Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (VAN leads 3-2)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
It is a very naive take to suggest the question of which team is favoured "doesn't matter".

This isn't minor hockey, it's the NHL where the discussions involve millions of dollars.

If the 'nucks lose this series as expected, there won't be repercussions. Tocchet is already a Jack Adams finalist, and the season remains a massive success. Nor will anything change for the Oil coach, winning this round is below the floor that has been set.

But because the oil are in fact favoured, if the 'nucks unexpectedly win, there will be massive repercussions.

The smallest will be the mockery I make of so- called "journalists" that didn't vote for Tocchet. Moving on from that, we will see another NHL head coach fired.

More than that, salaries of star players in the amount of tens of millions of dollars will be moved to different franchise as Drai and McDavid go elsewhere. And continued failure after being gifted numerous 1st OA picks and a generational player could see the franchise moved to an American market.

The players may ignore who is favoured - they don't, but it's moot - but fans, sponsors, owners and other stakeholders are all invested in who is favoured.

But at least instead of debating who is favoured, now I get the pleasure of being dragged beneath the mud to debate why it even matters.
man oh man has the narrative changed in a matter of days

Nucks fans wouldn't stop crowing about how they swept the Oilers all year as proof of how good they are...now they're just a scrappy "young" (they're not young) team just happy to be into the Second Round with no nothing to lose
lmao

Reactions: Skolman

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Why are you guys acting like the Canucks are a very young team?

All your top players have been in the league for 6+ seasons.

Last time I checked, isn't the Canucks roster around the middle of the pack when it comes to age?

12th youngest, so on the right side of the middle of the pack.

Reactions: I am toxic

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009

Nucks fans wouldn't stop crowing about how they swept the Oilers all year as proof of how good they are...now they're just a scrappy "young" (they're not young) team just happy to be into the Second Round with no nothing to lose
lmao
So it is your stance that if the Canucks lose this series they underachieved this year? Do you think there will be any dramatic changes in Vancouver?

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada

lmao
I posted this same narrative days ago. You have just picked and choose what you read or conveniently remember.

You guys made excuses when you lost and chirped about how bad our season was going to be after our 3 1st meetings. All season long your fanbase yapped about how we were going to trade spots in the standings in due time. Never happened. So of course we throw the sweep in your guys faces. You guys were poor losers. Gave us 0 credit and just whined about PDO, Injuries , Goaltending. Fluke chance. So yea. It was fun throwing it in your fanbase face that couldn't take a few losses.

Nuck Bonino

May 10, 2011

lmao
Not a single nucks fan here has used the word “young”? Oiler fans keep spinning up new narratives every time they get disproven 🤣

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I can’t even follow the conversation while watching the Vegas game, too many deleted comments. Need less shit posting and more valuable content

VEGAS SCORES!!!!!!

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
of course not...whats your point?

no....but why would there be "massive changes" in Edmonton if they lose this series?
Well, what's the definition of insanity?

The point is there's way more pressure on the Oilers. Canucks are playing with house money.

Also, Canucks can, and did, sweep the season series and still be playing with nothing to lose. So I'm not sure how the narrative necessarily changed. Both of those truths can exist together.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
And Oilers looked awful against the Canucks this year and finished below them in the standings. They also have the worst record of any playoff team against the top teams.
If you want to throw out the regular season then I think you can throw out the first round too.
As for playoff experience, the Oilers is not really very impressive. They’ve never gone on a deep run.
I know some Oiler fans are getting excited but I just don’t think they’re anywhere close to being a contender. Should be a good hard fought close series imo.
Sure you should support and believe in your team, thats your duty as a nuck fan.

Im not Canadian and perhaps see things more sober.

Nucks won all 4 meeting in regular, 3 of them when Oilers losing to everyone.

Nucks slowed down alot after cristmas, their superstar C has gone on a long dry and the team couldnt light up a wildcard in Nashville.

McDrai elevates their games in playoffs, especially Drai. Now they have a good team and coach around them.

Our pp is topnotch, have 3 lines who can score and some greasy players.

And yes, they have alot of playoff experience compared to the Nucks and it showned in the first round.

Ifnt Skinner shits the bed, it will be a non dramatic serie.

GL anyway!(you need it)😉

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Well, what's the definition of insanity?

The point is there's way more pressure on the Oilers. Canucks are playing with house money.

Also, Canucks can, and did, sweep the season series and still be playing with nothing to lose. So I'm not sure how the narrative necessarily changed. Both of those truths can exist together.
of course there is...whether the Oil lose to the Canucks this round or in Game 7 OT of the Cup Final, it'll be a "failure" of a season...that comes with high expectations of the team
the rest of the drivel is wishful thinking about "massive changes"

and yes the narrative absolutely changed...if you guys are as good as you've claimed to be all year, why wouldn't your expectations be to go further? I mean you won the division and were consistently good all year

it's a cope in order to be satisfied no matter the outcome of the series

Reactions: Dieseloil

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
of course there is...whether the Oil lose to the Canucks this round or in Game 7 OT of the Cup Final, it'll be a "failure" of a season...that comes with high expectations of the team

and yes the narrative absolutely changed...if you guys are as good as you've claimed to be all year, why wouldn't your expectations be to go further? I mean you won the division and were consistently good all year

This

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada

We destroyed expectations this year. Everyone had us slotted in at the bottom of the pacific . We all agreed sneaking into the post season would be a successful season for our team. Here we are round 2. None of us will be angry if we lose. Would be fun to win. Just wish we had a healthy Demko.

We can't all be Cup or Bust.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Sure you should support and believe in your team, thats your duty as a nuck fan.

Im not Canadian and perhaps see things more sober.

Nucks won all 4 meeting in regular, 3 of them when Oilers losing to everyone.

Nucks slowed down alot after cristmas, their superstar C has gone on a long dry and the team couldnt light up a wildcard in Nashville.

McDrai elevates their games in playoffs, especially Drai. Now they have a good team and coach around them.

Our pp is topnotch, have 3 lines who can score and some greasy players.

And yes, they have alot of playoff experience compared to the Nucks and it showned in the first round.

Ifnt Skinner shits the bed, it will be a non dramatic serie.

GL anyway!(you need it)😉
Sure. Support your team I get it.
Even if it means making lots of lame excuses as to why you finished lower in the standings.
That’s the nature of fandom. An inability to see the big holes in your own team.
Should be an even series between two even teams that finished one-two in the Pacific but who both are not top contenders.
Could come down to home ice advantage which the Canucks certainly earned this year.
As for you seeing things more sober, I doubt very much that you were sober when you wrote that post. 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad