Line Combos: 2019-2020 Roster Speculation

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I would love Dellandrea to make the team. I watched all his ahl games and he busted his ass working hard every shift. He also was an amazing agitator

Honestly a big reason I'd like to see him play with Perry. If you did put Dickinson on that line, that would be an annoying, difficult line to play against with potential to add secondary scoring.

Reactions: mc3488

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Dellandrea should at least get his 9 games . Hopefully he performs well enough that the Stars don't send him back to that mess Flint.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’m pretty happy with the guys we got and I’d love to move Dickinson to the left wing. He’s not perfect on the Seguin line, but with our cap space we should give him a shot and maybe make a deadline deal. I’d like to see the fourth line spot be a battle between L’Esperance, Dellandra, and Dowling.

mc3488

Jul 2, 2013
Houston, Tx
Dellandrea should be effective in a bottom six role for sure. This kid is gonna be a big fan favorite. Now I gotta see him get mentored in the art of agitating by the master himself :laugh:

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I’m pretty happy with the guys we got and I’d love to move Dickinson to the left wing. He’s not perfect on the Seguin line, but with our cap space we should give him a shot and maybe make a deadline deal. I’d like to see the fourth line spot be a battle between L’Esperance, Dellandra, and Dowling.

I think he sticks out like a sore thumb there. If you're just going to give a guy a shot on the top line I'd rather it be Gurianov or Robertson who at least have scoring potential.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I think he sticks out like a sore thumb there. If you're just going to give a guy a shot on the top line I'd rather it be Gurianov or Robertson who at least have scoring potential.

I’m open to that as well. I’m not really sure who would be a good fit. Guys like Eaves and Peverli worked well in the past so you never really know.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Dellandrea should at least get his 9 games . Hopefully he performs well enough that the Stars don't send him back to that mess Flint.

Flint will be better next year. They got the second overall pick (who is the best in his age group for the OHL) to report to the team, and they will have good coaching for the entire year, instead of just the back half of the year.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I really think we see Dellandrea on the NHL roster next season. Lot he can learn from Pavelski, Perry, etc. And a lot he can bring with his youth and speed

Hell of a lot better than him being stuck in Flint. Stars clearly don't care whether Flint ends up better or not either they want him out of there it appears. Nothing else for him there

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I think he has a good chance because he is a Center whereas Gurianov and Robertson are on the wing. Dowling vs Dellandrea basically.

mc3488

Jul 2, 2013
Houston, Tx
We gotta get Dellandrea outta freaking Flint, Michigan and to the great state of Texas and we will win the cup guaranteed

Reactions: Zapp

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
All this talk about Dellandrea being in the NHL as a 19 year old rookie is exciting the F out of me.

I think when he came to Texas he earned his 9 games, won't be surprised to see him be an instant favorite in Dallas, he was an instant favorite for me when I was watching Texas, and apparently, he was playing hurt.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
You got to think between Dickinson, Guri, Robertson, Mascherin, Dellandrea and even Felhaber, we should be able to find someone that fits into that last top 6 spot.

I see a lot of people saying this but let's be honest we didn't sign Perry to be a bottom 6 player. He will get his shot in the top 6

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I do think that Perry will get a shot in the top six, but I don’t think it’s going to work out. However, Janmark-Dellandra-Perry going against other teams bottom lines could be matchup hell for other teams. We finally have two scoring lines, we might actually have a third line that can put the puck in the night.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I see a lot of people saying this but let's be honest we didn't sign Perry to be a bottom 6 player. He will get his shot in the top 6

Yeah but he will also be removed if he doesn't work out there.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Agreed, I think you can basically just add him to my list of players that could potentially fill that hole in the top 6. I think they all have a shot, some will have a better chance than others. I think Perry will likely get the opportunity first unless Guri and/or JRob light it up in camp and preseason, which would be fantastic.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What will our PP units look like?

I'm hoping:

Hintz-Pavelski-Radulov
Seguin-Klingberg

Benn-Faksa-Perry
Gurianov-Heiskanen

Hopefully they can take Lindell off now but a lot of that depends on if Gurianov makes the roster I suppose/gets to play

Probably more realistic that we see this though:

Benn-Pavelski-Radulov
Seguin-Klingberg

Hintz-Faksa-Perry
Lindell/Gurianov-Heiskanen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad