that line, but there is some logic to try and see if Gurianov and Hintz can mesh in the NHL.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
If no other trades ...

Dickinson-Seguin-Radulov
Benn-Hintz-Pavelski
Janmark-Dellandrea-Perry
Cogliano-Faksa-Comeau

Lindell-Klingberg
Heiskanen-Johns
Sekera-Polak
Oleksiak

Bishop
Khudobin
Dickinson in the top 6 is a weak link imo, and expecting Johns to walk right in to the #4 spot is asking a TON of a guy that hasn't played in a year. I guess every team has its players that are pushed into higher roles than they'd like.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Agreed with both of those, but the current structure of Dallas' cap, sort of looks like what Dallas has available.

That's why I mentioned Johansson as a guy who is still available that would be perfect in Dallas. I don't know that he's worth paying to dump Hanzal, but he may be. He's a good all-around player that has the versatility to play center. Seems like the perfect guy to play with Hintz and Pavelski.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad