Line Combos: 2019-2020 Roster Speculation

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
You'd have to make separate moves. One to clear space ... probably have to be Hanzal if Gusev really wants $4 million. The other potential move would be trading Janmark and Oleksiak. Replacing Oleksiak with an ELC. I think that only gets you $3 IIRC.

Then you've have to trade for Gusev.

Reactions: Zapp

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Gurianov-Hintz-Pavelski
Dickinson-Faksa-Perry
Janmark/Cogliano-Dellandrea-Comeau

Dellandrea in there to start the season at least. Janmark or Cogs is hopefully moved (with or without Honka) for a more reliable RD. Relies a lot on Guri breaking through but I absolutely love this third line. Nobody wants to face that group.

Lindell-Klingberg
Heiskanen-Johns
Sekera/Polak/Oleksiak rotation.

Maybe D'Juse or Fedun rotating too. I'd like Johns to be locked in on the third pair ideally but I'll settle for the more stable offense now and hope for that trade to come somewhat soon.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Hanzal had #11 last season and #10 the season before that. So another sign he's not playing again.

Also means Dickinson is guaranteed to stay around , not that this is any suprise.

Last edited:

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Dickinson as #18 is weird to me for some reason. Wish he could have taken #11 like his Guelph Storm/Texas Stars days.

Wonder why Cogliano switched, he's never worn 11 in his career, 17 made sense for him.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Dickinson as #18 is weird to me for some reason. Wish he could have taken #11 like his Guelph Storm/Texas Stars days.

Wonder why Cogliano switched, he's never worn 11 in his career, 17 made sense for him.
JN power move. He's mogging Hanzal- stripped that shit. Cogliano didn't even want it. Jimmer is just throwing his weight around.

Reactions: Henderson33

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Cogs probably won't be on the roster for a lot of time, I'd imagine. I'd be surprised if we renew his contract in two years.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Just thinking about line combos, again. Seguin scored 33 and Pavelski 38; put them on separate lines.

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Gurianov - Hintz - Pavelski
Janmark - Dickinson - Perry
Cogliano - Faksa - Comeau

Line 1 - leave it be
Line 2 - Pavs alongside Hintz’ RW with a fast Gurianov looks good.
Line 3 - Dickinson between a fast Janmark and a guy like Perry is interesting.
Line 4 - we know this line

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Just thinking about line combos, again. Seguin scored 33 and Pavelski 38; put them on separate lines.

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Gurianov - Hintz - Pavelski
Janmark - Dickinson - Perry
Cogliano - Faksa - Comeau

Line 1 - leave it be
Line 2 - Pavs alongside Hintz’ RW with a fast Gurianov looks good.
Line 3 - Dickinson between a fast Janmark and a guy like Perry is interesting.
Line 4 - we know this line

Very nice lines.. but can the second line produce?

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Hintz will continue to produce as long as he still has Monty's trust.

Not sure why everyone is so confident in this. Yes, he was a beast in the playoffs.. can he do it an entire season? I doubt it. So how much can he produce over an 82 game set where he has moments of playoff beast and moments of sophomore slump. That is my question.

Plus, to me the bigger concern is Gurianov than Hintz.. if Hintz is playing with Pavelski and someone else who is a proven player he will produce.. but toss Gurianov and Hintz together and I'm not sure if it will or won't work.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Anyone can regress, but my feeling is that Hintz has all of the tools and hockey IQ to remain a top six forward in the NHL. His points weren’t just easy tap ins from skilled forwards he created a lot of offence by himself. That being said I would like to have a better left wing option than Gurianov/Dickinson, but we are in a cap crunch so I don’t think that’ll happen any time soon.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Not sure why everyone is so confident in this. Yes, he was a beast in the playoffs.. can he do it an entire season? I doubt it. So how much can he produce over an 82 game set where he has moments of playoff beast and moments of sophomore slump. That is my question.

Plus, to me the bigger concern is Gurianov than Hintz.. if Hintz is playing with Pavelski and someone else who is a proven player he will produce.. but toss Gurianov and Hintz together and I'm not sure if it will or won't work.

I'M not sure why some people only mention his playoff performance when doubting him. He also did it for something like one-third of the regular season once he became a regular. He had 13 points in his last 20 regular reason games. That's as good as he did in the playoffs.

Also 17 in his last 30 regular season games, 25 in his last 43 overall games including playoffs.

So about a 50 point pace for almost half a season of sample size, and the pace rose over that span. Doesn't mean he'll score 50 next year but plenty of reason to think he can and has a pretty good chance to do it.

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Well we will never know unless we try them together. Nothing to lose by trying it and if it works out then suddenly you have 2 of the fastest players in the NHL together, if it doesn't work then we try someone else and move on. First things first though, Perry will get a top 6 chance before anyone.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
There may only be a few teams going into the season with a near perfect roster without some hope and pray for rookies, vets returning for injuries, etc. Thank the cap.

Our question marks are the return of Johns, Perry and Sekera from injury to be effective, the age of Pavs, and the need for a few of our prospect forwards to develop into at least 15 goal forwards. Maybe a question of whether Jamie will continue to decline, and of course, presumption that most of the others will play at about the same level we are used to.

So, that is questions about 6-7 of our skaters, or about 1/3 the lineup. I wonder if that is on par with most of the upper half of the league?

With the cap, Nill just HAS TO trust that Rope isn't a flash in the pan, and work from that. If he needs to adjust because that doesn't happen, my guess is he will, somehow.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
when will delleandrea and roberston make the team?

Dellandra is a threat to make the team this season, but I don’t see him making it past 9 games. Robertson will likely spend this year in the AHL and if he does well and fixes the holes in his game he will play in 2020/21.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad