Prospect Info: 2019-2020 Prospect Info and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Why is this kid still in U20? Thought he proved himself he should be in the next level up last year.
My guess is the U20 league started already and this is to keep him and some others playing until the top league is playing real games.

Reactions: DaveG

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Kochetkov was a backup again today. He has only started 1 out of 5 games. But the starter Ezhov got yanked again after giving up 4 goals through 2 periods. Kochetkov made 2 saves in the 3rd in route to a loss.

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
But, Karpat A-juniors is kind of stacked:

"The A youths had a practice in Raksila this morning.

What youth we ever had there."

(Pekka Rinne, Jani Hakanpää, Sebastian Aho, Lasse Kukkonen)

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Not sure how much longer this will be “free”, but the general gist-Canes have a bunch of guys rated between 51-75:

Trying to recall from memory and listed from highest-rated to lowest here’s the listing for the Canes guys ranked throughout 51-75:

Drury
Keane
Puistola
Bokk
Rees
Bean
Suzuki

I guess there’s a whole lot of receny bias with Drury now rated as best rated Canes’ prospect (I cant think of anyone, outside of maybe Honka based on potential) that could be in their 1-50ranked guys. To me, Suzuki and Bean are the top guys, but that’s just my own crappy opinion.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Hopefully we can get Drury signed. Signing in Sweden was sort of odd but understandable given Harvard probably isn't playing sports any time soon. But he's a Harvard guy so who knows what will happen.

I know we're running out of spots for the kid but I'm excited to see Sellgren's continued progression. Even if we can't find a spot for him, getting a potential B+/A- prospect trade asset out of a 6th rounder would be really good.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Hopefully we can get Drury signed. Signing in Sweden was sort of odd but understandable given Harvard probably isn't playing sports any time soon. But he's a Harvard guy so who knows what will happen.
He's a professional sports contract guy now. Harvard hockey is over for him.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

2Minutes4Surging

Jul 5, 2017
Durham, NC

I know we're running out of spots for the kid but I'm excited to see Sellgren's continued progression. Even if we can't find a spot for him, getting a potential B+/A- prospect trade asset out of a 6th rounder would be really good.
I like Sellgren's game. He is a solid defensively, a good skater and has an excellent first pass in transition. I can see him as a very solid 3rd pair guy who can slide up incase of injury.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He's a professional sports contract guy now. Harvard hockey is over for him.
Well this is probably all a plan worked out with the team. He’s from Chicago and we’ve presumably known for awhile our affiliate was going to be there. College is going to be weird for awhile, no need to hang around if the intent is to go pro. Sweden to camp, he makes it or he goes back to Chicago to develop with his family nearby.

Sellgren is a legit lower pair option to me. Hope they hang on to him. He’s likely just as legit an option at that role as Bean is.

Listening to xm yesterday Don admitted that they have decimated their forward depth with all the moves they’ve made and made it seem like forwards were a focus. We went pretty heavy last year with them already and they were talking about the first rounder and the draft overall at the same time, with the question he was responding to having some context to Askarov as well. He responded we took a goalie high last year to start off with so I’m not sure Askarov is our guy - though not a lot of people still expect him to get to us regardless.

I think we’re expecting to take a forward at 13 which is the obvious choice, and we may have another forward heavy draft in general. That wouldn’t make sense to me, our defensive prospects are getting a little thin imo.

Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Doastal, the Anaheim 2018 3rd round pick, won the starting job for Ilves. Not sure how many reps Makiniemi will get.

Honka has a goal and an assist in his 2 goals so far for JYP, averaging 16:40 . Puistola has a goal on the same team, averaging 12 minutes.

Drury is O’fer in his 4 SHL games. Im not sure what we are going to draw from his first year with European ice. Drury is getting around 17 minutes a game.

Sellgren has 3 assists in 3 games. His ice time was 17, 17:52, and 25:30, respectively. 25:30, wow.

Kochetkov still isn’t playing.

Last edited:

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Dominewhome.png

On the move again.

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm

Well needed. My team in Sweden, they really need some help, they are in last place after six games (some teams have 7-8 games played). DIF didn't do any signings after the COVID-19 outbreak, so they have been relying on some iffy players. Bokk should get a good chance in the top 6 and on the PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad